SL M+ will be Venthyr only or get out for high keys if they don't change teleport

It was an example where there was a base car that you could apply mods to, not the mods were what you had to build a car out of, I put in context clues

Ehh. :man_shrugging:

I don’t know much about cars and car modding, i just know that not all races are just a straight line or something like those Nascar races where it’s a big oval and all you have to worry about is just keep turning left, if even. That making sure you got a handle on corners and such is equally important to going 0-100 in 3 seconds and having high top speed.

someone get a restraining order against this man, this is plain creepy

also 10/12M and 1500 in 2s as a dk, very big L O L

3 Likes

Alright let me flesh it out for you. You have the cars, all of which are to specifications from the series (the classes)each mod is something on top of the car and is essentially your way of choosing a covenant, let’s also assume that the cars are specced to be good at the type of racing you are doing, so you have a choice of mods to try to make your car better and have an advantage, mod 1 and 2 are turbo and super chargers, both do the same job in different ways and are solid middle of the road choices, we can equate these two to choosing a covenant that you don’t hate the theme of and the abilities aren’t top tier but not trash tier, then you have the engine that has way more horsepower, this is choosing the covenant that is all about min maxing and you are stuck with whatever theme it is even if you don’t like it, mod 4 is decals for aesthetic, sure you will look as cool as you want but you will always be at the back of the pack because you can’t compete with even the middle of the road, this is choosing a covenant purely for theme you don’t care about competing. Well maybe you feel resentful that you look cool but never compete, or you are jealous that sure your car is the fastest because of the engine but it looks like every other car in the field because you chose power over theme, meanwhile the middle of the road guys feel bad because sure they aren’t bottom of the pack but they also aren’t winning any races, sure they can go fast, but not that fast, and sure the super and turbo chargers look cool, but it’s not the mod they wanted either. This system essentially results in no one winning from an all around viewpoint. And the real moral of this story is that no one wants this type of racing because it should be based on driver skill not their mod.

So essentially it should be, choose a covenant, let the abilities be changeable to suit the content you are doing. That way no one feels pigeon holed for min maxing, and no one feels left out for going after thematics, does that sound about right Noobender

Dang maybe if he executed his PvE rotation but with necro instead of scourge strike he’d at least hit rival :confused: unforch

2 Likes

Well obviously in terms of Car modding, you don’t just go to the aesthetics right away… I don’t know what Tubro and Super charger will do exactly, and i can’t tell you what horsepower is or what exactly it translate out to.

If i were to hazard to guess, i would say the Engine will have the largest impact on how fast the Car can get to 100, and determines the Top Speed, and the Turbo and Supercharger just makes the impact a bit more better essentially.

Not to compare Cars to Computers, but i would imagine that Engines are equal parts Motherboard and GPU, where the Turbo and etc are just the CPU and RAM.

...and again, weird omission of the handling and cornering stuff , that would've been mod 4 . but i digress. .. Theirs also transmission too, but again, i digress.

I do understand what point you were trying to make here: that you shouldn’t choose something aesthetic over performance, that’s a fair enough message. Though i think also people should have that choice if they wanted to. If People want to instead paint their computer red and have RGB lights inside instead of getting either a GPU, a CPU, or more Ram, they can do that and they will reap what they sow.

...And obviously, theirs more then just those 4 and just like spoilers on a car and tires, will have some little impact to your computer, but we will be here all day if i list them all. I only bring this up cause i feel somebody will bring that up cause how i harp on the parts you didn't include.

Ok I can translate to PC parts, base engine is a ryzen 5 3600, solid cpu, the new engine is the top of the line ryzen 9 3950x, supercharger and turbo charger both equate to overclocking, decals are rgb lights,

1 Like

Wasn’t there a comment made by the devs recently about being able to change how Covenant abilities function via Soul Binds? Or was that for something else? I can’t remember.

Sure your pc looks cool with rgb, and the 9overclocking makes the ryzen 5 work better than non overclocked, but the ryzen 9 will be the best pc,

Unless a skip isn’t possible by any means other than the whole group going Venthyr I don’t think we are going to see such a thing on live. Much like Every M+ group in the live game isn’t playing NE for Shadowmeld

But of course I expect crazy shroud/meld/teleport skip madness to be out in force for SL MDI and such.

While i’m glad you can translate out to PC parts, GPU’s are the biggest contributer to FPS (or speed per say), not CPU. Though it does depend on which game were talking about if it’s either CPU or GPU intensive whether or not you get a boost from the CPU, but generally speaking it’s the GPU that has the most impact.

But i digress, lets take a look.

Looking at the article on UserBenchmarks

Both of those processors have Zen2, but the 5 3600 has 6 cores and 12 threads at 3.6GHz while the other one has 16 cores and 32 threads 3.5GHz, and while the 3600 is newer, it is priced much much lower then the older one and that’s cause it’s a mid tier CPU. The 3950x is obviously ranked higher, but looking at the finer details, some of it is just slight upgrades, and the downgrade here is the 3.6 GHz Clock speed just went down by .1.

Again, This really depends on what kind of game were talking about here cause there can be CPU intensive games that can benefit this greatly, but for the other games, it’s just a small improvement. So that $700 is really not worth it to me personally, even though at worst, it’s a slight upgrade, and best a slightly above slight upgrade for a good chunk of the games. Though i honestly can’t imagine why you would need that many cores to begin with, but i digress.

Then again, Car parts aren’t exactly cheap either, so to answer the question here in a world where money is an infinite resource and all i have to worry about is just simple upgrades, yes, i would choose that even those generally, it has a small impact on how my computer’s Max FPS and average FPS. Same how it would affect minorly the Top Speed and Acceleration on a car.

Overclocking refers to increasing the clock rate usually on a GPU or CPU, but any part can be overclocked as well, running it at a higher speed it does at the core clock speed, which is referred to “Turbo speed”.

Well, Decals for all intents and purposes are stickers really. If we are to give a Car Equivalent of RGB lights inside your computer, it would be Neon lights in your engine.

Or they will just make it like a warlock gate or heroic leap where you still aggro mobs while going from point A to B. Problem solved… :white_check_mark:

Let the buffing and nerfing begin!

Okay now you are just nitpicking the metaphor, not contributing to the purpose of the post

It’s not really a choice when you have no other choice but the most optimal choice.

3 Likes

Well apologies. :man_shrugging:

To answer your question and keep it short, it really depends for me. If were talking about strictly high level mythic plus, yes i would pick something that has the biggest impact, except i never do high level mythic plus. What will most likely happen is i’l just pick something that appeals to me instead.

That doesn’t mean i want the other choices to go away, if people want to pick the other choices, even though one of them is inferior, then i wouldn’t mind that too much. And in terms of video games, sometimes i want to see what other option works for me if i don’t like the one i picked.

In terms of WoW, if you are looking for somebody with a specific covenant for your mythic plus, it wouldn’t be too hard to find out of the hat (group finder) who did.

Except I am arguing that none of that is necessary, the game can have covenants, you can stick with the covenant you like, and you can swap between the abilities of each covenant like a talent tree without changing covenants, that way everyone can be in the covenant they want to be in without being gimped for choosing the wrong covenant power/utility wise

What choice is there when you have to pick the best?

I’m confused. I thought each class was getting a unique ability per covenant? Now every class is getting the same one?