So horde , did you get what you wanted?

Yeah, endure a humbling and cheap 7 minute loss or wait 2 hours plus hours for god knows what.

Where’s option C? There is none - and not because of horde did this and alliance did that.

That also hurts Alliance, since it makes it harder to rank given there’s that much more honour.

If we’re so bad, why did you have to get Blizzard to remove our premades to even win?

They fixed a queue exploit which both sides were able to use. People need to stop acting like it was done just to help horde.

Btw, I never cared about the premades in AV and tried to tell the horde at the time to fight back. I didn’t “get” Blizzard to do anything.

The map is the problem? Really? The first strategic cap the Horde have to perform is Stonehearth Graveyard. That nut is exceedingly difficult to crack because Alliance have the advantage in defending it.

You turtle behind the hill and camp on top of the roof of the hovel with LoS advantage. Horde has to run out, around that LoS point, take out the guards and any Alliance defending, compete against graveyard respawns, and deal with the roaming elite LT’s and the archers from the tower.

If we attempt to pincer and send troops from the western route around, we deal with 2 LT’s we pick up, plus the bunker on the hill, where the archers have enough range to hit us, whittling us down. That same bunker keeps any Horde forces in combat, once the mana is spent in that position, there is no way out of combat to regain mana. While we’re attempting to do that, we have a pair of LT’s beating on our healers who are OOM.

If we get lucky, the Alliance will go west, past the Balinda bunker and up to Snowfall. This relieves the tension of beating our head against the proverbial Alliance wall, and gives us enough time to kill the remainder defending Stonehearth.

If we’re unlucky, you guys turtle until we finally band together and push as a cohesive unit. Trying to rally a cohesive push with 40 Leeroy Jenkins isn’t easy, as I’m sure you well know.

Once we’ve successfully flipped the flag at Stonehearth, we have to backtrack and send forces to re-take Snowfall, while the other half of the force attempts to squeeze into the choke there on the hill. A few attempt to take bunker, while the rest focus on attempting to keep any Alliance from slipping through the choke. This isn’t easy, as there are 2 paths that can be taken to circumvent any defending Horde, so we have to spread our forces out. If Horde moves too far down the hill, you guys go around from up top. If we wait far enough back, Alliance will push through on the side of the bunker and go around.

Once we’ve cracked that nut, we have a whole other issue on our hands. Now we have to run down to Stormpike, where you again have a huge advantage. You have 3 options you can take to get around the Horde push to that graveyard. You can go down through the pass under the bridge, or you can run across the bridge and leave out the Southwest corner of your base, or you can just push through us with enough people that we can’t catch you all.

If you choose to defend that base, you get high ground on the hill, you get the ability to shoot through the hill, and you have the safety of the bridge and archers (again) right there to prevent you from being surrounded. You have 2 immediate choke points that you can utilize for your defense.

Now we’ve taken that graveyard. Fantastic! We can now push into your base and start to attempt taking your final graveyard. Oh boy, such fun. You have archers, again, in your towers that can shoot past the middle of the bridge. Not only that, you have elite mobs with TONS of hitpoints guarding everything that are exceedingly hostile. If one of your numbers walks near one, and a Horde player attacks you, you’ve got instant backup of 4-6 elite mobs all pissed off at the guy who attacked you. You just back up and laugh as said player is destroyed. If Horde is coordinated, you just have your tanks peel off the NPC’s and keep on keeping on, but rarely if ever does that happen.

So, 2 towers worth of archers with no line of sight obstructions with range over the entire battlefield who can not only shoot a person to interrupt bunker capture, but can also whittle a person down from full health to no health, all while dealing with the ground based NPC’s that want to kill them as well.

We finally manage to flip that graveyard flag at the First Aid station. Yay! Now all of the Alliance spawn in their tunnel which just happens to let out at Stormpike graveyard again! So, you guys just drop down and proceed to take the graveyard back, while we turtle up at First Aid station waiting for it to flip. If we’re lucky, we’ll put up a decent defense at the bridge and make you taste a little of the advantage you guys have previous to First Aid station being taken. Sure, we don’t have the archers, or the NPC’s helping us, but we have the choke, and that’s typically good enough to keep you guys where you can’t attack us from the rear.

In any case, I’ve outlined the difficulties Horde have attacking the Alliance bunkers, graveyards and choke points.

This doesn’t mention the other difficulties we have with rogues/druids sneaking through the lines, back capping our towers and graveyards, and taking out our LTs behind the lines.

Horde graveyards do not have the same kind of protection that Alliance graveyards enjoy. They are in the open, with no cover whatsoever. There is no easy defense like with Alliance graveyards. Horde towers are easily capped due to the flag itself being isolated from the archers who sit on the tower, with no line of sight to the flag proper.

The only place that I see the Alliance really and truly having a right to complain, is the Druid/Arch Druid summoning place. While it is diagonally placed from the Horde summoning area, it is less defensible than the Horde summoning spot. I’d say you have a right to complain about that, but considering the other advantages you enjoy, I’d say it’s moot.

Having played both Alliance and Horde, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Alliance has a much easier time defending their graveyards when they work together as a team.

2 Likes

Not even slightly true.

SHGY traps is inside it 10 at a time and can be attacked from 2 sides, and as you may not like to admit it, once SHGY falls the Alliance have already lost the BG.

Have you not seen my outline on IBGY assault???

