So Blizzard are not pulling the ripcord

You two Pandas keep saying “you don’t have to” and “you’re not required to”. Did it ever occur to you that maybe some people (and not only min/maxing, hardcore, ultra nolife Mythic raiders) don’t want to be sub-optimal? That some people actually ENJOY making the best build, trying to get the best gear (for their type of content, me for example I’m satisfied with Heroic raiding) and trying to output as much DPS/heals as possible, because it’s fun for them?

3 Likes

Are you one of those players? If you are it is not on this character. You still have 465 azerite pieces. Sorry but I never saw this fabled optimal player outside of youtube, and probably never will.

1 Like

As I said, being optimal for me isn’t having Mythic gear. Also, I never gear beyond what I need to get AOTC on the last raid, since there’s really no point to it. I enjoy going to Icy Veins on Wowhead and reading up on my class and what I can do or change to improve it.

Except I don’t watch youtubers or Twich players running keys and raids, I base this on my own experiences from what happens to me in game.

Don’t want and don’t need or two totally different things.

Maybe you should focus more instead of assuming y9ou can do everything you want to any time all of the time?

sssssh logic doesnt apply to these 2

3 Likes

Having 465 gear does not stop you from min maxing. My hunter still runs a low iLVL piece because the traits on it mean I can hit harder than a higher iLVL piece.

Like how my druid has a 455 trinket for my balance spec because it hits harder than my 465 trinket. iLVL is not the only way to optimise your character and by saying what you said shows you don’t even know what it takes to be optimal.

1 Like

So you read the first part, ignored it and said exactly what you always say to respond to this. Do you think everyone is satisfied with the “need” part and just stops trying to improve after that? If there’s room for improvement in some aspect of my gameplay, I’ll take it and nothing until this expansion has ever stopped me from doing that. You all complain how we aren’t willing to compromise, even though a thing as simple as allowing easier soulbind switching is unbearable to you.

This is not correct.

This is a player-created perception.

But for a lot of players they need to in order to do the content they want to do. So for a lot of players the need is the same as the want.

Ok, just go look at his profile and tell me if that could even remotely be considered a player trying o minmax. He clearly just did what he wanted to do and stopped playing.

And I’m not ripping on him or anything, I did the same thing, I have 2 460 pieces that are a pain to upgrade, and I just stopped trying.

So you’re going to completely ignore my response? Having the talents/azerite pieces best for the content you’re clearing isn’t the extreme min/maxing you’re making it seem. I won’t explain to you the whole thing again, you’re welcome to read my previous response.

In summary you may want be optimal (but I really doubt you do), but you don’t need to be optimal to do almost anything in this game.

“I’m not ripping on him but I’m going to make fun of him by saying he still has 465 azerite pieces in an effort to discredit his play style and pretend like those two aren’t the same thing so I don’t look like a jerk.”

Fixed it for you :heart:

3 Likes

Lets play the game when it launches and see how it feels.

people said the same thing about artifact power, legendaries, azerite gear, and now covenants

As of right now, given the Ion update, this would be the biggest change to relieve pressure. Especially for healers and hybrids.

Why would I make fun of someone that is doing the same thing I’m doing? I’m just pointing out he is not a minmaxer, so he is fighting for someone else’s problem.

It’s their hill to die on. The best thing for the game will be enough sub losses to get this dev team replaced.

1 Like