So 9.1 is gonna be terrible

Genuinely curious, OP: what did you expect?

Patch 2.1 Introduced:
-The Black Temple (a raid)
-Skettis, Ethereum Prison, Nether Drake, Ogri’la, (dailies)
-Class balances
-The Ruins of Lordaeron Arena map
-General fixes to drops, items, etc.

(In fact, a majority of the patch was updating professions, questing QoL (such as accepting Wanted posters while mounted), and other things)
This patch was literally a dailies patch.

Patch 3.1 Introduced:
-Ulduar (a raid)
-The Argent Tournament (dailies, dungeon, and a raid)
-General class, PvP, item, professions balances

So again, it introduced two raids, a dungeon, and dailies.

Patch 4.1 Introduced:
-Zul’gurub and Zul’aman (dungeons)
-Guild challenges and raid finder
-Dungeon finder
-General class, profession, achievements, user interfaces, etc.

This one didn’t even have a raid or dailies, it just gave us the dungeon finder and two new dungeons.

Patch 5.1 Introduced:
-The Pandaren Campaign
-The legendary quest
-The Brawler’s Guild
-General class, pet battle, quest, and other balances

MoP didn’t even give us a dungeon or a raid, just a quest line for the Pandaria Campaign. One could argue the Brawler’s Guild is sort of like a dungeon, so I can concede that point.

Patch 6.1 Introduced:
-The S.E.L.F.I.E Camera
-Twitter Integration

The patch that should never have been called a major patch.

Patch 7.1 Introduced:
-Karazhan (mega dungeon)
-The Nighthold (a raid)
-Trial of Valor (a raid)
-New world quests

So…raid, dungeon, and dailies. Look, we’re back to what we got before!

Patch 8.1 Introduced:
-Battle of Dazar’alor (a raid)
-Warfront
-War campaign

Continuing the trend of the previous expansions.

I guess the point I’m trying to make is: what content do players want to see? We stopped following the general trend that BC and Wrath had for a while, but now we’re back to it – that trend being a new raid and dailies. This has been what WoW has been since the beginning, and I don’t see it changing unless people actually point out WHAT they want.

So OP, I’m genuinely curious -

Patch 9.1 is Introducing:
-A raid
-A mega dungeon
-New dailies
-New zone

Why is it bad, but the other X.1 patches are fine? What is it that people want in a patch? I get being bored, I really do, but I really and genuinely don’t understand what people saw in past expansions that they aren’t seeing here. The biggest issue Shadowlands is facing is how late 9.1 is coming out, and that is a legitimate complaint. Another is that the content isn’t engaging, and that is also appropriate (though I don’t at all remember enjoying the Argent Tournament, Ogri’la, or any of the other daily grinds introduced in past expansions, either).

Complaints like the one in the OP just…I don’t know, I really don’t know, and I guess they don’t either.

8 Likes

My opinion? Okay we will just act like we have idea who these developers are.

Calling it a weeb game is false…It’s a Japanese game made by Japanese developers. You’re using the slang wrong. just fyi.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I feel like this is false, I don’t think a company sets out to do that intentionally. But i don’t own a company so I don’t know, I’m just trying to think of this statement as “logical” and I can’t because a company looking to make money wouldn’t do that

I am utterly convinced that most of the player base would enjoy the game more if the had more perspective. Playing WoW 24/7 isn’t how this game is designed. You don’t HAVE to engage in content you don’t like and if you don’t like the majority of the content then maybe find a new game.

I tried FF for a while to see what all the fuss was about during BFA and for the life of me i just could not like it but i understood that just because the game isn’t for ME does not mean its a bad game.

2 Likes

Many, many, maaaaaany people lack perspective. This is a really good insight into someone that doesn’t just hate to hate; you tried a game, you really gave it an effort, and you couldn’t understand the appeal, BUT you understand it’s just your opinion.

There’s no denying Shadowlands is struggling and having issues. But the reason for that, at least in my subjective opinion, is the content drought more than the content itself. And I kind of wish people would look at it more critically than attempt to just slap the “it bad” label on it and call it a day.

