So Blizzard are not pulling the ripcord

I don’t know. Why did you make fun of him though? I guess it calls for some self-reflection on your part.

You can keep ignoring my responses, but I never said I’m a minmaxer. Because picking the right talents isn’t minmaxing, it’s called trying to improve. And covenant abilities and souldbinds fall into that category. For me, being optimal is the right talents, (in Shadowlands) the right covenant ability and soulbinds and my rotation. Gearing is just an added bonus.

2 Likes

Oh, you have a special definition of optimal.

Ok so don’t pretend you need to be optimal to do the content you do. My guild is farming aotc every week with 10 dead players on the group, it is clearly not a hard fight if you can do it with half a roster.

And so do I and I’m not and will never be optimal at anything.

PLAYERS WANT CHOICE!

ok pick

DONT MAKE ME CHOOSE!

3 Likes

Uh oh you’re making fun of him again. I thought you’d learnt from your earlier endeavor? FYI, different people try to be optimal in their own ways, so it differs from person to person.

1 Like

What you’re doing is telling me how I need to play the game. Quite hypocritical, since that has been the argument of your side from the start.

No, I’m telling you that you are complaining about a made up problem that doesn’t affect you.

1 Like

How does covenant unlocking negatively affect you? Please explain.

it doesnt, the whole argument ive seen against unlocking is either im too lazy/dumb to properly optimize or lol @ minmaxers

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

last time that happened they put diablo devs onto wow and things got worse

1 Like

Maybe they have an alt, or maybe it’s just that they are optimised as much as they can be for the heroic raiding they are doing and the gear they have been able to get because they certainly don’t do M+.

Some people, especially these two monks, will ignore anything they can to get their own point across.

Min maxing and being optimised is not about running all the content to get the best gear you can, but about using what gear you have to give yourself the best chance to perform at the highest level you want to perform at.

It’s hilarious how hard you shill. Rather than just letting people play the game how they want. Covenants should be cosmetics and story just like Netherwing rep. There certainly wasn’t a lack of people doing that just because it didn’t provide a dps increase.

Blizzard has proven time and time again that they can’t balance. They always say no king rules forever, but warlocks were gods in legion and damn good in bfa too outside m+.

2 Likes

Ok, I can’t dumb it down for you more than I already have, but I’ll try. If you won’t accept MY definition of how I view being optimal for MY character, then let’s forget that word entirely. But what I’ve explained, I have been doing in WoW for a long time and there hasn’t been anything like the current covenant system that prevented me from doing that. You’re telling me what will and won’t affect me, even though the only person you can speak in this situation for is yourself. Sure, it won’t affect my “ability” to clear the content I have, but it will affect my enjoyment and my playstyle. If you can’t respect my way of playing this game, then I have no reason to respect anything you say either.

It turns covenants into “Talent row + transmog” and I think it would be not only boring, but its impossible to be done in this expansion. This is the main feature of the expansion and was announced with great praise from day one, they can’t just go back on it just like that, they would have to redo a large portion of the expansion.

This is not an option.

Thanks for noticing.

I wasn’t aware that I was able to dictate how someone played the game.

I disagree.

No mmorpg is perfectly balanced. Almost no game is perfectly balanced.

so pick one and dont change, unlocking still wouldnt affect you

1 Like

Don’t worry, you can still stan for a new dev team.

Classes are in the game from day one. You were never able to be optimal at everything at the same time, and if you were, that would be seen as a clearly op class that needs to be nerfed.

The only reason your enjoyment will be hindered is because of your obsession with the system nothing else. If you just swallow your pride, admit that you are wrong and play the expansion normally you will have a great time. If you are just going to play the expansion searching for things to complain about, I’m certain that you will find them and you will be very angry all the time.

I play the game the same way as you do, I’m just saying you will not be affected if you don’t want to.

What?

Lolwhat?

These are your only arguments to support your PoV? Good god, that’s pitiful. The whole point behind making covenants meaningful from the start was to untie player power from them and have them just be centered around two things:
STORY
COSMETICS

None of which is game breaking or boring.

So the only reason you want other people to suffer is so that the game isn’t boring for you. That’s about as selfish as anyone can get. And yet you have the galls to call others that. Thanks for showing us your true colors.

1 Like