In the 5 minutes it takes to cap for Alliance, at 1:50 into the cap of IBGY horde would of had 60 people Rez and AT IBGY, in that SAME time, only 20 Alliance would of made it to IBGY from SHGY.

Let’s see you take a graveyard with those conditions and hold it, why do you think Alliance rarely make it passed IBGY or even hold IBGY on our assault?

Hey, at least you only have to worry about 2 sides! Every single Horde GY is wide open.

No, for whatever reason it didn’t show up. I’ll scroll back up and see what I can see.

Even if what you say is true, it still doesn’t change any of the other points I listed. If you decide to bail on that GY and run past, you have the decided advantage from that point forward. IBGY is almost impossible for Horde to take back once you’ve captured it. You hold the choke at that point, and we don’t all res at once like you’d like to believe. We have to wait to res, in queue, just like any other graveyard.

There are many times I’ve been sitting in that cave waiting on the res timer, only to end up getting passed up on the res and having to wait another 30 seconds to res.

The cave rez’s 20 people at a time. Yes we can wipe you at IBGY but we get over run, because what I said is true. At 1:50 into the fight it’s literally 60 horde who would of rez’s and gotten to IBGY VS 20 Alliance.

As far as your graveyards, idk I’m 8k into revered and I have never seen Drek or FWGY…maybe 1 day.

Don’t care

Win rate has no bearing on AV providing lower HPH compared to WSG/AB. Stop the siliness
(unless you are referring to race speedruns of AV, which are never happening again)

No one is using AV to rank, not sure why you keep adding in this HPH, when if Alliance want HPH we just destroy horde premades with our premades.

I was just commenting on your need to troll every post about AV as if you don’t get why Alliance don’t win it.

/shrug we’ll see, it really depends on how high horde queue times go vs how long it takes horde to figure out not to scorched earth.

Good god almighty… THAT IS THE ENTIRE POINT OF WHY THE GOOD ALLIANCE PLAYERS ARE NOT THERE. And yet you and your ilk keep repeating the false narrative that players left because of the win rates.

Translation: “Alliance will come back if horde allow them to race and avoid PVP so they can get better HPH than WSG/AB”

3 Likes

/shrug if you don’t understand why alliance aren’t queuing into AV beyond rep wants when horde are using a strat that the map gives them a near 100% win rate?

Well we’ll see how high horde queue times get.

I understand it and I don’t care to be part of enabling alliance to play poorly. Perhaps your crack suicide squad strategy should change.

Still don’t care about queue times. But keep at it, someone may actually be swayed by your repetition.

That’s fine, alliance aren’t going to queue into a map that gives the other side a major advantage, you just have to accept that.

Maybe you don’t now, and then you also aren’t all horde, some horde do care. We’ll see how high that queue time gets before enough of y’ll care :slight_smile:

1 Like

Be honest. While SOME high end ally premades destroy horde premades many throw fights and go after better HPH with PUGs. On my final ranking week it was AB weekend and I had maybe 5-6 good matches against premades. Most of these were against my server or Incendius who fights us due to the large number of their horde we have now. I’m not saying that ally premades couldn’t win either, I’m saying they don’t want a long fight.

1 Like

IBGY, the first one, has one path- a narrow choke that has a tower, many NPCs, LTs all protecting it- plus of course the benefit of considerably faster reinforcements than SHGY gets Alliance.

Horde also get the benefit of having a way out so they can’t be boxed in, which both lets them flank the Alliance offense or go easily to SHGY.

SHGY however rezzes us in a choke, SPGY rezzes us in a choke that Horde surrounds and rains ranged attacks and aoe down upon.

It’s really bad design. It makes it nigh impossible for Alliance to take even the first objective without coordination, while making it very easy for Horde to take the first objective, and once SHGY is taken without Alliance having either SFGY/IBGY there’s no chance of an offence happening.

I have never seen Alliance get past SHGY in that scenario, at least not unlike Horde fully has SPGY and is on taking the AS, which means the game is over anyway.

It’s extremely easy to be taken back, because it’s easy to assault due to both having faster and more reinforcements for Horde, and giving a lot of maneuverability in the Horde approach to prevent total choking. Compared to SHGY, which takes Alliance reinforcements far longer to reach, and Alliance has to go up a choke point which is very easy to defend- it’s about as difficult for Alliance to take back SHGY as it is to take IBGY for them to begin with.

No, alliance are not going to queue into a BG where they themselves have no quick way to HPH that is better than WSG/AB, which would require horde to literally throw games.
Nobody, especially blizzard, is swayed by your tears about the map. Well, beyond the other perpetual saltines in here.
You wanted 1.12 AV. Enjoy it.

I never claimed to speak for all horde.

We’ll see how high your flood of salt will get due to the version of AV you yourself almost solely lobbied for, while the vast majority wanted the early version and predicted just how bad this version would suck.
Enjoy it. You wanted it. Perhaps you should take the advice you continually gave to those who did not want to see it be a race. Embrace your own history of advice for AV 1.12.
You ordered this meal, eat up, zyrius.

1 Like

I thought you guys won AV because of skill and not map imbalance? If that is true why are you losing the other bgs?

1 Like

Alliance get fine hph when both sides zerg. Just like horde do, Horde would get more honor with ~50% win rate and fast queues than they do now. Sadly horde get to decide the overall strat thanks to the map.

Oh, I am enjoying all the salty tears from horde who wonder why they can’t have a 100% win rate and quick queue times.

Sorry horde that’s on you, enjoy :slight_smile: