So Blizzard is done adding customization options?

so far only nelfs have been satisfactorily customized. male belfs have half the customizations of female belfs and female belfs only got jewelry and 3 hairstyles. compare that to humans who have 35 hairstyles, 3 face shapes that lets them be 3 different races, 26 eyebrow options, piercings, necklaces, a bunch of new haircolors, make up and many new eyecolors.

The thing that I know is going to happen, that is going to enrage me, is Vulpera are definitely going to get more things than Goblins, even though they are the newcomer wearing the Goblin skeleton.

Blizzard put so much love into Vulpera. Definitely a furry somewhere on the design team.

They aren’t done with Heritage Armor, for some reason they just decided that 9.x.5 patches are when they want to add them. I forget where I saw it but that came straight from Ion I believe.

velfs still cant modify their ears or eyebrows, and have the same haircolors and hairstyles they started with in legion, which was already half of what core races have. we hit the jackpot with skin colors and blue eyecolors, but no blind options or different color options, no makeup or jewelry or headdresses/tiaras. like i said, almost but nope.

1 Like

Ya, this is where my bias shows, because I really hate Velfs for lore and appearance reasons, so my first thought was “good!”.

But, I know that’s how everyone treats Mechagnome and Nightborne, so my spite is misplaced.

I hope to the gods you’re right, because right now some races are severely lacking in options. And I’ve been looking forward to troll heritage armor since heritage armor was first announced, so I would be crushed if they just gave up on it.

I just don’t see them working on a BFA cosmetic system in Shadowlands, when they still haven’t finished the Shadowlands cosmetic options.

Something is going to end up on the cutting room floor. You can only punt and procrastinate so much.

it doesnt seem like procrastination and i’ll tell you why. lets take the case of red dark ranger eyes for blood elves and undead skintones for blood elves. those and purple npc eyes, are in the blood elf folder. all they’d have to do is check mark them to be an option in the customization menu. it’d take 5 minutes, if that.

they have tattooes in the blood elf folder, already designed for demon hunters, so all they’d need to do is tinker the style to look farstrider, check to add to customization. half hour max.

new velf haircolors and hairstyles, are a different thing entirely. that would be time consuming but would make alot of people very happy. same for nightborne, gnome females, etc. time consuming but worth it.

1 Like

I mean, tattoos obviously paste on fine for ANY race, the Dragonrider’s Harness proves that.

This is all stuff we could and should have gotten much earlier, that game is 15 years old, and every other RPG has better customization at launch.

We aren’t getting the cool stuff other games get, like body sliders, at least flesh out our crappy options.

heritage armor may or may not be completed. hopefully, Pandaren gets something similar to shadowpan garb Taren Zhu wore.
as for the customization options, some are disappointing yes but I still enjoy the ones we have. they are planning on a second-round covering the allied races after all so maybe some extra brushing could come to those looked over.
or at least, that’s what I remember correctly. some interviews had that as a question.

1 Like

I think they will say “Pandaren have enough racial themed armor from Pandaria, and Trolls get enough troll themed armor from raids, etc.” and handwave away the need to give other races heritage armor.

I’m definitely leaning too far to the cyncial side, but I’d rather be surprised than disappointed.

best to not have a jaded perspective.

1 Like

The game is 15 years old and on a declining trajectory, can’t help but be jaded. The game is in maintenance mode, it’s profits are being funneled into new games.

Troll beards? No. Anime references? Yes.
-Blizzard (apparently)

Vol’Jin had a beard, Thrall has eyebrows. It’s an unwritten rule that NPC’s have to look cooler.

i have a theory. they plan on releasing classic burning crusade. my bet is, they start another customization round when tbc is announced and again when its in testing, to keep people who’d play both, playing /looking forward to both tbc and retail.

i disagree. infact, i believe this game is in a climb but to each there own. maybe im a optimist.

you may be right, you may be wrong. idk.

personally, and without any proof for or against, I tihnk they’ll release new customization options and heritage armor in future patches. lets hope tauren (high mountain and regular) get some new face options. females only get four. don’t know about males. i only have one male toon.

I mean, It’s gone from awesome in Legion to terrible in BFA, to what looks to be mediocre in Shadowlands.

So short term it’s on the uptrend, but in the long run, it’s gotten worse.

But it’s not hard to make an xpac better than BFA, every other xpac including WOD was better.

Trust me, I do as well. I may sound bitter but I’m really annoyed at how much the void elves got when this round was supposed to be for the primary races first and foremost. Can’t help myself from just being frustrated.

1 Like