Silver covenant faction as an alliance allied race topic

Many of the dialogues suggest that the High elves from Allerian Stronghold had a strong desire to return home to Quel’thalas, but were given the impression from Alliance adventurers that the Blood elves had thrown in their lot with Kael’thas. I’m sure once it became clear that this wasn’t the case, many of those High elves would be eager to see first hand what become of their homeland and people.

Astromancer Darnarian is an example of one of these High elves, as he bears the Scryer garb, and Blood elf voice lines, despite being a High elf himself. And this was a point in time before the Sunwell was restored.

Oh boy you sound fun at parties

I think the novel you went to lengths to write deeply reflects your own biases and is narcissistic and self-indulgent at best. Nothing you just wrote is based on facts and more just how you perceive things.

Example:
Fact: blood elves are horde (with some that are neutral), high elves are alliance (with some that are neutral).
Assumption: I think x number of high elves dont exist or joined the horde because x number of elves aren’t seen in game at x period of time.
^ is pretty much the entirety of your novel.

No need to be condescending just because someone wants to play a high elf.

2 Likes

Not a fact. The High elves actually officially left the Alliance under their King; that is a fact. High elves are neutral (with some that joined the alliance, and even some examples of them joining the Horde)

4 Likes

This is wrong and you can literally just google “wow high elf” to see that, but whatever helps you sleep at night.

“not all left the alliance. like 4 are still with us but will only work in secret behind the scenes and never on the battlefield. so there!”

Right, so where do the majority of High elves reside? It wouldn’t happen to be a neutral city would it? Why did all the “Alliance High elves” in Outland become neutral? Why did the High elves of Quel’lithien lodge decide to isolate themselves instead of joining the alliance? High elves officially left the Alliance under their king, any who decided to remain with the Alliance represent a small minority of the population.

Alliance High elves are few, and far between, hence why we saw literally zero examples of them as a force in Battle for Azeroth, you know, an expansion centered on the faction conflict. Modern High elves do not coordinate as a whole, or share common values or beliefs, they are a shattered people who’s goals vary from individual to individual.

4 Likes

This but make it optional. I know it’s not what you’re going for but I think it would be a compelling divergence for those who choose to embrace the void energies and the whispers and those who decide it was unwise and wish to take up the old ways of their people before the void, before Kael’thas and the fel and join the silver covenant. Basically it’d be a “return to nature” like movement, they’d reject both the corruption of the void as well as the lack of wisdom of their kin in Silvermoon over the years and embrace the Silver Covenant. Unfortunately I just cannot see Blizzard “destroying” a playable race entirely so this choice also lets them off the hook. For that matter it could require one to go through a questline just like unlocking void elves to unlock this choice which would further gate it from people which seems to be something Blizzard wants.

Of course one drawback of this solution is it still would not permit players who want to play for example paladins as high elves to do so owing to void elf racial restrictions.

1 Like

I didn’t write it, I simply copy pasted it.
Hence my statement: "These examples have been used multiple times; I am not the author of the complete following texts"

I pasted it to point out in a discussion that I’ve shared it before - and that I’ve been on both sides of the ‘High Elf’ Argument.

Your lack of insight with your immediate response, along with your complete automatic assumption reflects your own biases and is narcissistic and self-indulgent at best. Nothing you just wrote is based on facts and more just how you perceive things.

^ That’s quite literal, given the circumstance - Ironic as it may seem. lol

2 Likes

Void Elfs are Blood Elfs which are High Elfs. Majority of the High Elf population renamed themselves Blood elfs.

At the 45sec mark “Calling themselves Blood Elves…”

High Elfs are playable with in WoW. Majority of the race is on the horde and now a smaller faction calling themselves Void Elfs are now playable for the alliance.

With these options you can make a Elf that doesn’t look all void corrupted. This is probably the best you’re going to get and the request should be about getting more options to expand that.

Besides, I really don’t see them adding another Blood Elf model as a allied race to give slightly different class choices and racial abilities. I mean look how upset the player base got when they gave more horses to the faction that has three humans in the faction.

Can see it now: “Horde get a new allied race and we get another Blood elf model! Gosh Horde bias!”

We want it, i am not speaking for you. Why came up with this conclusion?

Exactly and correct. Players want alliance race that was in alliance since w3, not something from horde.

They do not. It’s different then Silver Covenant elves.

It’s about Silver Covenant faction elves.

Not enough , since we want SC elves, lore, their customization as they are shown ingame,.

They are not yet playable, only blood elves and void elves, but high elves remain not yet playable.

Thank You.

so apparently according to you, 1 void elf was enough to make allied race, but when we come to SC elves who were and are around alliance since every xpack, they are not enough?

They are not. We have in game 3 different factions.

That’s irrelevant since void elves happened, which are exact copies of blood elves. “Exiled blood elves”.

Except, their lore are different from the times blood elves chosen different path. Let’s get this correct not bias lies of yours.

