So horde , did you get what you wanted?

There was. Blizz patched the workaround in record speed. You would have thought their jobs depended on it. Ive never seen something addressed so fast. Its like they themselves were in the discord when it was discovered because I got maybe one game in and it was hotfixed.

It really lets us know that if they care about an issue, they have the resources to address it quickly. So Im hoping the TBC launch is primarily problem free. I expect no excuses.

4 Likes

It show that Blizz is still officially 100% horde biased because there are more dedicated horde players than alliance. I want to unsub just thinking about how alliance advantages are changed, hard coded out of the game when they were in vanilla, or bugs that give alliance advantages like paladin reckoning get HOTFIX IMMEDIETLY! but the old shaman can still get double crits using the same batching bugs and we are suppose to pretend that is working as intended.

6 Likes

I mean… i don’t trust Blizzard at all with legacy servers after seeing how this panned out.

I’m expecting the nerfed versions of TBC raids :rofl:

Were highly exaggerated. I haven’t met a single person, among everyone I’ve talked with, that had that happen to them. I’m sure it did happen but it just wasn’t that common.

It was probably one of those things that people parroted on the forums to make their point.

4 Likes

It’s basically something Horde have been saying for months, along with all the others lies they told about why the changes would be good for Alliance. Including how it’d bring participation up, how pugs would start winning more, how the BG would become balanced if Blizz made changes, etc…

Everything Horde said was a lie, and now they’re trying to convince Alliance it’d be in their best interest to get rid of premades in WSG/AB since Horde players can’t manage to make enough friends to premade (despite having a massive numbers advantage on almost every pvp server).

I’m sure if Blizz caves to that in a month Horde will be talking about how it was really Alliance that wanted premades in WSG/AB gone. All they do is regurgitate and repeat each others BS until they think its true and lie through their teeth.

6 Likes

If you want to play battle of the bean counter, then why is alliance never able to hold a GY? When the fight is at an alliance GY, they literally revive right there. It’s the same 10 slots per GY. Horde one is miles away. Alliance one is right next to the fight. Alliance still lose. This is what your number crunching cannot explain, nor anyone blaming the map.

The real problem is that the alliance raid is always wiped out by the horde. It doesn’t matter where the fight is. Pick anywhere you like. Even when the alliance revive right next to the fight while horde revives miles away; alliance still lose. I’ve regularly seen them wiped at every place they’ve tried to fight. The best they can ever do is a stalemate until the ice lord shows up.

The alliance are losing because they lose (a complicated concept I know). Let me put it this way. They’re losing the matches because they lose the fights. Follow the logic. If you can’t win any fights, then you can’t have an offense. If you can’t have an offense, then you’ll never kill the enemy general. If you can’t do that, then you’ll never win a match. The entire chain depends upon your raid’s ability to wipe out the enemy raid. The horde raid does it. The alliance raid does not.

4 Likes

We don’t “wait to get into AV” while we queue WSG and AB.

AV is just a nice 10k honor bump that we get after spending a couple hours doing the good battlegrounds, which is why Horde still gets good players who try to win in AV. We give up literally nothing by being in queue for AV while we do the other BGs, and if we have a good group going, we often just drop our AV queue when it pops.

I’m not sure why you guys care so much about AV, it’s by far the worst BG and having it not be the most efficient BG to grind hph is the best thing that could have happened to the pvp meta. Now people have to actually fight each other to rank up in the two good BGs.

6 Likes

You must be new to AV.

Do you how many battles I have been in where it just goes back and forth between IBGY and SHGY? You act as if you just show up and SHGY falls.

I guess when you want to ignore actual data you can but pick the data presented to make it in your favor. Alliance can’t hold SHGY for long while trying to attack another GY, news flash bud, we can’t win standing at SHGY all game.

Stand behind this imaginary superiority complex you have, horde aren’t better. It’s the same people playing the game on both sides.

Funny I don’t see Alliance asking to balance WSG or AB map? Wonder why?

Let’s see horde win a 60 vs 20. Again keep hiding behind actual data but only present your opinion as facts.

5 Likes

And we can’t hold IBGY for long if we are trying to attack another GY. We don’t win games if we sit at either GY all game either.

We win the team fights because our team is composed of mostly level 60s who aren’t afk or in pve specs. Your team loses because every serious Alliance ranker immediately stopped queuing for AV when they lost the ability to guarantee that they would be in a premade vs pug game, and now the only Alliance players in AV are sub 60, afk bots, or fresh 60 pve players who just want to farm rep for the gear and then never queue again.

