So, any plans to remove/fix greater pyroblast?

oh it’s mojojo… yea Id stay away from him :upside_down_face:

They don’t have a place because they get in the way of the RPG aspect of the game by creating impossible balance issues since the rest of the game has power scaling. It creates impossible balance and counter balance situations. Where X hard counters Y. I am pretty sure people wanted to step away from rock, paper, scissors?

It just needs to be based off stats of the Mage and scale according to gear. However it would be better to just have awesome Mage design instead of a redesigned Gpie.

Speaking of hard counters, I qued into a very good 2200 RBG caster cleave last night and remember those mechanics I was telling you about. Well here is a picture of doing 48 mil healing a new record for me while FCing. The other team was messaging me saying I was a beast and that they didn’t understand what was going on. I kindly explained the mechanics to them. However Gpie, Starsurge and Bolts were breaking upon the Prot Paladins mechanics.

Lets fix Gpie because it’s bad design thanks. Also nerf Destro.

https://imgur.com/a/pSp3w4W

PS- Forum bug so posting on this guy.

Yeaaa, that shouldn’t be a thing from a tank, nor the DPS. Remember when you said remove healing from dps classes? Same should go for a tank.

Sure it should keep in mind mitigation is considered healing. 37 mil healing was from blocking. Also all my talented mitigation shows up as healing. So that was in fact just good ole tanking the damage as the FC.

A tanks role is to provide steady damage and hold the front line. It’s the true hybrid of PvP.

Keep in mind if someone wants to spec a Tank to do pure damage they should be able too. Just as if someone wants to spec a Hpal to be a Dps Shockadin they should be able too.

Mitigation healing is fine. Doing that and the damage is not.

Sure it is keep in mind also since I was playing defensive that half that damage was in fact defensive dmg and also because I was facing Caster Cleave. Just like brambles on a bear tank. All blocks damage the attacker. It’s actually some of the good old design left in the game.

Wish Prot War would get damage shield back from WotLK where you do 20% dmg of your block value. That is really missed.

Nah. Tanks should just be meat shields for their team, and run flags.

1 Like

Wrong. This is the problem with some PvPers. They think you need to play something a certain way and that isn’t how RPGs work. Running flags is boring I rather go all Dps stats as Tank and be a hybrid. Trying to do the most dmg possible with a shield is what is fun about this game or any MMORPG I play.

We won that specific game because of my build hard counters casters (something you didn’t believe). Since all my traits are also offensive it did a healthy amount of dmg which felt good. It’s all about getting KBs as Prot to help your team.

Then you should pick b/w the two. Damage or damage mitigation… not both

It’s not my fault that they were casters and dot specs. There are just hard counters. There should be mitigation that passively does damage and that was an extreme case of it :wink:

The best iteration of Prot ever though was WotLK with Prot War. That was good times. Hoping SL brings some of that back.

No there shouldn’t be. That’s called having the best of both worlds, which should not be the case for anyone.

1 Like

Great class design like in TBC/Wrath. It’s okay you disagree but sorry the old expansion design is what I loved. Uniques builds and damage. There has always been a mitigation/passive dmg in the game. That is classic design for Prot/Tanks

Those expansions were good because tons of people were playing then. The game was still somewhat newer. I guarantee a classic version of those expansions wouldn’t be as popular as retail.

What … that would go against his nerf everyone but tank policy !!!

1 Like

Of course they would be more popular because they are vastly better than retail.

So a DPS should be able to spec as a tank too ?

And have best of both worlds ???

I never said nerf everyone but Tanks :rofl: You know Tanks are already severely nerfed in PvP right? They take 50% more damage.

Shd be 75 percent more damage… one shotting tanks. Now that would be fun

1 Like

Read it as, my gear so good. I spent my whole time getting this gear…How could someone hit me for such high damage…

I think percentage damage is fine…needs to be reined in though. Right now it is at a point where mages are spamming gpyros. There are so only so many interrupts.

Nah sorry, it wouldn’t. At first it would be, like Classic.