Since FF14 Dragon People are coming

I mean to basically sum up the lore here, academics believe Mi’qote evolved from cats however Mi’qote heatedly deny that to be the case.

Enough to hate it. Every bit I learn only makes me dislike it more. The whole Miqo’te naming nomenclature makes me gag.

I read the story if that’s what you’re talking about. I haven’t done any of the side quest stuff like beast tribes or whatever. All that stuff bores me to death. I also stopped reading the story because the uncanny valley/anime vibes are just too much.

Gameplay is alright
Endgame stuff is fun (Arguably a little too accessible… Folks can easily extend prog out by a month)
Story/lore is nothing to write home about.

1 Like

Wow! Sheep are the best! Although I wouldn’t want sheep people…I’d just have them be sheep.

They’d go around and baa at people, it’s great!

You had me for the first half. But bro, cat girls.

The actual lore for Miqo’te is massively cringe, though.

No thanks, we don’t need a game of sexual fetishes.

Those clubs are only legitimate if advertised on a billboard.

I love my lion boi. :purple_heart:

Hrothgar players ruined Hrothgar.

1 Like

I for one cannot wait for Hrothfems. I’d love to see FFXIV actually challenge a real-deal anthro race.

(Could’ve been Burmecians, y’know.)

The funniest thing about Au Ra in 14 is that they came out in the dragon expansion with all the dragons and SE was confused about it and went “What? No they’re supposed to resemble demons, they have nothing to do with dragons”

That’s what you generally get from a race that was only female at first.

Sun cats? Males are few and have to fight over which one of them is allowed to reproduce and be in charge. Moon cats are all about girl power and the men are still few, but they kick the boys out anyway until it’s time to reproduce, many just don’t come back and go somewhere where they’re wanted.

And a genuinely do cringe with all the male sun-cat players i see who take the surname “Nunh” as it denotes that he is the tribes “alpha male”. I’m just like, “Mmm, sure you are”

1 Like

For those who don’t know what I’m talking about in terms of Cat People I meant Miqo’tes from Final Fantasy 14 pretty much.

Eh, they’re being coy about it. The concept art was specifically for a draconic race. They just wanted to keep it ambiguous in-game.

Funnily enough, Au Ra are supposedly not draconic at all. According to their lore, many people assume they have draconic origins because of their appearance, but some scholars argue that isn’t the case. It’s actually speculated that they may have voidsent origins instead.

In lore, they deliberately keep it vague. You can allude to the demonic origins, but you need to rule out draconic origins or the Heavensward story falls apart.

In reality? They were designing a draconic/demonic race for the dragon expansion.

And the concept art is infinitely cooler than the actual implementation.

Edit: Also, knowing what we now know about the Thirteenth, we can pretty much rule out the voidsent origin.

Edit 2: A thought occurs… I partially take back the first edit. I doubt they’re going this way, but the current story does have potential to explore a jointly demonic and draconic origin.

1 Like

While this is true, they could still put in a bit more effort to making sure the sets look better on certain races. For example, there’s very few helmets I wear on my Tauren characters.

Either they need to bring the Tauren head up, out of our chest, or configure helmets so we don’t have a huge hump coming out of the back of the helm.

Also, would it kill them to give us some decent boots? Ankle warmers aren’t cutting it.

1 Like

Or, the worst part, if you aren’t wearing the armor that makes you look like a tin can as one of the buff cat dudes, every one /pet spams you in towns and it’s really damn creepy/rude

Worgen masculine body type has the same helm issue due to their hunched stature, and both worgen and vulp also have the boots issue too

That isn’t accurate at all. That was a single tribe of Xaela, the Hotgo. The Au Ra race as a whole was launched during HW (not Stormblood) and their creation story has never really been uncovered beyond the vague mentions of a third subrace that were the progenitors of the Raen and Xaela. The only other thing given on the Mythos of them are the stories of Azim and Nhaama.

That said, Drathyr are what Au Ra should have been as can be seen in the concept art that someone linked. To this day it is sad to see what they could have been vs what they are now.

It’s known that anyone RPing as a “Nunh” is purely trying to ERP and nothing else.

For those unaware, Nunhs are basically…ahem, breeders for Miqo’tes. While they are usually designated as the ‘leader’, their pure purpose is to breed with others so then others will get the ‘leader’ 's genetics.

This is 100% fact.

People did this with my Highlander even! No pets! Pets are banned!

Yeah, looking at the concept art and what could have been always makes me a bit sad lol. I think people have come up with a lot of really compelling theories over the years on why they think Au Ra do have draconic origins, despite what SE says. We’ll just probably never know the truth sadly. They like to dance around what the origins of races are vs. actually confirming anything (like mi’qote and the Fat Cat minion description).