If you choose to stop playing WoW for a few days, weeks, months…good on you? The FF14 lead dev or whoever he is (the Yoshi P. guy) says the same thing about FF14; if you hit a point that you’re done with the content you want to do, then…go take a break? (At least I’ve heard he said something like that, but I don’t have a source so take it with a grain of salt). The world is full of so many amazing games, it’s not necessarily a bad thing to just…unsub from WoW for a while and experience those. You can decide later if you want to return or not.

I never truly got the idea that a game is failing if people aren’t subbed 100% of the time and playing every single day. My sub was paid through the year via getting six of the prepaid cards every year for Christmas, so I usually just put them in when I felt like playing. Now, I just let my 6 month sub renew because I like the option of popping into the game whenever I want. Maybe that’s being bad with my money, but eh, oh well. I haven’t actually played in quite a while, but I like knowing it’s there to play.

Hah, sorry, long winded way of me saying I agree with you, and also that people need to learn breaks =/= game bad (at least, not the sole reason. If it’s WHY you’re taking a break, that’s another story).

2 Likes

On this, i can agree.

When someone says, “I’m not having fun”, that’s all they are obligated to say. Not everyone is equally analytical or understands psychological principles and motivations. And in fact, a lot of the people who do think they’ve got that down are wrong on many points.

When a lot of people are saying, “I’m not having fun” or “I’m bored and don’t feel like logging in anymore,” it’s actually a proper function of the devs to initiate research to determine what the issue is that makes so many people feel like not playing. They’re the ones who have money to lose. And they should have been doing that research prior to beginning design so as not to waste hundreds of millions of dollars on a project that was doomed to be rejected by a big part of the playerbase.

7 Likes

This 100% WoD, BFA, and Shadowlands have been dumpster fires. The majority aren’t happy. Guilds are dying and my bnet friends list of almost 80… with over 40 on at a time during shadowlands launch - to maybe 5 active at most currently.

3 Likes

Then why are you upset?

That stuff is still coming and they are making the Maw not as awful (in large part because it’s getting invaded).

Just seems like a double standard with that comment. If those are the important parts of the game to you the why even care about the Maw dailies/reps? So many patches are introduced with a new rep and new dailies that it’s unsurprising.

Mounting and now eye of the jailor will be huge for people going into the maw. Lots of new mounts there, maybe some new toys, and if we are lucky some gear options in the new rep vendor. Those are things a lot of players want, we probably won’t get good vendor gear but still.

Do you really have to lie just because you don’t like what you’re seeing?

1 Like

Sadly, WoW is not for a great many people lately. My level of enthusiasm for it is dropping by the day, and after 12 years of playing it, that’s not a great sign. I don’t ask for much, personally - just to enjoy the game, have fun, feel that my subscription is well spent. But the fun has been shaved away layer by layer until we are down to the corpse of a great game.

1 Like

Do you really just live on these forums? you reply to every post. Get a life.

You obviously do this all day to get your anger out on other people - I have never seen you post anything positive in the short time I’ve been active on the forums this month.

2 Likes

Why are you deflecting the fact you’re spreading lies? You could have just owned up to it, or even say you didn’t know.

You realize FF14 was actually supposed to cater to the Japanese community right? It has nothing to do with weebs. Actually, calling it a game for weebs is highly offensive to my culture. I am Japanese and Korean. Watch your mouth.

2 Likes

As far as I am aware, we haven’t been told this. What has been announced is: “Unlocking Flying will be achieved by completing the 9.1 Covenant Campaign, with new chapters introduced with that patch.” To quote Wowhead, and the same info is available on other sites.

Certainly there will probably be Renown level unlocks for this but nowhere has it been said that we will have to earn all 40. We may, we may not, but at this time we just don’t know.

Also the final Covenant campaign gets unlocked at Renown 59, about 6 weeks after 9.1 launches.

Is there an official link for that info? I’d like to read it if so, I try to keep up on that sort of stuff as I enjoy getting flight.

I’m looking forward to it tbh, looks fun.

I agree 100% very offensive. 0 respect for other cultures.

1 Like