SL M+ will be Venthyr only or get out for high keys if they don't change teleport

Min-maxers will eventually infest everything with their mindset, that’s the issue. Eventually everyone will look and say “X is the best”.

1 Like

Exactly you are choosing what activity you want to specialize with. You are already feeling the consequence and the anxiety of not being able to pick the other covenants. It already beginning to matter.

in MMO which is the issue this isn’t a single player rpg it’s an mmo there is a competitive aspect to it.

2 Likes

I’d say this just needs to be scrapped and redesigned. The Night Fae perk is reasonably strong and provides mobility without just being able to jump over mechanics. We don’t need to have two mobility type perks like this.

Obviously needs a buff/redesign of some sort.

These two are reasonably competitive when you look at them by themselves though. The Night Fae is moderately competitive compared to the portal, but it’s pretty obvious the portal is still a clear cut winner because it’ll be more powerful on average even if you find a spot or two where NF is better. The shield is a nice perk to have, but it can’t compete with the portal. I’d say it could compete with night fae as you’re choosing a reasonably well designed mobility perk versus a shield perk. The teleport is just too blatantly overpowered given how it works.

The shield could allow cheese soaking mechanics or just allow you to survive something a night fae player ran out of and if the fight has no mobility component to it then it’s not doing you much good whereas the shield will likely be helpful to reduce healing needed.

It’s not about needing to be, it’s about wanting to be.

I’ll repeat myself, I don’t understand why people think it’s bad for others to want their characters to be the best it can be.

People don’t seem to grasp the concept, but it’s so simple.

I don’t want the Covenants to become a level 60 talent row. That is not how I want to base my decision.
But myself along with a lot of people will go with player power over cosmetics.

Covenants have enough without the abilities.

What I actually find ironic is the people who want the abilities removed care more about everything else the Covenants have to offer, but the people who don’t care about being optimal and just want to go with what they like only really care about having their “RPG elements” or their flashy spell of choice.

3 Likes

And the competitive aspect is for a vanishingly small numbers of players (rank 1 glad, hall of fame, +26 keys).

5 man NE runs are meta in the MDI but how often are all other races excluded by the super elitists?

Or anyone still progressing mythic after 4 months, multiple boss targeted nerfs, months of gear, rank 15 cloaks with 80 corruption resistance, etc. incredibly more powerful than when it was new.

2 Likes

This is really trash, it should have been a free prepot every 5 minutes :+1:

Because those people end up making EVERYONE do the same thing whether they want to or not. That’s the issue. The min-maxers and optimizers end up taking over with their mentality to where you don’t get a choice. So in the end it’s detrimental because it’s so prevalent that it ends up changing everything around it.

Yea, but these utility spells aren’t that egregious. It’s just people freaking out that the sky is falling AGAIN. Par for the course.

1 Like

No one is making you do anything. If you can scrounge up 5-10 people who just want to have fun you can easily see the heroic raid and do the highest M+ dungeon needed for max ilvl gear each week. No need to ever interact with the min-maxers.

“Stunted” lol.

It’s the illusion of choice. There’s no way to justify the value of a potion over a 35yd skip. Especially if your class lacks stealth and/or mobility.

1 Like

It doesn’t work that way in practice. As soon as people start seeing the “best” way of doing things, they’ll imitate the min-maxers regardless. Look at, well, basically anything where the min-maxers end up doing what they do. At some point even the people who aren’t min-maxers end up following the min-maxers, doubly so when they start to get crap or even ostracized/kicked for not.

1 Like

This is where you’re wrong though. If I want to raid, what if I am the one choosing what I think is best for me? And then I switch to PvP on the same character and I want to choose something else that I feel is best for that part of the game. Why do you want me to be restricted for what I have access? Competitiveness doesn’t have to be 100% what the 1% is doing, and that’s what you and others don’t understand. But the choice I would personally make for one type of content does not mean it will match the choice I would make for another type of content. I should not be hampered here because of a poorly designed system.

1 Like

I’m sorry, do you not understand the definition of that word? Google it.

We do understand, we just disagree.

And in the end Blizz will do whatever they want regardless of feedback one way or the other.

Then why are you so focused on the 1% for players having a feeling of competitiveness? You don’t get it. That’s the problem.

So we just sit here and accept mediocrity and crap design decisions in silence? I think not. This is a really terrible argument.

1 Like

Because so many players focus on all the wrong things when it comes to improving. Focusing on class, spec, gear, etc., when just not playing better is 99% of the reason someone fails.

And this creates variety.

1 Like

Math speaks. Common sense speaks. Logic speaks. People listen. There is nothing wrong with that. Just because YOU don’t care about it doesn’t mean others don’t have to care either.

No, this creates everyone using the same covenant because they want to do what feels best. How is that variety? We’re all doing the same thing. Boring.

2 Likes

The only power Door of Shadows would have is in the endless Mythic + grind, so again, not affecting a lot of players.