SL M+ will be Venthyr only or get out for high keys if they don't change teleport

Not a Preach fan, but he did a good video talking about the signature abilities and why they can’t design a fight around it. He also discussed the problems as he saw it (currently) with the Signature abilities.

Because if they design a fight around the Damage Shield ability, then anyone without it is screwed. And that’s a great way to piss off a LOT of players.

Classes with mobility options have a huge advantage in a lot of content. So any Signature ability that has Mobility built in should be scrutinized.

Your plans are unrelated to incoming results.

0_o I just said that…you replied to me saying that… what???

This is also why Demon Hunters need to be compensated with a higher than baseline mDPS damage for sacrificing their mobility in a momentum/fel mastery build.

I was agreeing with you. No arguments. Was just using a specific example to drive the point home.

That if you built a fight around an ability, it’d hurt everyone WITHOUT it.

Scrutinize away, I was never stopping you.

Hidden profile… casual detected.

Some people also hide their profile because they’re jerks who can’t stand scrutiny of any kind.

Can’t wait for covenants to become another transmog with a specific storyline…until that storyline is the fastest then people complain they have to be that or not level fast enough.

preferable to being shoehorned into venthyr on every single character for PVE. You could put that teleport on a 10 minute cooldown and it would still be OP af compared to any other signature ability for m+

1 Like

Cool. Now leta just give everyone templates and when they get an upgrade it’ll just give them more stats. And transmog. Make it equal. All abilities to every class.

Your idiotic bad faith argument has been noted and dismissed, carry on.

Cool man. Cool.

We can hope they listen and change things. Until then, all we can do is hope the testers are providing feedback on how the other Signature abilities are bad in comparison.

The problem is Blizzard’s mindset is a pipe dream.
“We want to make sure there are no wrong choices.”

That can’t be managed. What is wrong for Raiding may be Right for PvP. You can’t create a ‘every choice is a good choice’ system. It’s a pipe dream.

The best you can hope for is that all the choices are nearly equal. Ie within a 4% variation overall.

Even tabletop games constantly argue about how to balance Utility or Mobility effects. Because they’re not all built equally.

Improved Swimming Speed pales (with few exceptions) compared to having a Flight Speed.

1 Like

And that blizzard has a track record of being incredibly stubborn.

4 Likes

I’m sorry. What?!?!? TF?

You’re delusional.

That is why your opinion of the abilities themselves is meaningless.

If you’d ask me I’d say this shows just how bad they are at balancing classes and specs that you can take 4 abilities and still somehow they are wildly out of balance.

What they need is a grading system for all schools of magic and all mechanics. So that it’d be much clearer why Venthyr Teleport is head and shoulders superior to everything else there.

That grading system would go a LONG way to address long overdue class imbalances as well. I know they don’t see this as a problem but I’ll be damned if the community doesn’t.