Of course your offensives will fail when half of your team is on a 60% mount and has under 3k hp. It’s actually amazing that you guys even manage to stall the Horde team at all with teams like that.

3 Likes

Strategies with AVs naturally change over time. First it was the pre-mades, then it was Horde hearthing to stop the pre-made rush which worked like 40% of the time, pre-mades gone, now its the Horde being able to take SHGY and push the ally back. Lately I’ve been seening some ally teams go right side then to IBGY and forcing horde to defend and push back to FW then to base. Im sure ally gonna figure something out thats gonna make it more even. I haven’t even seen Ivus once…maybe soon.

It was incredibly common for the first couple of weeks. I do not disagree that it may have been exaggerated on the forums, as that tends to be the case on the forums with everything, but that doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

Perhaps my perspective is biased, as I was on an Alliance toon, and in premades when AV hit.

1 Like

Horde got what they wanted: AV.

Alliance got AB and WSG instead.

1 Like

Of course Horde got what they wanted. They wouldn’t have rolled Horde if they wanted to work for their victories.

You roll Horde if you want game design to carry you.
You roll Alliance if you want to win as an underdog.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s the fact that alliance GYs are set up so that it’s easier to pin them in the gy while horde gys have other escape routes. I mean if we could herd horde into an inescapable cove at IBGY and snare/slow them, we’d stand a better chance of taking it too.

3 Likes

Its more like ‘righteous gratification.’ All through the early phases I kept hearing how all the problems like queue times were my fault because I chose horde. Having played max level horde and alliance in the past I just think horde is a cooler (orc and undead are BA!) and always wanted an orc warrior. Because of this I have been accused of ‘following the meta’, ‘only playing horde for op racials’, and ‘following streamers’ (I don’t watch streams and don’t know their names.) My simple aesthetic choice is apparently responsible for a majority of the faction problems and even in this thread Alliance have said that we deserve everything we get for choosing horde.

Well shoe is on the other hand here. It is Alliances fault for choosing alliance that that they lose AV. Everyone knew long ago that there is a map imbalance and still people chose to play ally and chose to play AV. They are getting what they deserve for making that choice.

I am happy that they broke up the premades. Horde didn’t make that choice, blizzard did. One faction got to have premades, the other didn’t and that was not by design. An over sight was corrected, and exploit fixed. Nothing more.

2 Likes

Id be way happier with a 50% win rate, 30 min queues and fun and competitive games.

3 Likes

the best match of AV i’ve had so far as alliance our team communicated and worked well together, people were going where the leader was telling them and there was no negativity. we got tons of rep.

we didn’t capture a single tower.

1 Like

I, and many friends, were on alliance and mostly pugging it. I got into a decent number of premade AV and looked forward to that because people actually worked as a unit and got stuff done.

It never seemed anywhere as toxic as most people were saying in the forums. Yeah you had less choice about what was going on in the BG but that’s a good thing, they were focused instead of random. Once in a while you’d run into a leader on a power trip but I never personally saw or heard of someone getting reported out.

Of course it did happen at times but I think the amount was greatly exaggerated on the forums.

That’s why I try to avoid the blame game against other players unless it’s pretty definite that one person did something.

People optimize their play to their own personal wants, likes, and needs. Because of this we can’t expect a group of individuals to organize to fit long-term, meaningful goals. It takes someone with actual power and influence to direct the masses.

In this case that really means Blizzard because we aren’t given many tools in game to do this. It might happen with a powerful guild, running raids and PVP and metering out stuff to people. But that link is tenuous at best. Same goes for someone who creates a trade monopoly but those are usually very specific and rare.

So it’s Blizzard who leads, or fails to lead. They could guide stuff like AV, buffing or nerfing things, moving things, creating interesting scenarios in a BG. Then each side might do better in one or another for a while. But no, Blizzard is content to release one version and let the tyranny of the masses prevail. Damned be the fun, let it degenerate until no one wants it anymore.

1 Like

I already covered the fact that horde play other BG’s while waiting for AV, you must’ve hit reply before reading my next post right under my first. No matter what you do while in queue though, it doesn’t change the fact that waiting is waiting. I also don’t care about AV, I got exalted in 4 days of it’s release, which I guess makes your entire post pointless since it was a response to me about how I pointed out your guys queue time.