SL M+ will be Venthyr only or get out for high keys if they don't change teleport

The problem being. The Venthyr ability Door of Shadows is a 35 yard range teleport with a 1 min cooldown.

This teleport is so over powered for skips in dungeons.

Compared to
Kyrian npc that gives you a health pot every 5 min
Night fae run faster in a fox form
necrolords damage reduction shield

I don’t really do many high keys but still this is a problem they shouldn’t let happen in the first place.

39 Likes

Choice should matter. If the choices didn’t have ramifications like this, the choice wouldn’t matter.

9 Likes

Yeah yeah, and rogues are the only dps that get invited to keys because they have shroud.

Stuff like this is always overblown. Will the people pushing for rank 1’s feel obliged to do it? Maybe. For literally everyone else it won’t matter.

29 Likes

The problem is this “LFM m+ whatever, Venthyr only”

20 Likes

Covenant abilities are a very bad thing for WoW imo. Especially when it comes to giving mobility to everyone. They should be removed entirely.

28 Likes

I’m going Night Fae and am not worried about being taken to groups. That kind of choice is only going to matter for those hardcore world firsters.

9 Likes

It will be changed or nerfed, you’ll see. Too much potential for this 1 skill that forces other covenants to be useless.

1 Like

But you have to choose. You have to take part in this system. You’re forced to align yourself as either focusing on dungeons, raids, PVP or world content.

That’s not a choice.

As for the main topic, the Night Fae fox form persists in combat now which is pretty strong, but Venthyr is way over the top.

7 Likes

Good. Let there be optimized players

5 Likes

I’m picking what I like based on pure lore/aesthetics, and am planning on doing dungeons, raids, PvP and world content regardless.

20 Likes

Uh, it goes against the idea of being optimized.

1 Like

Optimized in one area of the game.

1 Like

Guess we better delete all of Shadowlands!
THE SKY IS FALLING…LITERALLY LOOK AT ICECROWN.

6 Likes

People say make your own group or I don’t care what the meta is, but, and I hate that this is the source of the quote, asmongold put it the best way I’ve heard yet in his reaction video: “it’s just like in classic, if you try to play specs that are bad people treat you like an idiot and you don’t get to enjoy the content” now this has obvious caveats but the message still applies

10 Likes

Idk man, people warned Blizzard about the problems with Azerite armor during the beta and they didn’t listen until it was too late to do anything about it. Same with Corruption, people constantly pointed out the issue with it and it took them this long to add a vendor.

8 Likes

So you’re telling me that in an MMO-RPG, a game genre that is good because you have a whole world to explore and lots of different types of content, you think it’s good to pigeon hole people into just doing one type of content?

I don’t see how any reasonable person could think it’s a good thing that a player cant be optimized for both PVP, raids, and dungeons.

5 Likes

Tell that to all the ppl playing Draenei or KT Thatstill get accepted to everything

1 Like

Too bad blizzard has designed the game in such a way that to be optimal in one area of the game, you have to take parts in all parts of the game, but players will naturally desire other players optimized for the current area of the game they are partaking in that moment, hence the issue

Have a downvote :-1:

2 Likes

Super mobility every 1 min or a npc that you can call to give you a health pot every 5 min.

I mean seriously who thought of the health pot giver owl is that a troll?

7 Likes

Races haven’t mattered (apart from blood elf) for a long time, not really