So Blizzard are not pulling the ripcord

Can they at least give us no restrictions on sorting our conduits? One week seems excessive not only for min maxing, but just for the standard today I am doing M+, tomorrow raiding and if I set my DPS conduits to AOE for M+ I will certainly be penalised in raid.

I get it that they want class and lore identity and all that, but at the same time I don’t want to go into my guilds raid and pull 20% less DPS than the next lowest just because I am setup for M+ rather than raiding. It will for sure get to a point players are going to be left behind with no option to do one or the other as guilds look at progressing.

Even right now my guild, even weeks before the end of BfA, we still require a minimum DPS to be hit in order to jump into raiding and even now some players have to be left behind when we get stuck on a boss because they are just not setup correctly, or they are running and alt and did not get the correct essences , AZ and corruption for raiding as that is not what they primarily do.

This more than anything. Imagine if they locked our class talent choices behind a week long CD.

10 Likes

agreed. id love it for this expansion to not end up like a BFA 2.0 where we have to wait for patches until these things are fixed.

14 Likes

Yeah, atleast change the soulbind cooldown. That will for sure fix a lot of the problems that are covenants. It mostly effects hybrid classes too.

1 Like

At least with BfA we were only limited by our neck level and how much gold we had, now you can only unlock one of the three followers at X renown, and than Y levels of conduits at X renown, so if we choose wrong before we get the second follower we are stuck wrong with no way of changing for an entire week. Being limited on an already limited system is a lot worse than BfA.

2 Likes

It doesn’t actually matter what you choose unless you’re pushing for progression in the higher keys and Heroic raids or higher.

You will be fine regardless of your choice.

But I’d rather nerf the conduit cooldown to maybe 2-3 days. 1 week tradeoff from a simple gold price to change in BfA it is a little excessive.

3 Likes

This is one decision that makes me very cranky. Your soulbinds are already restricted to the Covenants, they’re freaking Covenant Talent Trees, treat them like it.

4 Likes

im simi hardcore / casual but i still see this system as hurting us more then anything.
i want to do multiple things at peak preformance. not pigeon held into one for a whole week.

3 Likes

Generally there’s only two things you need to worry about when it comes to content.

An AoE/Dungeon build and a Single Target/Raiding build.

My plan is to pick the AoE/dungeons for the purposes of clearing out Torghast, Dungeons, Open World content, etc.

Then on the backside of 9.0 switch to the ST/Raiding side of things to get raid progress.

You just need a game plan before going into it. You’ll be fine.

Most cases ST builds also double as a PvP build. Most cases.

1 Like

I really don’t think there’s going to be that kind of variance where you’re incapable of doing both at the same time.

1 Like

Idk what you’re implying but this is what we have to live with now.

1 Like

Doing both and being good at both are different stories. There are some ridiculous conduits that increase your AOE or ST by a fairly large margin that it’s pretty obvious Blizzard are trying to pigeon hole us into a specific class, spec, role and content type that was more in line with how it was back in Classic.

And what Triksi said is exactly how it was back in the day. Start with levelling, once that is done you spec for dungeons and once you have sufficient gear you spec for raids and never look back until the next raid comes out and if you are not geared enough, you spec back to dungeons until you are.

That mentality does NOTHING now considering gear from M+ is better than heroic raids just with dungeon drops, add the end of week cache and you can gear mythic raids without raiding.

Add in players who want to gear optimally and they are going to want to raid and do M+. Further add the PVP vendor and players who are really pushing are going to want to PVP, but, you just can’t do all that.

Your optimal conduit setup for PVP won’t work as well in PVE, your M+ setup won’t work as well in raids, and your raid setup will certainly never work in a competitive PVP setup.

Hey it’s blizzard they want to make having fun with their game as hard as possible. It’s kind of their thing.

2 Likes

Not really (though I understand your reasoning). Even I’m casual I don’t want to underperform at my level/skills. It’s like changing azerite gear. As a resto druid main, can I run world content or low level dungeon with healer gear as a moonkin? Sure I can. But I don’t like the feeling that I’m doing less damage no matter what content I run. So I either respec by spending gold or have lower leveled dps gear.

Covenant is just worse as it’s more punishing for switching. These type of friction are just bad. What’s the benefit of this?

Problem is this situation you laid out isn’t a Covenant thing, it’s a spec thing, something you can change at will at any time (for free), and your Covenant ability will change to accomodate your dps spec.

Healer gear sometimes isn’t optimized for a caster dps, but that’s okay, the difference is very minimal. Being a boomy offspec with healer gear isn’t a big thing for casuals to worry about, it’s still viable - that’s what’s most important.

1 Like

Ironically, they’ve created yet another heavily spec-focused system instead.

1 Like

Actually the conduits you choose for X spec stay for X spec even when you respec, the entire conduit system is locked into what you set for a week.

2 Likes

They probably want to test the community tbh.

• LFR does not require min/maxing.
  • Normal raiding does not require min/maxing.
  • Heroic raiding does not require min/maxing.
  • The first few bosses in mythic raids at the start of the tier does not require min/maxing.
  • Normal dungeons do not require min/maxing.
  • Heroic dungeons do not require min/maxing.
  • Keys around 15’ish do not require min/maxing.

Nearly all of the content in this game, aside from world first contenders, do not require the min/maxing that players like to pretend they are required to partake in.

13 Likes

You mean the same way they tested us for AZ traits? Yeh that didn’t work well. We told them it won’t work, beta came out, we told them it won’t work, 8.0 came out, we told them it is not working, and it never worked until the AZ vendor came out and by than players were already amassing 2-3 sets of gear and it wasn’t even really needed.

It won’t be any better now, worse if you think about it.

Ya but now they know how far they can push you lol.