Slime Cat Change is PURE Greed

Plain and simple

They clearly want to boost token sales.

There is no other logical assumption to be drawn from the change.

“complete on ANY difficulty” was pretty d4mn clear to the community

/sigh

119 Likes

Buying tokens is the player-made solution to work around Blizzard’s intended path for earning group content rewards.

You can’t really blame Blizzard for players buying carries when they could just take the time to find a raid.

29 Likes

To think, slime cat could have won the poll instead of the tree and all of this could have been avoided 🫠

19 Likes

To think anybody voted for a tree over a cat…

48 Likes

I voted for the book. But anything other than the tree would have been ok.

25 Likes

33 Likes

If Blizz wants to replace my tree w the original version of slime cat, I will stop arguing

8 Likes

Quick google search showing Slime Cat carries are already for sale on “illegal” selling sites. lmao

14 Likes
  • they want to boost token sales

• available via Normal

What an awful way to do it then

9 Likes

Hi, terrible person here who voted for tree. I did it because of WC3 and the Nelf tree units there and I would do it again

25 Likes

This is a good point. How much would a normal run really cost? About 20k?

4 Likes

If you are buying tokens for a Normal run – you are most likely getting scammed.

13 Likes

Literally nothing you said supports the idea this change was for token sales.

4 Likes

You don’t understand that the vast majority of WoW players don’t raid, and the # is getting smaller every raid tier. LFR is the most used raid mode by a large margin.

23 Likes

Eh… I get what you’re saying, but the introduction of the token mechanism wasn’t exactly a player-driven feature.

5 Likes

Then why would they care about LFR if they dont raid. On top of that, how would making the mount available on the easiest form of raid content be a driver for tokens?

Stop smoking so much weed. If Blizz wanted to sell Tokens they would have limited the cat to Mythic or at least Heroic and made it a meta AOTC.

They let it come from doing Normal which is basically LFR but with a human picking the group instead of the game picking. The big difference is you actually can’t AFK and/or watch Twitch or Netflix on your second monitor while doing the content.

11 Likes

You can’t do this in LFR either.

3 Likes

Yes you can. In fact, it seems like half the group always does exactly that.

7 Likes

No they don’t. I’ve done LFR. And half are not AFKing. You have to do the fight for some time to get the buff. You can’t just stand around and get it and win.

5 Likes