Skaven (Rat Folk) Playable Race. With Tails!

Yeeeeeeah I don’t think Blizz wants to tango with the lawsuit that could potentially get them into trouble with GW since the OP seems to be suggesting they just outright steal Skaven from Warhammer, design and lore and all.

Also, they be their own faction since they are quite literally too chaotic to be part of either.

Rat-Folk have been part of mythology going as far back as ancient Mesopotamia and even further back before writing to spoken folklore. They have been included in a lot of fantasy literature and games. As I have noted in this thread. They first appeared in modern day books and gaming in the Dungeon and dragons franchise 1974. But Race was already part of the literary lexicon for many generations.

Warmhammer franchise is the most recent entity to showcase the Race. They have ownership of perhaps the name “Skaven”. But they do not have ownership of the race.

Think of it this way: Think of all the fantasy books, movies, games you have read,seen, played. Those have depicted Giants, Werewolves, Trolls, Orcs, Dwarfs, Elves, Dragons, Knights, Warlocks, Witches, Mages. Mermaids. Etc.

No company, business, corporation, or private individual has ownership of Any Fantasy Race. It all comes under the Fair Use right. So yes. The name of the Rat-folk Race will need to be changed. But that’s all.

As an example: Wow has a race called the Worgen. The Worgen are a race of Werewolves. Does that mean that another game company cannot use Werewolves in their game? No it does not. Another company can use Werewolves in their game. They might call their Werewolves “Lupin” or such. But even the look can be kept the same, just not exact. I mean lets face it. If you have seen a Werewolf in the media, you have seen them all.

So yeah. It wouldn’t be a problem.

PS: I’m Using Warhammer Skaven as an example of what I want the Race to be like. Does not need to be exactly the same, just close enough.

1 Like

“ you know what’s worse than a rat? An armored one.”

-Markus Kruber
Ubersreik Five

Yeah Vermintide is a fun game indeed. Funny quote by the way.

Yes, YES!!!

They can choose which faction they want to be apart of. But they have access to two under empire which are underneath Oggrimar and Stormwind.

The Skaven are a bunch of cheating ambushers. I love WHII but i make it a point every game to exterminate them 1st.

I always play Skaven in Warhammer games…love that race.

ha ha-yes!

Doomwheel goes Vroom-Vroom

1 Like

If the Skaven came to Azeroth the world would be fall to ruin. If you thought the Lich King was bad…

1 Like

Funfact, skaven consider everything not skaven a “thing”
So if your not a skaven you aren’t a person to them.

No, also muted.

did you call the witch hunters on this heretic?

I think maybe L5R came after warhammer skaven. They feature a rat-man race.

i did, but they clearly didn’t understand what i told them…
but they did send 1 with 4 other weirdos… something 5 if i recall

The Witch-hunters never made it. They no take Candle no no no.

1 Like

We could use a new race. Have these rat creatures have their capital in the center of the planet or something like that.

I didn’t know I needed this until now.

You think you want Skaven. You do not. Ever seen a female skaven? Think of a giant naked mole rat, bigger than a cow. Dumb as can be, and angry. Liek really angry. So yeah, all the skaven you see on the battle fields? Those are the males. Angry incel skaven. High on warpdust.

Sounds like these things could cause chaos in Wow. Do you think the combined armies of Alliance and Horde could defeat an army of Skaven?