Since FF14 Dragon People are coming

So Final Fantasy 14 Scaley Dragon People like Dracthyr are coming. I want to see Bunny and Cat People now. Like basically seeing little elf gnomes with pointy ears with giant blue ogre like races like Mok’thanal would be nice to see. It would be like World of Final Fantasycraft basically.

Please Blizzard. I really need Cat People so much after High Elves.

2 Likes

Bunny people are vulpera. Doggos are worgen. Cow people are tauren. Now we get dragon people. Cat people…Saberon from wod?

4 Likes

‘‘dragons’’

You mean human with a tail and ears slapped like every race but hrothgar?

4 Likes

See, one day in the future WoW and FFXIV will end up being the quintessential showdown between Furries and Weebs, gonna be fun.

1 Like

Wait, when were Au Ra announced?

+1 for catgirls

2 Likes

I feel like WoW doesn’t often get its due credit for just how wild and varied its playable races actually are. And I think that’s a shame. It’s also something I feel like a lot of people don’t take into account when they criticise some armor as looking real basic. That armor has to work on both a vulpera and a tauren!

5 Likes

Yeah it’s easy to make better looking armor when everything is just a human like all those asian mmos do.

Xiv tried to do a ‘‘beastly’’ race (not saying much it’s literally just a hairy roegadyn with a slight hunch) and it’s an absolute disaster of a race. It can’t even wear any hats, not even real $ ones while all the armor in wow works on every race.

1 Like

I mean, you’re not super-wrong, and I’d love more commitment to the bestial races, but that market really, REALLY does not like anthros that aren’t just basic beastfolk. Stuff like Beastars and BNA are very much out of the norm.

Coughs slightly while side-eyeing the Dracthyr

1 Like

Au Ra wish they were anywhere near as dragon as Dracthyr, they are trapped in their vestigial form because that’s what easiest.

1 Like

FF14 sucks and their race all sucks and World of Warcraft race is superior by design and looks and also the dracthyr race are a masterpiece compared to ANYTHING on FF14 that game has nothing on World of Warcraft.

1 Like

There you go
“Cat people”

4 Likes

What? We eat bunnies, we are foxes thank you! Reeee!

2 Likes

no, they are actually Virmen.

Virmen art - Hearthstone Wiki (fandom.com)

2 Likes

I am a Bowie fan, so seeing “cat people” makes me think of this song :

Maybe it can play in their racial hub.

These dragons are nothing like the scale/horn wearing FF14 race. No where near as human looking lol.

This is honestly the one reason I won’t play Hrothgar. Oddly enough the Undead hunch doesn’t bother me, probably because it’s part of the overall aesthetic.

But an FF race with a hunch? Just feels weird.

I wish that Au Ra were half as draconic as Dracthyr.

I love Au’Ra (Raen especially), but I doubt I’ll be playing a Dracthyr.

1 Like

Au Ra came with Stormblood, which was released alongside Legion ~5 years ago.

They’re not even dragon people, though. They have a weird and somewhat cringey origin where the reason they’re mysterious and no one knows where they came from is because the progenitors of their race were an already-existing Au Ra couple that were sent back to the past by the primal Alexander to close a time loop they started by summoning him.

Thank you for the spoiler, Lumineus.

Where is my rolled newspaper again? :imp: