Since when was "Check Wowhead" an acceptable answer?

Are we ignoring the entire point of the OP? Because from my understanding, they’re unsatisfied with being told by a GM ( which, might I remind you, is in the role of support in this case ) failing to deliver any form of adequate support and instead of giving the equivalent of “I don’t know, check WoWhead.”

Correct me if I misunderstood the role of a support ticket and those responsible for responding to them. So if said customer is unsatisfied with that support delivered then it’s not unreasonable to want improvement.

If you’re satisfied with lazy responses, you do you, but frankly, it’s disappointing.

It is shocking how often people find that response to be insulting IRL.

Hey pal, btw that GM who can’t help me with that problem of the quest being bugged? He helped me with the quest being bugged and auto completed it. Granted it was the second GM who did this because the first one gave me that copy pasted answer.

1 Like

Since when was “Check Wowhead” an acceptable answer?

Well, let’s see, what year is this?

1 Like

What malware? I’ve been using WoWhead for ages and have never encountered any malware. I also use uBlock origin and add blocker so I don’t even see any adds.

Being unsatisfied with a GM telling someone what they should do to fix their issue (look on WoWHead for the workaround is literally the solution) instead of magically fixing it is like getting mad at the plumber you called to fix your car. What did you want them to do about it? They don’t have a “fix this” button that they’re somehow withholding.

They told me to go to Wowhead to look for a workaround for a quest that was outright bugged. Just to humor the GM I went to Wowhead and you know what I saw? People saying open up a ticket and have a GM autocomplete the quest because there was no workaround or error on my part.

If you are just venting then fine, but although I haven’t encountered a bugged quest (that I couldn’t find a workaround for) in ages, if I did and couldn’t find a work around I’d simply report it and move on. I’m not a big fan of beating my head against a brick wall just because it won’t budge :wink:

I’ve been able to fix the few quests that have bugged out on me by dropping them and then picking them up again.

Since Thottbot got the axe.

1 Like

What quest?

I have never experienced that. All my interactions have been positive, even when they couldn’t correct my problem.

Maybe they are telling you it isn’t a bug?

Sometimes they do, it just takes a long time to get around to it. There was a longtime issue in Funggor Cavern in Zangarmarsh, where a mob was spawning underground. It would aggro on your character, but you couldn’t even target it to fight back. I had more than once instance of a character with no self-healing being unable to get out of the cave without dying to that thing.

I figured out it was an underground spawn and not an “invisible” mob because on one occasion I was on a toon with enough self-healing to stay alive, and got out of the cave. I ran down the path and out into open ground, and the mob materialized out of the side of the hill and I was finally able to target and kill it.

Anyway, having been back there a few times recently, it appears that they finally got that fixed.

In all seriousness, I think it’s ridiculous that a GM referred you to WoWhead.

I’d call Blizzard instead of filing a ticket. Do they still do that? I don’t even know.

Back in my day the response was “Check Thottbot”

It’s only wasting GM’s time if there’s something they can’t help you with. Sorry I don’t keep track of every bug/issue I run across in case I get grilled here in the forums.

I do expect a touch here and there from a
GM response after all they are there to help you not to cut and paste a response that may even not be what you asked about in the first place.

Here’s a cloth to buff up that shiny white armor of yours. :red_gift_envelope:

Ominous Portents

Well…you’re not going to want to hear this, but:

• It only became bugged as of 8.1, so it’s not like some bugs that have been hanging out for multiple expansions
  • Noted on Wowhead: “Though this quest can currently not be completed due to a bug (introduced in 8.1), this does not prevent you from obtaining ! As I Walk Through the Valley of the Shadow of Moon. ! Ominous Portents and its follow-up ! Soul Shards of Summoning are not part of the overarching plotline in Shadowmoon Valley.” - one imagines that this, and the notes that the bug has been reported, were the takeaways that the GM wanted you to get, here.

Many people have reported it as a bug, so somewhere it’s being tracked, but it’s likely a low priority as it doesn’t hinder progression and it’s for outdated content. One person says that they were able to get a GM to complete it for them, and probably similar to you they escalated their ticket.

It sucks to hear, but sometimes the thing you want to do for not really for any reason but for the sake of being a completionist just…doesn’t matter that much. Expecting a GM to follow you around and complete multiple non-game-breaking bugged quests for you that have workarounds (which is what you mentioned you were doing in your OP) is, I hope you can understand, unreasonable.

Good on you for pestering them into doing one for you, though. I’m sure everyone else who was truly game-breakingly stuck and had to wait appreciates it.

2 Likes

Hahahahahahahahhahahah please.

Not sure. Check Wowhead maybe?

2 Likes

A lot of times wowhead comments on a quest will have a work around. This is why it is suggested.

GMs cannot auto complete or work around a quest bug without direct authorization from the devs. There are many circumstances they have permission, like when you said they competed it. But there are many times their hands are tied. Hence suggesting wowhead.

1 Like