So Blizzard are not pulling the ripcord

So our chances might be Overwatch devs or borrowed power 4.0? Ouch

And who praised it? Blizzard did, and of course they are, they want to get as many players on it as they can, but that didn’t happen and there are more players now who want it changed than not.

At the very least if you cannot even see the issue with keeping soulbinds locked weekly than you are most likely a single spec player. And after looking at your raider page I see that is true, you do nothing but heal so you would never see why covenants and soulbinds are an issue.

For you the only issue is to find what covenant and soulbind works best for a healing monk. You don’t have to worry about swapping to another role so you have no need to find the right covenant or soulbind setup for the content you are doing in another spec.

1 Like

Lol warlords was announced with great praise too. Also I don’t remember anyone praising the covenant system when they announced how it was going to actually work. If you actually believe that you have your head shoved in the sand.

2 Likes

As I said, forget the word optimal since we clearly view it differently. I don’t want to have the best class, the best gear possible and be the best in every single aspect of the game. I never said that. I picked a Mage, I have always been a Mage and I always will be a Mage. No matter the flaws with the class, I’ll do what I can to improve.

You’re not willing to understand my point of view, so any opinion that is contradicting yours is “wrong, complaining, whining”. People have opinions, people will share feedback. It’s called free thinking, you should try it some time.

You can’t play the game the same way as I do, because you’re not me. You’re not trying to understand how I play the game and you’re basing this on a quick glance at my gear.

Almost everyone, the wave of backlash started after people were playing the alpha, aka too late. Covenants were announced a looooong time ago.

I also have a druid with 4 specs and an arcane mage.

the fact you play a druid and dont see why the ability to switch freely is necessary just makes me lol

1 Like

So the backlash started as soon as people got to actually use the system, vs hearing the devs talk about how great the system was going to be.

careful, logic is anathema to this panda

Well than I have very bad news for you, you won’t be able to swap to all 4 specs in SL without some restrictions since each soulbind is locked for a week to the spec you last reset it to.

And if you cannot see a problem with a week long soulbind reset that will potentially lock out one of your druid specs at some point during the week than I don’t even know what to say.

“I’m fine with not switching specs, so everyone will automatically be fine with it too”

Have a snickers angry anonymous internet person. You’re a bit grumpy this morning.

World of Warcraft Is a game played by 8 yr olds and 80 yr olds. Playing is a choice. Quitting is always an option. Don’t let it make you so angry. It’s not real life.

Oh they will be having problems when it all hits and they finally realise what we have been saying is actually true and a problem. I fear that some people who praise this or don’t see an issue don’t fully understand the issues we are trying to raise.

Like for any druid who currently runs all 4 specs, that is a pipe dream at the moment since once I start respeccing soulbinds, if I do all 3 within a week I am basically f’d for my fourth spec until the reset is up.

And if I decide to PVP, than I need to respec for that, oh wait, I can’t, they are locked. It’s stupid.

i like the quote cutoff, ruins how i was using that as an example of whats going to happen in the current system.

Wait until the rio haters find out that people aren’t inviting them for their covenant cho…
…never mind, they will still be blaming rio for everything anyway.

Sounds like you know the rules. Games have rules. Now it’s up to you to maximize your character with those rules in mind. Everyone else is bound by the same restrictions, so don’t feel like you’re being picked on.

One ability won’t make or break your character. There are spells and abilities and all sorts of ways to customize and progress your character. You’ll be fine. It’s a game. Have fun.

Well said!

you honestly think only the 1% is going to filter bad covenant choices? ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

oh wait you are serious, let me laugh harder AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Looking back over BfA, azerite was absolutely not a big issue to me. I had issues that had nothing to do with the complaining on the forums:

• RNG at all costs and no currency system to gear up

• endless reputation grinding (mechagrind) for alts to get essential essences to do M+

• currency grinding (vessels) and complete destruction of guild mojo by making them near impossible to do as a group effectively

• even when they did currency systems, they lock stuff behind time-gates (like my new druid tank will not even get Twilight Devastation until the last week of this patch at best) which only served to make the game less fun

Right now - none of my mains or alts have any problem with Azerite or Artifact Power - not even a little problem. The BfA problems were something else. So, it is highly possible covenants won’t be the big problem because, well, history has shown the community to be completely and utterly wrong before.

Druids and demon hunters are certainly worth a conversation, where demon hunters get a free soulbind and druids don’t have enough. But that’s not sufficient to burn down the whole system.

I think you need a chill pill all i said is well said get a grip.I always make my own group anyways so not sure how this applys to me at all.