Since when was "Check Wowhead" an acceptable answer?

Problem is thou that’s not an effective method.

Customers on average tend to ignore survey requests unless they are either very happy or very angry.

You would be better to maximise your attention on more complicated issues and having a good dialogue to ensure better results.

I’d suggest they likely have KPIs more so aimed at either time to respond/ resolve or total amount of resolutions - that better explains their behaviour my 2 cents

Activision Blizzard doesn’t want to take responsibility, it’s normal.

They’d much rather send their customers to a third party website than handle problems themselves. They even create systems in the game that require the use of third party websites.

Yeah wowhead is the new Q&A department. They paid the real Q&A team to quit there jobs.

1 Like

They are probably all stoned.

Why? I did run into several bugs myself due to the newer level scaling content.

Do they even try to fix bugs? The same ones are still going on in incursions with pets not spawning or spawning 6 feet underground. neat trick. Then there always in combat even though i hearth bug. so many

was that prior to internet? prior to phones? prior to carrier pigeons?

preformed responses are a standard thing.

the company you worked for must have been extremely inefficient.

They have scripted replies, outside of that they are confused.
Seems normal for businesses these days

And if those responses no longer satisfy the customer base, you update them, not tell them to call a third-party and hope they’ll have the answer.

1 Like

GMs are probably outsourced, minimum paid customer support jockeys, with very little actual power, due to past abuse of power by a minority of previous GMs.

I say this because I’ve worked in customer support before on a few different projects (not in the game industry) and you always start off with some power and it gets whittled away over time until you can barely help anyone at all with anything tougher than a Google search.

They’re not. They all work inside Blizzard offices.

The issue with the OP is that first it’s a bug (GMs don’t take bug reports, nor do they assist with bugs unless the development team gives them tools to do so–this is rare). They’re also not allowed to give game hints. So they do what they can. Which is point people to places where other players may have found a workaround.

GMs are somewhat restricted in what they can do for us. Which is why the ticket system has become rather difficult to navigate (still not a fan of that). They’re trying to funnel us into issues they can assist with.

5 Likes

Literally all a GM can do is say, “Yep, that’s broken.” You can tell them it’s broken, but it’s like turning and telling the person sitting next to you - they have exactly the same power to fix it. So, instead, tell the people who CAN fix it through submitting a bug report, which won’t bring about immediate results but it’ll probably get put on a whiteboard somewhere if it’s not already on it (it probably is) and they just figure it’s too low priority to address when other gamebreaking stuff is going on. Meanwhile, go to Wowhead and find the workaround that other players found, get past the issue, move on with your life.

You shouldn’t need a GM to look it up on Wowhead for you, which is probably the only thing that they could do, especially when it will take them the better part of a day to do it and you could’ve just gone there in five minutes.

What on earth would the point of that be? If I was waiting in the GM queue for something that they did have to resolve, like constantly falling through the world or the time that I zoned out of a raid in permanent Spirit of Redemption mode, I’d be pretty upset if the reason it took a day and a half for them to get back to me is that they went to go help some dude futz around with a broken quest that has a simple workaround that the player could’ve found in Wowhead in ten seconds like your buddy with a beer watching you try and fix a car while offering unhelpful suggestions.

2 Likes

They aren’t simply saying “go look it up”, they are offering it as a helpful suggestion. I’ve found a couple of bugged quests and looking them up in WoWHead really was helpful. Some people have discovered how to work around the bug to complete the quest, so in the meantime it is very useful to use WoWHead. Being told how to help yourself isn’t an insult.

2 Likes

The bad ones are really bad. I havent dealt with any recently so I figured they’d get better over time. Lots dont even read the ticket, just click next or delete it and move on.

it seems the generic GM response to issues with quests is to first to try and help the player resolve the problem on their own – this works the vast majority of the time or in a few cases it’s something that needs to moved up the line by re-submitting a ticket.

Unless I misunderstand it seems you submitted a ticket for the problem, got a guildie to help get through the bugged quest (and thus resolve the problem), and were surprised the GM told you the issue was resolved?

It’s not rude or insulting for a GM to suggest a site that may provide information on how to resolve your problem – were you expecting them to research it for you personally and provide you an immediate custom presentation of possible solutions while you waited or something?

2 Likes

Blizzard has always leaned heavily on 3rd party sites. Look at how they do with apps. If one becomes really popular to the point it seems “necessary” they will incorporate some part of it into the game. I’m surprised they haven’t done damage meters yet.

Just lazy game devs, coasting along.

satisfy … how?

the customer base has a gross misunderstanding of the role of GMs.

…but instead of familiarizing themselves with what GMs can and can’t do, people would rather jump straight to being outraged, over something they have no understanding of.

1 Like

I’ve run into bugs that still hasn’t been fixed for years. Every time I reported them as bugs and to GM’s as well. GM’s usually reply with the cut and paste responses and bugs don’t ever get fixed. Shows how much Bliz cares.

1 Like

such as?

so instead of using the appropriate reporting tools, you’re wasting the time of GMs, for something they can’t help with?
…why?

you expect them to take the time to craft a personalized response for something which isn’t within their job description.
…are these responses not telling you the appropriate way to go about reporting bugs?

which bugs have you reported which haven’t been fixed?

Sarcasm right? I don’t recall GMs being so unhelpful back then. Granted, not all of them are like that but when players are told to check WH it sounds lazy and like copypasta.