Slang words

Thankfully nobody mentioned pepega in that thread, gonna’ see how long I can get away with saying it before Blizz throws people in the Gulag for twitch emotes.

Should I ask, or is it something I should ignore?

From knowyourmeme:
Pepega (pronounced “peh-peyguh”) is a Twitch Emote featuring a distorted image of Pepe the Frog which is used to ironically express that something is stupid and is commonly accompanied by the slang pejorative “retard” and the words “FOR SAN” in reference to the Twitch streamer Forsen. Online, the emote is frequently posted in Twitch chats and the /r/forsen subreddit.

People are weird, lol.

2 Likes

Ohmygoodnessgraciousupsidedownies it’s just groovy keen over here you snerts. I gots me a knitting needle that’ll poke yer eye out!

2 Likes

I don’t care, and I don’t know why other people care how others type.

:Pepehands:

1 Like

No, it’s not local. And according to Merriam-Webster, its first known use in the sense of this verb goes back to 1846. The first known use of it to mean what Ashna thought the weather guy was saying “only” goes back to 1902.

2 Likes

Did you have to do that? Did you have to add the images? Gaaah.

Ok, I was wondering because I have always used the word because… it’s a word that means a thing and I’ve never thought anything of it until this thread.

Are we having fun yet?

2 Likes

They only “have a place” because they get adopted by the larger population/younger generation as time goes on. It is still stupid.

1 Like

I’m now at an age where I google (urban dictionary) what younger people are saying (LOL) but mostly I don’t use it. I just keep myself educated on it enough to understand what they’re saying and that’s all that matters, really :smile:

No it doesn’t bother me because language is always evolving, growing and everyone needs to be able to express themselves and they should always have that opportunity.

Especially when they’re being sarcastic and sardonic, right fam?

1 Like

no. it’s not just you. but it also has nothing to do with age.

anyone saying stuff like fam, lit, cringe, coolies, adorbs, etc…they just sound stupid, regardless of their age.

5 Likes

That’s what we’re supposed to do. It’s one of the few fun things we have left.

3 Likes

Who gets sick of these young 'uns using words like and and me? Stick with your own lingo instead of commandeering ours!

1 Like

7 Likes

Funny thing about languages. They evolve and change over time. Young people do not hold exclusive rights to those changes, whether formal or slang.

1 Like

I kinda of agree, but it’s when anyone uses them.