Since when was "Check Wowhead" an acceptable answer?

I don’t get why people say it has malware, I have never over the entire time using that site ever had any issues.

3 Likes

I think one of them mentioned why once.

First came the surveys to check quality then as always came a genius who decided to reward getting the highest score and ignore anything less.

So staff were incentivised to only put effort in if they think they can get top marks and just copy paste responses on anything else. Why waste time on low marks, right?

2 Likes

My game gets a weird hiccup when I have multiple Wowheads open, which is weird cause I could have like 40 youtubes open and be fine.

1 Like

Malwaaaare.

NPS surveys, they are part and parcel of all major companies these days, it is a part of staff KPI’s and is what they are marked on for R+R.

You running a potato or something? I have like 10 tabs minimum always open, use them as a reminder about what I am trying to get in game, like Xmog, toys and so on, than I open more for my quests and it is fine.

Or not, maybe it is the user and the PC combination. Popups are one thing, but malware, that stuff that installs itself on your PC, is for one protected by Windows Defender and secondly, cannot install itself unless you allow it in.

And that is done by two ways, first you remove your UAC and allow things to automatically install without warning and second is by manually accepting stuff by either clicking dodgy links or installing software that has been bugged.

1 Like

Again, I can have as many tabs open on any other site, please read.

2 Likes

And again, I can have as many wowhead tabs open, please read.

You see, this argument goes around in circles, you have issues when someone else doesn’t so maybe it is what you are doing because if the site really was bugged than no one would be using it.

Have you got popup blockers installed? Have you got your UAC turned on? Is Windows Defender working? Do have have any other virus software installed? Or have you done what some people do and turn it all of because the reminders and warnings got annoying since “There is no way I would do something wrong, it is always someone else’s fault if I am not protecting my PC.”

3 Likes

It’s not like the site is crashing my comp, calm tf down. All I said was I get a weird hiccup and then I just exit out of it, takes me 2 seconds. But w/e.

1 Like

So you are running a potato, got it. So you try using less tabs, see how much RAM is being used when you are doing whatever it is you are doing, because having any hiccups while having too many tabs open, that means either your ram is being used up, your CPU is lacking or the HDD is slow.

2 Likes

I submitted a bug report about the dragon time lady npc in Theramore not retaining player selection of zone time phase. This was months ago. To this day I port there and instead drop into a pit of suspended floating geometry and chairs. Its absolutely ridiculous that this hasn’t been fixed yet. I even remember Crendor coming across this years ago in a video. YEARS!

Neither do GMs.

4 Likes

Because in this day and age, expecting someone to care about customer satisfaction is secondary.

Welcome to the world of Activision Blizzard!

2 Likes

Since when? Since Burning Crusade. (Although it started out as “check Thotbot” initially.) WoW developers only create the quests, they don’t explain them. Maybe they can’t explain them … I don’t know. But the company has always referred the players to third-party sites for information as long as I can remember.

Talking to a Wow GM: Upwards of 5 day wait. Probably won’t actually be helpful, regardless of how nice they are about it.

Going to Wowhead: 5 minute search. Will almost certainly be helpful.

Hundreds of thousands, millions of players collaborating on a public site will always outweigh a handful of GMs. It is very common for customers (collectively) to know a product better than the product owners. Power in numbers.

This is how it is for virtually everything when it comes to knowledge about a game, service, product, etc. That’s why game companies do things like open the game up for Beta testing. Production / Live is just the most final, most public state, but it’s still the same principle.

4 Likes

As far as wowhead goes, last year things reached a boiling point because the parent company wasn’t checking the ad provider they used and some nasty malware ads were sneaking through.

I think at some point one forum goer with a background in this sort of thing has a conversation with some of the guys at wowhead and maybe resolved it.

These days all I hate about them is their constant efforts to break adblocker. Don’t know what their ads are like these days

1 Like

It is called a “copout”, the same as when they don’t know how to help you and suggest that you go to the forums and post about it.

They are cutting costs, that is what happened to live people answering your tickets.

2 Likes

how dare they engage in standard business practice.

/shakes cane

4 Likes

“The quest mob is in a different phasing” “Go to this site riddled with malicious ads” :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

since ppl used the phrase " Google it " :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I worked in customer service for about a decade, this isn’t standard.

2 Likes