SL M+ will be Venthyr only or get out for high keys if they don't change teleport

But enough people who it does effect will state how it’s the “best” way and then everyone else will imitate it because the top players said it was best. What’s it going to take, people being declined from even low level keys because they didn’t pick Venthyr? Because as soon as the MDI-level folks start using it/exclusively it, all the wannabes will demand it too.

It doesn’t matter who it affects at first. It will end up affecting everyone once pugs see the top people doing something, think “me too” and then you see people being kicked out of 3s and 5s because they aren’t Venthyr covenant even though at that level it doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Who are “they” in this scenario? The pug groups(duh it’s a pug), your guild, or friends? If it’s your guild or friends who are ostracising you from a heroic raid or M+ 15 because you’re not perfectly itemised and min-maxed GET A NEW GUILD OR FRIENDS.

I’m mixed on this. I think the covenant system works brilliantly IF and only IF it’s story, cosmetic and not flexible for the player.

I like Ion’s take that it needs to be an RPG choice. I’m full onboard with that. Make it so once you choose the covenant that’s it. It will be something that affects that character in story choices well into the future possibly even future expansions.

THAT is how you do it. This signature power crap is going to hamstring the game for sure.

1 Like

I’m sorry you need a scapegoat so you’ll focus on the covenants instead of just being a better player.

And this absolutely will create more variety where having the same classes in a group can still be a little different. When they are interchangeable, easy to change, THEN it becomes a requirement because it’s so easy to accommodate.

Seriously NE have been so far away the best race all freaking expansion for mythic+ because of shadowmeld and still the pushers are Horde and don’t use it. Where are the elitist gatekeepers there with such a powerful utility???

Will it really matter that much though? This reminds me of The Office when Kevin was talking in an abbreviated fashion in order to “save time”. Technically true, but is it really worth the effort?

1 Like

Than make your own group. This is the same debacle as players using Raider .IO for +1 key runs. Just ignore them.

Except it won’t really hamstring the game because it’s a perceived handicap, not an actual one for the MAJORITY OF CONTENT THE AVERAGE PLAYER PARTICIPATES IN.

If you’re having trouble timing a +15 without every gimmick available in game the player is the problem not the game.

Most WoW players are not Mythic world first raiders, MDI players or R1 Glads.

1 Like

More boogie man stories.

“If you’re not a NE you won’t get invites”

“If you don’t have the right essences you won’t get invites”

“If you don’t have the right corruptions you won’t get invites”

Then you realize nobody freaking checks or cares any of that and it was forum fear mongering.

Not to mention if you are really worried about being the subpar you would make sure you’re always a meta spec since that has WAY more of an impact.

You really have poor understanding of the game up to this point. Obviously what goes at the top 5% trickles down to all the rest. Why do people show up here and complain they can’t get a M0 without being overgeared for it?

The majority of players read the wikis, look at icy veins and dabble at the very least in low level heroic and mythic content. To think they don’t and they just fish or gather herbs all day is foolish.

1 Like

A) Mythic + is arguably the most popular content in the game. That’s gonna affect a lot of players.
B) The use of a teleport goes far and beyond M+ skips.

2 Likes

But it’s an indefinite system. Trying to balancing around that is pointless.

Not as far as you think it does.

Really? Then why was Demonic Gateway nerfed and reworked a dozen times before settling to it’s current (and deplorable) state?

1 Like

Scapegoat? What? This doesn’t even make any sense. Choosing the right abilities has to do with being a better player. Your arguments and reasoning are getting getting progressively worse and makes less and less sense.

Nope. Not when people are either copying or all using what they think is best. Variety is choosing the covenant you want based on story and aesthetics alone. Don’t bring abilities into the picture.

Is this your only argument? The picture is a lot bigger than just this one thing. We’re talking about an expansion feature here.

I’ve said this before but I’m ok with each covenant being specialized for one activity. Venthyr can be the M+ covenant so long as the other 3 are extremely OP in some other aspect of the game. For example, one for PvP, one for raiding, one for M+ and one for world exploration/old content.

Didn’t Warlocks keep abusing it to the point where Blizzard had to step in? And Demonic Gateway doesn’t even have a cast time?

All you have to do is open yours and replace your realm and name with his.

Try this… “LFM M+… No Vampires Allowed”. There are other ways to play Warcraft.

1 Like

Or just give players agency by allowing them to continue making choices throughout an expansion with a wide variety/ combinations of content types, roles, and play styles.

Because they don’t have 4 other friends to group with? Make your own groups if you can’t get invites.

I would KILL for Blizzard to go back and decide to remove covenant abilities or just do palette swaps or altered spell effects and give every covenant every ability but this isn’t going to happen. They will not put the time/effort/money into taking 4 signature abilities + 48 class abilities and doing the art/effects to make 12 more signature + 144 more class abilitiy skins/effects.

If they really wanted some balance each class could of just been giving 1 new utility spell and maybe 1 new talent row for a total of 48 abilities but whatever.

This is their vision for Shadowlands. I’m in no rush to pre-order until I see it all in action because I don’t trust them after BFA but all the issues being brought up are player made.

You want the most powerful character in game? Well you might not get the fancy cosmetics you wanted or RPG choice. You want RPG choice, then you might have a perceived handicap for content you probably will never participate in.

If you played before transmog existed you’d get sometimes to have the most power you’re going to have to look like a :clown_face:

1 Like

What cooldown is Shroud on? Door of Shadows is a skip and should be treated as such.

Blizz needs to fix that before Blizz eventually balances Mythic around people having Door.