SL M+ will be Venthyr only or get out for high keys if they don't change teleport

I wish you good luck.

Good luck with that.

1 Like

I’m going Necrolord, as Blood Dk i wont give up a 25% hp shield for a half-assed slow teleport. If that costs me doing m+ next season, then fine, so be it.

You, like Swalsh, are braindead.

Exactly. So, because of certain builds, the spec should automatically do more damage? They do TOO much damage now. With too much ease. THAT is a problem. And yes, there are classes that are easy to play, I’m not arguing that point. The fact they can do good damage on top of mobility options 
 that’s an issue.

But, thankfully they HAVE announced, and there has been some datamined stuff showing that DH are indeed getting some much needed nerfs.

Just like DKs got their nerfs, DHs are getting their nerfs. Just these nerfs won’t come until SL.

1 Like

Thanks.
I’ll be enjoying my MMORPG while you’re miserable and mad about irrelevant things. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’m neither of those thing, but keep assuming :yum::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Clearly you are since you quoted me from yesterday.
BUT OKAY COW.

Ahahah. Made my day little one. Sorry for wishing you luck.

The few constants I’m seeing here are 1: some of the playerbase doesn’t care if the community isn’t happy they only care about themselves, 2: people on the forums seem to only come here to troll, 3: anyone who tries to provide valid feedback on the forums for community awareness just get walked over by trolls and people who only care about their own happiness, 4: people trust blizzard way too much despite blizzards track record of stubbornly holding onto their bad decisions

2 Likes

If I know one covenant is going to be significantly better for my healer, why would I want the one I know is significantly better for my DPS spec? You’re really not thinking this through, and it’s actually really frustrating.

1 Like

I look at it this way. Covenant Class Abilities can be easily tweaked. Those are easy to fix. Signature abilities that are spec / class agnostic are a lot harder to fix.

But yes, the Covenant system does have flaws, huge flaws, especially for people who play multiple specs of a class. It may be good for DPS, but sucks for Tank.

I mean, it doesn’t affect me, as I’m pretty much pure DPS. But I can understand how it could be an issue for classes with multiple roles.

People dont care because they dont do anything above lfr or normal dungeons where it really doesnt matter what you do.

1 Like

This is true, at least to an extent. But this is also an argument against how the system is currently working because people may feel obligated to switch to something else because three weeks in, Blizz will nerf that ability and it will no longer be the best option. Covenants will not be easily switched, according to the devs. And while I understand that, I don’t like how class combat abilities are made to be difficult to change along with them.

Besides, Blizzard’s ability to balance things leaves something to be desired. I really don’t trust them to be able to keep things relatively in line with one another. That’s why I wish they’d give up on “trying to make this work” because their track record shows a lack of success in this area.

1 Like

The Covenant System boils down to a simple concept.

“Excellent on paper. Terrible in Practice.”

Or as I’ve personally phrased it, “Excellent Idea. Poor Execution.”

Something Blizzard sadly has a reputation for. They create awesome ideas, but then somehow, someway, they screw it up.

3 Likes

Oh, get lost. This is the opposite of a meaningful choice. Blizzard did what they always do, come up with a decent idea and then utterly ruin it with their usual BS.

The way it currently stands it is going to just end up being Legion 2.0 where people that actually care about doing content that matters are going to NEED duplicates of CLASSES. My idk, warlock (not planning on playing warlock but using it as an example), is going to want to go have Kyrian for raid since it actually “does” something in Single Target.

THAT Warlock is not going to be able to push keys (especially on Fort) compared to a literal exact copy of that warlock with the same gear and everything except they went Venthyr since the Venthyr ability does like 361% spellpower damage and basically gives the tank an “external” on big pulls at the same time. THIS warlock is going to be pretty far behind the former one in single target by a noticeable margin since the Kyrian ability is like 125% of the damage of a UA and has 100% uptime in ST.

1 Like

It’s kind of tragic because I really wish some of them would work out. There seems to be a disconnect between the concept being accepted and the concept being implemented. As you said, it happens a lot.

Story choices shouldn’t impact numbers performance. Story choices should matter to story. Numbers choices should matter to numbers.

Those things need to be balanced differently and the systems around them handled differently. Tying your favorite color, theme, or “vibe”, to how well you’ll do in a specific kind of content is exceptionally stupid.

Meaningful choices need to put everything on the table at the outset for the meaning to be valid, and that’s something people seem to be forgetting. Let’s be honest, most players are casual, and they’re going to pick the one they like the most. They’re going to have zero knowledge of the efficiency or performance of those choices. The game isn’t going to tell them that information either.

Ultimately we’re going to punish the largest class of players because they, ultimately, won’t really understand the choice their making. We’ll punish the middle tier who wants to choose a story they like but also wants to perform well in the content they choose. We’ll absolutely punish the elite who could have had the opportunity to enjoy something they liked but will have to choose the thing that’s best instead.

Choices should matter, I agree. I just don’t agree that choices need to be long-term choices for them to be relevant. You can’t change talents in combat, which means that what you choose to go in with matters. You can’t change specs in combat, so what you decide to go in as matters.

Where do we balance a players skill versus their arbitrary story choices? Personally I think performance should be entirely on the former and not at all on the latter.

TL;DR

A choice is only a meaningful choice when you also have all the information about it. Covenants are chosen early, prior to the average person knowing the full extent of that choice.

It’s like offering someone an apple and an orange. If they choose the orange they get some oranges. If they choose the apple they get an apple pie. These are not equivalent results, but somehow it’s OK because the choice was meaningful despite not knowing what the end result would be.

2 Likes

Nope. I like long term. I like that it affects numbers. You can choose early. THey said you can switch later. It’s not permanent.