So Blizzard are not pulling the ripcord

And this right here is the attitude that luckily is not shared by everyone in the community. Because if it was, there would be no feedback and we would play WoW EXACTLY as Blizzard intended. Endless grinds, RNG around every corner, bad class design, broken systems, etc.

3 Likes

Welcome to the anti-ripcorders in general.

Though I wonder how they’ll spin it when Blizzard inevitably backflips.

1 Like

You already do. This isn’t a sandbox game. We have very linear activities to participate in.

Thanks for trying to dodge it, as usual. Keep acting like the exact definition of this while also claiming that you’re out to discuss opinions:
https://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/015968.html

Additionally, since you’ve now decided that you’re not out to fight for this system, try not to bash people for voicing their complaints about it. Because there’s only so much hypocrisy that can be taken from one person.

1 Like

Well that is their choice, but I hope they’re not surprised when people actually pull the ripcord on their accounts and unsub.

we gave blizz months of feedback telling them that we did not want this system. they ignored it and decided not to pull the ripcord like we told them too. at this point it’s clear what must happen we must vote with our wallets.

ffxiv just gained a ton of new subs

1 Like

Hardcore Blizzard supporter: You guys want us to play the game your way, you’re not even willing to make compromises!

Person with opinions: We should switch covenants if we want to, it doesn’t affect you at all.

Hardcore Blizzard supporter: No.

Person with opinions: Ok, but can we at least agree player power shouldn’t be tied to it?

Person with opinions: Fine, but can at least the soulbinds within the covenants be easily swappable?

Person with opinions: Why not?

Hardcore Blizzard supporter: Because…

Blizzard whispers: Say meaningful choices.

Hardcore Blizzard supporter: MEANINGFUL CHOICES!

I warned you, dude will dodge everything he cannot make an argument against.

1 Like

Also, Yesuna finally got offended enough that I called out her condescending post about quitting the game so she had to whip out her accounts to report it, lol.

At least for M+15 almost everyone that I encounter are playing with non optimal builds, talents and gear, and they do just fine. I never saw a single player outside of youtube that was optimal at anything they did, this is a fantasy. You are not racing for world first, stop acting like it.

1 Like

That’s something I don’t do here. I don’t bash or make fun of anyone here. If you feel that I am bashing someone then report me and let Blizzard sort it out. I try not to break any rule in the forum code of conduct because I don’t plan to get my account actioned, which is something that you just did with that link. gg though.

If you feel that I spam reported you then submit a ticket. Blizzard knows who reported who, they know what accounts reported and what the IP’s are. I will get actioned for it if I did it.

But lets be honest, you probably got reported for the numerous violations in that post.

If calling you out for hypocrisy and condescension is a violation, I’ll live with it :slight_smile: Just as I know you’ll continue to bash anyone whose opinions don’t fall in line with your own, and dodge every single comment or response that calls out the fallacies in your arguments.

4 Likes

I’m starting to think that’s Ion hiding behind a skirt.

3 Likes

but but some ppl have to do the absolute maximum potential DPS in order kill a boar in elwynn forest

2 Likes

Yes and how many of them are absolute rubbish and fail at what they are trying to do? If your mindset is “Who cares what I build” I have found more players that will play like that and end up pulling things like 20K DPS on a 480 iLVL character and fail at simple stuff because they just don’t care.

I ran with a 479 mage the other day who was not setup correctly and ended up pulling 15K DPS and completely ignoring all mechanics, we did not get past the third boss in UR until I kicked him out of the dungeon and finished with only four players. It was obvious they had the mindset of “Who cares, I have the iLVL, it will do.”

It’s also why things like LFR fail so much, players just see it as a way to get free loot. They don’t build properly, they don’t read up on the fights, they only worry about hitting the minimum iLVL and will even trade gear with someone so their iLVL inflates and allows them to get in.

And if more and more players do this with covenants it will be seen as a win by Blizzard because no one will care, no one will pass on feedback and nothing will ever get changed and than the players who do care will dwindle and less and less of us will end up being able to finish M15’s or any form of mythic raiding.

1 Like

Ok, so where are the places that you need to be optimal?

When you are progressing a hard boss you can tune your character to make it easier, just like using a vantus tune.

If you are trying to climb a high portion of the PVP latter, you may need to optimize your character.

If you want to do +25 keys you will probably need to be optimal

Other than that there isn’t anything. This is a made up problem made by youtubers wanting clicks.

2 Likes

Yes, let’s set up another strawman because that’s absolutely not an ignorant rehash.

Got any coherent rebuttals for the other legitimate arguments put up to support the movement?

Well said!

1 Like

youre an idiot if you think its only going to be isolated to mythic raiding and 20+ keys

3 Likes