So, any plans to remove/fix greater pyroblast?

Kinda wanna derail chat for a bit and address the Royal we because people will either agree or disagree to whether gear should be depdenent on PvP; its clear that some people dislike gear factoring into PvP while some others will prefer it.

Even if this is an MMORPG, not everyone will play it to make your character the best geared character. Some will try to make their characters look cool, others will RP, some will like to PvE and/or PvP casually/hardcore/etc.

I picked this game up because I enjoyed the PvP combat a lot, and didn’t care too much about the gear aspects of the game when considering to buy and subscribe to this game; I would overlook the aspects of what gearing was and how to do it purely because I enjoy subtlety and survival gameplay.

With that being said, I absolutely hate how gear impacts this patch, and I cannot customize my trinkets to do big dam evicerates because insta-damage ogcd PvE trinkets (edit) are better for burst, and how corruption will make or break some classes for better or worse.

Now with that derailing out of the way:

GPY

Before haste corruptions were a thing, it’s somewhat ok to be able to shutdown a mage before a gpy was casted, although going up against multiple mages is super obnoxious.

With haste corruptions, I eat a 0.3 sec polymorph after stepkicking shimmer gpy at the last milisecond only to watch 2-3 gpys land on a healer in a full poly.

Thankfully, the sland nerf to it will address it from being obnoxiously spam casted, and will be used to setup burst rather than pure damage.

3 Likes

You are correct. Obviously I am the person that loses sleep at night because I need +1 Mastery or 1 more gem socket. Twinking is the most fun aspect of the game. Getting complete BiS and completing a build.

Yea gearing in BFA has a lot of issues and that also goes into class design as well. Some specs exponentially scale out of control with Azerite, Corruption and Essences. Some don’t and that goes into the class design problems that need fixing.

For myself when the idea of % ability left the Dev room it became a problem. I knew they would make more abilities and the game would be even more unbalanced with shallow class design. % abilities are lazy design and the Devs know it. Building something that creates awesome synergy requires work and thought to give the players immersive gameplay.

You obviously didn’t read what I typed in the thread why do we play BGs.

A lot of things contribute to great PvP. Such as gear, builds, customization, class design, dueling, WPvP, BGs etc…etc… A specific BG having a faction one sided win% is specific to that BG and does not dictate whether PvP is actually fun or great.

No it’s really not that popular now. Was popular for that nostalgia.

Royal we

In regards to corruption as a whole, it’s dumb and I don’t like it.

In regards to Gpy, I have no idea what their initial thoughts and concepts were behind gpy and probably won’t be able to ascertain what it was; it could be lazy or thoughtful. For example, maybe they didn’t want gpy to hit hard like chaos bolt, so they cap it at fixed damage so that it’s neither op nor weak. They could scale it so that it heavily diminishes on intellect so that it’d always hit a fixed damage point, but at that point, why not give it % damage. Blizzard is highly likely to be thinking of something different entirely when designing gpy (unless there’s something somewhere linking why they made gpy).

I’m fairly neutral about gpy (in the context that corruption doesn’t exist and especially in regards to slands). It’s ultra projected, it’s stoppable, and will have a cooldown attached.

The system itself is probably the worst designed in the history of the game in terms of reward and attainability. With that said BFA PvP wouldn’t of been fun without it. Since it did provide build options and stat stacking.

Most people aren’t. People have been complaining about it since it was introduced. So most people are going to be excited when it is actually gone and replaced with something dynamic.

Heck there is an entire Greater heal thread it’s the same thing where % abilities literally make player vomit in their mouth.

There is nothing new here… These are things that players don’t like. Some might be neutral like you but it’s a deal breaker and many quit the game because of them. Class design needs to be better.

Players don’t want to see these talents in the game anymore. When they are removed the game instantly becomes better. Players will keep complaining about these types of things till the Devs do the right thing. Remove them and have really fun immersive class design.

1 Like

Gheal is pretty different compared to gpy in terms of practicality and usages (imo). While gpy isn’t the main source of damage (90% of the time) from a fire mage, hpriests main heal (outside of aoe healing via hymn pom salvation) will be greater heal in single target. There’s literally no reason to press any heals outside your big cd instant casts, when pumping ST, and it’s really boring and unbalanced imo.

