Slime Cat Change is PURE Greed

I think only a couple times I’ve had to wait an hour for LFR. So a lot of that and pugging experiences likely have to do with time of day to get to play or the day itself.

Even if it’s half that you still need to queue 4 times and then spend time clearing each Wing.

On Tuesday I’m betting we see a plethora of Normal full clears up in the Group Finder just to get the Mount and with the current power creep will be cleared in 2 hours. It’s a no brainer even if you could get the kitty from LFR.

Which makes it ever more confusing why they’d pull it from that mode. Now if they made a mistake with gear, I could see. But this wasn’t even a mistake. Because they put all difficulties on each and every achievement.

Sure and some of those selling runs.

It clearly was a mistake and makes sense given how late we even got patch notes for something coming out in a few days. It could have been an intern or junior who was given the task of writing the text in the Achievement pane for all we know. This whole x-pac has been like this.

Blizz is putting everything into Dragonflight and is basically mailing in Season 4 to stem the bleeding as much as they can.

I mean, I assumed it would be starting at Normal difficulty. So honestly it really wasn’t as clear as you seem to be implying. They definitely could have worded it better though.

It wasn’t clearly a mistake because it’s on several of the achievements. No one makes a typo like that several times.

Literally facts. I’ve been seeing it a lot lately, I’ll even admit I do it myself because its fake raiding and I only want the protoform item. You can still do the handicapped mechanics while just auto attacking. If a wipe were to occur, itd be due to the lfr only players not knowing what mechanics are in the first place.

Sure there is. They want it to be an actual achievement, and not a totally free mount that may as well just arrive in the mail on patch day. LFR is guaranteed victory by design. There’s little point in adding a “reward” for any part of it. Have you ever done LFR Jailer? That fight may as well be a target dummy for how little goes on in the fight.

People didn’t cry about boosts/tokens when the Grovewarden was only from Heroic+ Archimonde, Violet Spellwing was from Heroic+ Argus, and Uncorrupted Voidwing was from Heroic+ N’Zoth. Because it was understood to be a reward for the activity. And by comparison, the Slimesaber going to be even more accessible because you only need to do Normal mode, and for raids that have already previously been cleared (just with new scaling). It just isn’t literally free in LFR.

1 Like

Ah, there’s the morning b o n g cloud take of the day from GD, I was beginning to think we wouldn’t get one this morning.

So, high-end players admit that they are the ones entering LFR to afk and/or auto-attack the boss. Seriously, if you people hate LFR so much, then GFTO out of our raid difficulty and do your own.

Why does it have to be a typo? I really don’t think this was some insidious, last minute change. I think this was just Blizz’s usual sloppiness.

That’s because those were listed as Heroic AOTC from the start. This still has all difficulties on the achievements on the PTR. The only reason we know it’s not for all difficulties is because of Kaivax’s post on the situation.

I don’t think it’s insidious. I think they changed their minds.

I… voted for a spider…

1 Like

I’m really not convinced people are going to be buying normal raid carries for a slime cat mount.

Didn’t the original announcement say Normal+, but then the achievements were the discrepancy that led people to believe something else?

1 Like

It’d be a waste of gold if they did. You have several cycles to progress towards it. Anyone that misses out either didn’t try, or didn’t want it.

Could you in theory just buy the last boss of the raid kill, and get credit for all the other kills? If so I can see ppl paying for that, but if they have to run the whole raid, I don’t think that is as practical.

I voted for the Caterpillar not the tree or cat…rather have the Caterpillar over that fugly cat…

Also it’s not like it’s a rare or unique mount. You won’t be able to throw a rock in oribos and not hit someone on the slime cat.

At least after the final cycle.