Sinful Gladiator mount

I like it, what do you guys think about it?

https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/item=183937/sinful-gladiators-soul-eater#comments

1 Like

Cool mount. Lot better than bfa

11 Likes

bfa mounts are so bad it’s insane

this is honestly my personal favorite next to legion
obviously bc/cata mounts are iconic but the legion spell effects and the spell effects on these make them feel so much more unique

too bad 4000 people get gladiator now instead of 400
‘unique’ felt wrong to use

7 Likes

you know, it’s weird. the tooltip on wowhead actually says rewarded from Achievement: Sinful Gladiator: Shadowlands Season 1

(https:/ /ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=14690/sinful-gladiator-shadowlands-season-1)

prob a typo but would be interesting for r1 only mounts

i wouldn’t be surprised if they randomly changed it without notice and the datamined achievement here was wrong

honestly make fun of me and call me edgy but this mount is so cool
big rip that at least one of the seasons will likely have a meta and inflation similar to this one where every rogue/hpal player goes from 2k-2700 in 3 days and this mount is everywhere you look
make it r1 tbh LOL

3 Likes

I think the wrath ones were probably the coolest until they devalued them with the meta achieves that are super easy to get and really similar

That being said the legion ones are also amazing

4 Likes

The final raid meta achievement or a torghast achievement will probably be very similar to this mount, i’d imagine at least.

But I think it’s pretty cool. A lot cooler than the Proto drakes, that’s for sure.

I think they are on the level as the WotLK ones, they fit the theme at least.

TBC > Legion > SL > WotLK > Cata > MoP > WoD > BfA

2 Likes

I was actually saying to my partner yesterday that it would be cool if out of the 6-7 hues they always make for glad mounts, if they tied one to be exclusive to getting 2700+ in any season during the expansion. For example Red Shadowdragon reserved for getting 2700+ during S1-S4 of shadowlands, independent from the other elite + 50 win Glad mounts.

Might be a nice stepping stone to show mastery above Glad, but not quite to r1 title.

Lmao that one comment on the page

“Well time to git gud”

2 Likes

If they want to keep this “no limit on gladiator” crap, they need to have the rating inflate per week like cutoffs did.

One week: 50 wins over 2523
Next week: 50 wins over 2537

I haven’t even been playing but from what Holywarriors was telling me people are like 3.1k… why is Gladiator 2400 when there are people pushing 3.1k+?

Old system wasn’t perfect, new one is just worse with static ratings. Make new system scale with ladder; infinitely better.

Let 2400 be the glad win start but limit the inflation. We aren’t even in the last two weeks where traditionally r1 cutoffs will go up 150+ points. We could see a r1 cut off in the 3100 range which is just insane. R1 cutoffs finishing around 2950-3k were so much better for ladder health than what BFA S1 had. I honestly can’t think of an expansion I’ve played thats had as bad inflation as BFA. WoD S1 had a R1 that only went up like 200 points over 3ish+ months. Versus The last 3 months of BFA s4 R1 has the potential to move over 400 points or something ridiculous.

1 Like

bring back % based gladiator tbh. only thing making my first glad actually feel good is the fact i played a meme comp lmao

1 Like

Lol that imgur picture doesn’t show which achievement awards the illusion. Think they forgot about it again like the start of bfa?

1800cr with set?

Think it’s a higher chance they forgot tbh.

Why does it matter anymore. Who cares if 2% of all 3s players get glad instead of .5% depending on the season. Atleast people are playing this horrible game.

11 Likes

Some people like not having things handed to them like candy :man_shrugging:.

Just personal opinion, new system is boring and makes everything besides r1 too easy.

Getting glad at 2400 then seeing r1 cutoff likely being 700 points higher is pretty sucky for the players in between. There’s not much incentive for most players to continue playing beyond 2400.

2 Likes

honestly i know it wont change but i wish they’d just cut season lengths to be around or slightly longer than legion seasons
it makes the ladder less stale
it encourages/forces players to queue more often
it keeps the meta fresh typically

atm there’s 5 datamined mount colors
i know that doesn’t mean anything cause there was like 7 datamined bfa colors
but hopefully they get it right and just split this last season into 2 at the end of SL instead of doing another 2x/2x/2x/42 week pattern with the 5th mount

20 week season inflation typically kept glad at like 1% at least in sinister/notorious it was something like 500 or so

1 Like

I actually like the bfa ones :worried:

1 Like