So... DBM crew is done

Way to be “that guy”…

1 Like

Time to burn it all down.

Sell off the IPs and start over.

Except that DBM runs on donations. He doesn’t get a wage from Blizzard or anything based on the game’s population.

People not donating to him =/= Game dying.

1 Like

Demand is literally down.

How is that not an indication that the game is dying?

1 Like

Talk about a nugget brain.

2 Likes

Sounds like the DBM creator was going to ditch the addon – until he realized he wouldn’t have people sticking around on his Patreon, then.

1 Like

Or people are just not donating? I mean if a charity runs an event to raise funds does that means the charity is dying?

2 Likes

If they get no donations sure.

1 Like

Except every charity runs off donation drives…

Again, he runs on donations.

Not a wage based on demand.

You’re trying to conflate a lack of donations with game activity. They are not linked. That’s like trying to link twitch stream subs to a game activity. Maybe people couldn’t afford to keep donating because they lost their main source of income (a lot of people lost their jobs thanks to the pandemic or voluntarily quit because they were tired of abysmal work conditions). Maybe people had life expenses catch up to them, like taking care of children etc. Maybe people just didn’t feel like spending money on an addon anymore.

There are any number of reasons why an addon author’s donations might drop, none of which have anything to do with the game.

4 Likes

Except we’re not talking about charity here.

Before I ignore you, I just point out that it is impossible as blizzard has put Boss talk and markings for you to KNOW what it will be done since first launched the game, as copying from any number of games before it which had the same thing, coming from old 70s shows in which everyone would yell “Thunder Sword of Phoenix”, or “The claw of the fiery hawk” before using such moves, and after, even the US classic shows.

As always, you should not call other people idiots showing off your own idiocy.

Just sounds like a pile of excuse for an obvious answer.

Game is bad = No demand.

Hence dying conclusion.

3 Likes

Ummm… bwahahahahaha!

Yes, you are. Since this was linked earlier by me.

DBM isn’t nor will it ever go away as long as I draw breath. I always plan to work on it to best of my ability and availability.

7 Likes

the interesting thing is many of these fights are designed with big wigs/dbm in mind. the higher up in dicfficulty you go the more insane the fights get. tons of abilities, tons of movement, a ton of things to keep track of. Its too much

But there were never in game alerts across your screen in Vanilla or early expansions that an ability was incoming. That wasn’t added until later. If people didn’t pay attention to what was being said by a boss or an animation being done, then they had to wait to see what was put on the ground, what adds popped up or what ability pointed where.

Indeed they are.

But still, there’s no real doubt that this game is not in a good state right now. Even that tweet from the DBM people says that’s part of the reason. Less activity = less demand= not much reason to put in the work for an addon very few people will actually use. 9.2 will do very little to fix that either.

The damage has been done. A lot of people are just…gone. We will see more repercussions as time goes on. The game has been on a down hill slide for a long, long time. I would argue that Shadowlands is fast tracking it though. This is probably the first time in forever that I actually do think that the game is truly dying.

2 Likes

There is no reason to say that. You saying this because you reason this to be true. but it is not.