This look like personal opinion loop of a broken record.

Precisely my thought.

1 Like

Oh look. The thread you were complaining over in Customer Support about it being deleted for being redundant has been restored.

It’s kind of hilarious, because over there you insisted that it wasn’t just yet another High Elf thread, and yet…

Nah, it totally is. It is, in fact, pretty much entirely a repost of the infamous “High Elf Megathread” under a new title.

6 Likes

Yeah high elves. This is a high elf thread.

So spam.

Cause there are already at least two active threads.

And countless others.

Heck you’ve had several deleted for being spam.

Weren’t you just in the mechagnome thread telling them they sucked today?

You don’t have a lot of room to talk.

5 Likes

I really appreciate the time and effort you put into this post, and providing clear statements. But Blizzard wont give the Alliance High Elves/Silver Covenant. Not after

A) Wasting that spot with Voidelves (I really hate this garbage dumpster fire race)
B) Giving Blood Elves the customization options to make themselves effectively High Elves.

I really really do want the race, because it made a whole hell of a lot more sense for High Elves to be with the alliance, than Blood Elves to be with the Horde. But, that’s what you get with big brain 4D chess moves like Bliz’s writing department.

They are the same race. There’s no dispute to that, it’s canon. If you want to disagree then you’re in denial & having your own narcistic arrogant view on it.

As stated, the title ‘Blood Elves / Sin’Dorei’ is merely political. Ideally Blood Elves can switch between the title of Blood Elf to High Elf whenever they feel like. In terms of race, they are 100% the same.

If we’re talking factions though, that’s a different subject.

As stated in a previous comment -

Additionally -

Nope. You’re wrong again.

Void Elves went through a physical / biological and magical change. They’re no longer High Elf // Blood Elf.

Prior to the transformation they weren’t yet Alliance they were simply exiled from Quel’Thalas - additionally they were Blood Elves & could change their titles to ‘High Elves’ as stated because there’s no difference between those two races. - They then went under transformation and such couldn’t be done because they’d become changed drastically.

Additionally, whether or not they had gone through the transformation, they joined under Alleria Windrunner’s wing, not Vereesa’s.

Not by much. They only chose a different path after the slaughter of 90% of their people, and decided not to honour the fallen by taking the new title ‘Blood Elves’. The portion of their kind that had left, had condemned the title; along with other means to ensure the kingdoms survival.

They may have chosen a different path, but their HISTORY is the same - Because like I said, they are literally the same race.

1 Like

Sorry, what’s all this?

False and a lie.

It is not, just because you say it is. This is about playable new allied race Silver Covenant faction.

Hi beauty,
It’s is silver covenant faction thread, want to get things right.

Looks like you are in denial here, because they are 3 different groups of elves. Void/blood /high.

Incorrect, they look exactly the same just using void powers.

it is not when they split and choose different paths to follow.

While it was not the main point in your complaint to the support forum you did bring up this thread during it.

Which are high elves.

So…High Elf thread.

This is a high elf thread and spam.

Three different groups that all hail from the same line of Thalassian Elf.

They’re all the same “race”.

That said Void Elves are not as close as the other two are, having been changed by the void ritual.

Oh wow, no they’re not actually.

Void Elves were physically and magically changed during the ritual that was interrupted.

The Void is now an intrinsic part of them.

Alleria also appears to have the void intrinsically linked within her as she too hears the whispers and a void form.

She of course took in a voided Naaru to gain that. Its a part of her now.

No, actually they do retain their shared history. They’re all still Thalassian they just might not all be High Elves.

Blood Elves and High Elves are the same exact thing, with no changes.

The only real difference between Blood and High is a political one.

Void Elves were blood elves that underwent a transformation into what they are now.

3 Likes

Dude.

Dude.

3 Likes

All of this nonsense over here.

No. Void Elves literally went through a cosmic change, that altered their very beings. So they are by definition, a different race.

The only difference between High Elves and Blood Elves is pretty much mood. They have different titles for political / honourary purposes only. High elves and blood elves are physiologically the same race, and the difference between the two titles is only political. When Quel’Thalas left the Alliance, some High Elves among them chose to remain with their allies over their kingdom, and to this day still support the Alliance. But they are still the same race. This is referenced in numerous ingame dialog, quests and other references, a few books and even if you look on WoWpedia.

Incase you’re confused in your arrogant denial - Faction and race aren’t the same.

Wrong, it was answered in Q&A @ Blizzcon. Void Elves were permanently transformed by the process.

If you choose to believe there’s no difference at all - then by all means, intents and purposes; this thread is concluded: Roleplay your Void Elf as a ‘High Elf’ of the Silver Covenant.

It is? History means the past Nelfas.

They may have chosen different paths, but the history that remains in the past - is held there. So whether they split or not, their story of the past is the same from a certain point onwards; aside from some small instances where they intersect again.