Since FF14 Dragon People are coming

Dude, on that topic in the short time I tried 14 (seriously the leveling experience is mega garbo due to having to FORCE through the MSQ to not loose abilities/levels at points) I even saw people ERPing in friggin global/zone, place is 100% uncomfy to be

The Au Ra are not related to dragons in any way. In fact, in the lore this is likely to offend them if you suggest it, because an Au Ra tribe got slaughtered by Ishgard during the Dragonsong war because they mistook them for being related to Dragons.

Look into the Lalafell Allagan origin rabbit hole. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will admit that I’m not innocent to the realm of ERP, but people who are doing so in public, especially in public chat channels, should be reported. While the FF14 staff is more open to lewd behavior that is strictly against ToS and is just wrong in general. If you ever see that don’t hesitate on your report!

I have a saying that I like to use! “Lewd responsibly.”

I really enjoyed my time in FF14, may go back one day! I’m wanting to try out Dragonflight first, though!

Eh, I know a guy that spends 99% of his time “at home” crafting, but is also one of the best tanks I’ve ever seen when he actually engages in combat. He uses the surname Nunh, and I think it thematically appropriate for his playstyle and character. It also helps that he actually uses the old man face and doesn’t dress his character up like a Ken doll.

It may be because I played on Balmung, which has…a reputation. Guess you can call it the ‘Moon Guard’ of FF14! Anyway, every single person with ‘Nunh’ in their name were certainly wanting to establish themselves.

Not sure if they could play or not, sure many could! That was my experience with them, though. Really, every manqo’te I RP’d with ended with things being weird…

All this FF talk is making me want to start a free account and go through the game again! I never did the trial myself…

Still made me feel like I had whiplash by it cause of how blatant it was.

Then there’s the housing situation which everyone’s all ‘hey player housing’ but it’s legit a ‘barons only’ thing, and with the limited slots available for it, that’s absolutely the case, ESO does it better, but I think Wakfu/Wildstar(of all things) do it best, Wakfu is a ‘haven bag’ basically a super bag of holding you can upgrade for more space and even things like resource node planting for growable things like trees and crops, and Wildstar was a scifi style pocket demension, you could have even ore nodes and stuff in that one, but, they had a limited number of uses before being completely depleted, and, had a cooldown between harvests too

why are some of you obsessed so much with changing every game into the same thing your as bad as some of the wow devs cause you have none of your own imagination to just come up with something new pass.

As flawed as the housing system is in FF, it is really neat seeing what people come up with! Really creative people in the housing world!

I still wish for WoW to have some sort of housing system. Wish they took that from Wildstar instead of it’s ‘token’ system which worked in a similar way to WoW Tokens.

In all honesty, I think people that care enough about the lore to name their characters as such just see Tia and think “young, adventurous,” and see Nunh as “old, established.” There isn’t this strange connotation. But like you say… Balmung comes with its own rules. And billboards.

I think the biggest problem Wildstar had with getting off the ground was how AGGRESSIVELY it was monitized, like, at launch it had sub fee to play, cash shop for stuff, and even boosters/p2w type things, which is a shame as WoW really could learn some stuff from it in the realms of telegraphing and how to make leveling up feel really dang good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxxb8h8rSnk this shows the leveling up stuff in wild star and even spots with how clear the telegraphing for aoe zones was

I mean, kinda A lot of helms in WoW get really, really warped on some races. Put a headband on a race that doesn’t have a forehead and the result is…

Well, they’re not not going to let you wear it, at least.

Oh sweet God Emperor, why have you forsaken us?

1 Like

I’m a little salty my FFXIV bunny girl doesn’t have a fluffy bunny tail.

How in the world did you come to that conclusion with that raid storyline? That’s not even close to being accurate lol

To each their own. I love some of the racial naming conventions in FFXIV. Xaela are especially fun, since many of them take their tribal name as their surname and there are so many interesting tribes to choose from.

A couple examples:

Qestir - “This tribe refuses to speak, believing that all words are lies, and that a man’s actions are the purest form of communication.”

Tumet - “The children of the Tumet, upon seeing their tenth summer, are tied to a sacred tree while the remainder of the tribe packs up and moves to their next location. Those children who manage to break free from their bonds and catch up with the tribe at that next location, are given a name and allowed into the tribe.”

Ejinn - “A river tribe that chooses to swim from place to place rather than walk or take boats. It is said that members of the Ejinn can hold their breaths for up to a quarter bell, and will often migrate while almost completely submerged in order to avoid contact with hostile tribes.”

As long as they prioritize the cats, I’m down with whatever

that would be just too much, not even rule 34 could deal with it :rofl:

1 Like

Oh absolutely! Heaps of room for improvement. It irks me to no end that my worgen heritage armor of all things is rife with clipping issues due to their awkward shape. To me the solution was obvious: have the armor become torn and wrecked when in worgen form. It’s what they did with Genn in HotS.

shut up, meg.™

Seekers of the Sun miqo’te are literally based on lion prides. Patriarchal with one or two males in charge that oversee a group of females. Not sure how that’s cringe given that miqo’te are obviously cat-like. And Keepers of the Moon are the opposite of that by being matriarchal.

Most of the lore around FFXIV’s tribal races (Miqo’te, Au Ra, Viera, etc.) is actually based on real-world cultures and social structures. I don’t really find any of it to be shocking or “cringe,” but I also studied and loved anthropology in college so :woman_shrugging:

1 Like