So, any plans to remove/fix greater pyroblast?

h ttps://imgur.com/a/A1aA8RU

Mage stacking haste spamming almost exclusively greater pyroblast. Got off 3 in under 5 seconds, 170k each. Times 3. 510k damage from a spell with zero cost, cooldown, and cannot be mitigated by anything.

Glad this is still in the game in shadowlands, the only spell in the game based on % of targets health. You can fix it by either A: removing it or B: Making it based on percentage of CURRENT HEALTH instead of MAXIMUM HEALTH.

I have no clue how this has lasted two expansions but it has reminded me why i stopped PVPing.

13 Likes

It has a 15 sec CD in SL I believe … unless they reverted the change recently .

They didn’t. I’m just still wondering how blizzard thinks a spell like this based on % of health is ok. It doesn’t need a CD, it needs to be removed.

4 Likes

Ideally yes but a 15 sec CD will prevent spamming which is the main issue right now .

2 Likes

Pretty sure Gpy can be mitigated.
It’s damage is just % based. In the same way others are amplified by attack power.

You can monk wall and take 30% (or whatever it is) less damage from the Gpy.

1 Like

Fel lance says hi

Missing the point. The issue is % damage or healing abilities cheapen and ruin the MMORPG aspect of the game. The whole point is character power progression and being excited about upgrades and improving.

This is a 2 fold problem because gear doesn’t make the Mages GPie hit for more which is bad design. A naked mages Gpie hits the same as a fully Epic BiS Mage. That is atrocious.

On the flip side a Gpie hits for more damage of a target with MORE gear since it’s based on % HP. So if you are Epic geared then the worst designed ability in the game hits for more. Again whoever designed this I hope isn’t working for the Devs anymore.

It is bad for WoW or any MMORPG. Gpie needs to be removed because it doesn’t work in this type of game. It feels bad all around for the Mage and any player going against it.

Remove all % based attacks/healing…Make class design feel good.

2 Likes

line of sight much or nah?

1 Like

Line of sight doesn’t fix the worst designed ability in the game. I mentioned it here in the post above so you are missing the point.

If they are going to keep Gpie in the game it needs to scale off spell power. Adding a CD to it doesn’t remove the worst designed ability. The Devs can do better.

3 Likes

whats your view on healing to 100% after 3 bubbles? every class has its thing. by now if you cant avoid it then its a l2p issue.

2 Likes

getting nerfed in shadowlands but slapping a 15sec cd is not enough should be removed just like they should remove greater heal

1 Like

While spaming 32 to 42k hits > 1sec is absurd it still is not as bad as 2 sec G pies. I have personally seen that in arena. 3 in 5 sec is faster than i have seen but i believe its possible.

1 Like

aaay, I know that guy! He is a nasty fire mage in bgs.

It’s a design issues the Devs need to L2D or Learn to Design…

We fix design issues by addressing them to make the game better.

With that said Greater heal is the worst designed heal in the game… I am not sure why attaching the name Greater to an ability has to make it bad for everyone… Hopefully they just scrap the Greater spell idea and design classes better.

1 Like

A cooldown completely nullifies the issue you described in your original post though. A gpie being thrown out once every 15 seconds is most definitely not going to threaten game balance. If that change stands, I’d actually call it an overnerf. A shorter CD would have been fine by me.

It does threaten game balance because of it’s design. It needs to be removed because it breaks the core aspect of the game for an MMORPG. All % abilities like this always screw up game balance. :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, I read your post already. Why a tank main doesn’t enjoy being targeted by percent based abilities shouldn’t be a mystery to anyone.

I don’t think any percent based ability should be a spammable filler like gpie is now but I’m fine with them existing. Fel lance, old thorns, lasso, and SL gpie are all fine by me because they are limited all have really simple counterplay interactions.

5 Likes

You clearly didn’t because you haven’t admitted it’s the worst designed ability in the game and it should be fixed and class design should be better.

You do realize that Gpie doesn’t hurt me right and I hard counter Gpie and Fire mages the best of any spec in the game. What I play and how I hard counter Gpie is irrelevant to the discussion. Since in fact Gpie does ruin class design and the core aspect of the game.

The Devs need to do better and not cheapen the core reason of playing the game. This ability should of never got passed the drawling board much less implemented into the game. It’s time to remove bad design.

The damage an ability does needs to be based OFF OF GEAR. It’s not complicated

1 Like

In life, you may occasionally encounter people who disagree with you. The sooner that you come to terms with that, the sooner we can get your blood pressure back down to an acceptable level.

I think it’s fine for abilities to exist which increase in value based on the opponent’s gear rather than the player’s if these abilities are limited in number, can’t be spammed, and have obvious counterplay like lining/interrupting a long gpie cast or swapping off a target with thorns.

Is there any spec that tanks don’t hard counter? Let’s not pretend that % based spells don’t disparately affect tanks who have larger health pools.

8 Likes

Yes it’s ok to disagree but you are saying something to the fact that… An apocalyptic asteroid hitting the earth causing us to go extinct is fine. It’s obvious that would be bad. Gpie is that asteroid because it is factually BAD game design for an MMORPG… This isn’t an opinion it is fact.

It goes against the core aspect of the game. That is what you aren’t admitting or on the same page about. I would be okay with Gpie hitting harder with a redesign that goes with the core aspect of the game. What is wrong currently with Gpie is the design.

They don’t affect Prot Pal. So as someone that is totally unaffected by Gpie the fact that I want it removed says that I want the game to be better. We want abilities to mesh with the core aspect of World of Warcraft.

Most Gpies hit me between 5-30k damage and if I have wings or seraphim up they are fully absorbed. They tickle at best not to mention I do have 3 immunities to them. I can sit there and tank Gpies all day while waving at the mage. That doesn’t change the fact that it’s a bad designed ability and the Devs need to work on making classes better.

That’s all I am saying and you should want the game to be better and for us to have amazing class design that goes with the core aspect of an RPG type game.

You are wrong. That is like saying it is fine for Wendy’s to sell Whoppers. You don’t go to Wend’y to get a Whopper because Whoppers don’t belong. Just like you most certainly don’t play World of Warcraft to have abilities that don’t belong like Gpie or Greater heal in it either.

They are out of place and need to be removed so the core aspect of the game isn’t ruined. This is common sense and the Devs need to do better to keep the core design of World of Warcraft intact. These bad idea they implemented are just that… bad ideas and have no place in this game. I have faith they can remove them and make class design better. They should want to.