Compared to base 4.5sec gpy, its a base 3.0 sec gheal. Mine w/o gear is around 2.3ish. That post was prob posted in regards to 2s, and that poster and you is pretty much absolutely correct about Greater Heal.

I guess my tl;dr is that Mages don’t have to rely much on gpy as much as hpriests rely on gheal. Also, unlike mages, hpriests have no incentive to ever spec out of gheal because of their base kit.

Oh, I left that bg after u booped my nose.

Idk why u did that, lol.

I think percent abilities have there place when it comes to more utility based abilities such as necrotic strike where expansion scaling might cause it to get to be too powerful.

gpyro is not one of those abilities, it’s a straight damage ability. Straight damage abilities (especially high damage ones) should have some level of player input dictating how successful it is, otherwise it not only leaves no control for a players choices to effect it, but it gets rid of the advantage for it to be more successful than another players choices, or even for each player to have their own completely different advantages with the spell. Gpyro leaves no varying choices, such as using items in combination with it or crit, mastery, talents etc. No matter what the choices, strategies, or skill level of a player is, it’s a guaranteed 35% damage, which is not only boring but bad design for pure damage abilities.

To be fair though, damaging corruptions are far more noob friendly and unhealthy for the game than anything gpyro could ever do.

I was still laughing after we both mounted up and sidestrafed each other from across the map, I couldn’t bring myself to attack you after that :stuck_out_tongue: Plus I have a soft spot for velf mages. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

oh it’s mojojo… yea Id stay away from him :upside_down_face:

They don’t have a place because they get in the way of the RPG aspect of the game by creating impossible balance issues since the rest of the game has power scaling. It creates impossible balance and counter balance situations. Where X hard counters Y. I am pretty sure people wanted to step away from rock, paper, scissors?

It just needs to be based off stats of the Mage and scale according to gear. However it would be better to just have awesome Mage design instead of a redesigned Gpie.

Speaking of hard counters, I qued into a very good 2200 RBG caster cleave last night and remember those mechanics I was telling you about. Well here is a picture of doing 48 mil healing a new record for me while FCing. The other team was messaging me saying I was a beast and that they didn’t understand what was going on. I kindly explained the mechanics to them. However Gpie, Starsurge and Bolts were breaking upon the Prot Paladins mechanics.

Lets fix Gpie because it’s bad design thanks. Also nerf Destro.

https://imgur.com/a/pSp3w4W

PS- Forum bug so posting on this guy.

Yeaaa, that shouldn’t be a thing from a tank, nor the DPS. Remember when you said remove healing from dps classes? Same should go for a tank.

Sure it should keep in mind mitigation is considered healing. 37 mil healing was from blocking. Also all my talented mitigation shows up as healing. So that was in fact just good ole tanking the damage as the FC.

A tanks role is to provide steady damage and hold the front line. It’s the true hybrid of PvP.

Keep in mind if someone wants to spec a Tank to do pure damage they should be able too. Just as if someone wants to spec a Hpal to be a Dps Shockadin they should be able too.

Mitigation healing is fine. Doing that and the damage is not.

Sure it is keep in mind also since I was playing defensive that half that damage was in fact defensive dmg and also because I was facing Caster Cleave. Just like brambles on a bear tank. All blocks damage the attacker. It’s actually some of the good old design left in the game.

Wish Prot War would get damage shield back from WotLK where you do 20% dmg of your block value. That is really missed.

Nah. Tanks should just be meat shields for their team, and run flags.

1 Like

Wrong. This is the problem with some PvPers. They think you need to play something a certain way and that isn’t how RPGs work. Running flags is boring I rather go all Dps stats as Tank and be a hybrid. Trying to do the most dmg possible with a shield is what is fun about this game or any MMORPG I play.

We won that specific game because of my build hard counters casters (something you didn’t believe). Since all my traits are also offensive it did a healthy amount of dmg which felt good. It’s all about getting KBs as Prot to help your team.

Then you should pick b/w the two. Damage or damage mitigation… not both

It’s not my fault that they were casters and dot specs. There are just hard counters. There should be mitigation that passively does damage and that was an extreme case of it :wink:

The best iteration of Prot ever though was WotLK with Prot War. That was good times. Hoping SL brings some of that back.