Silencing the Advisor : Bugged

months later its still bugged lmao

GUYS I FOUND SOMETHING THAT COULD HELP:
I was stuck on this too. I had spend several weeks trying to complete this quest and I just figured out how to do it today.
I thought that I was on the lowest level, where there were two Honorguards in the circle where Ko’Jan should have spawned, but it turns out, that isn’t the lowest level. On the opposite end of that level of the ship, there is another set of stairs leading down. I hadn’t seen these before and Ko’jan was there.
Hope this helps.

10 Likes

Concur, relog resolved issue. But an added note. As a mage do not teleport on that ship at any spot. It drops you at the bottom of the ship in water each time and you have to hop around until you appear inside the bottom again. ANNOYOING!!!

1 Like

so i’m now having this issue and nothing I do is working. HOW IS THIS STILL A PROBLEM BLIZZARD?

GUYS I FOUND SOMETHING THAT COULD HELP:
I was stuck on this too. I had spend several weeks trying to complete this quest and I just figured out how to do it today.
I thought that I was on the lowest level, where there were two Honorguards in the circle where Ko’Jan should have spawned, but it turns out, that isn’t the lowest level. On the opposite end of that level of the ship, there is another set of stairs leading down. I hadn’t seen these before and Ko’jan was there.

THIS worked. When I was up top, I could see the circle on the mini-map but there was no yellow dot in it, indicating that the mob was there. When I went all the way down to the actual bottom of the ship (which I didn’t know was there)… the yellow dot showed up and sure enough, there she was.

Thank you!

1 Like

Still bugged for me. Tried everything.

Broken for me too. Have tried everything people have said worked minus logging out and waiting an hour… How is this still a thing?

Update: After about an hour of logging in and out I discovered that writing an angry Tweet at Blizzard magically fixed it.

Broken for me as well on my warrior, charging and heroic leaping clear through the ship, mob not spawning.

Broken for me as well. Trying multiple variations of logging in and out to fix it.

Having done this a few times, I noticed today that my ground target spells couldn’t find a path when I arrived on the ship, and wyrmbane was swimming around under it… I wonder if the physics model gets out of sync and the target MOB falls through it and despawns.

I know this is an old thread, quest is still bugged. Come on blizz fix this already.

OMG you just saved my life. I have been trying for hours and this is a second day me trying… I did exactly the same mistake you did. Thank you!!! <3

1 Like

This quest is STILL bugged over 5 months later. Blizzard Development team is slacking hardcore.

WOW. how is dis still bugged. come on man

Old thread, still same issues. It’s not like you need to complete this quest to continue the main storyline of the entire expansion or anything.

Its October 20th… quest still bugged for me

bugged for me too. big thing is I am a warlock. all my minions were spawning below deck. so they could not help me.

On the other side of the boat there is another bottom level entrance…the arrow is wrong

2 Likes

Still bugged after a year. Seriously how hard is it to fix this within a year. I’ve done every combo of abandoning the quest and logging and still wont work. People pay money for this?

1 Like

Still bugged to this very day. I have spent 3 days trying to complete this. I have done everything from relogging numerous times, turning War Mode on and off, exiting the game completely, joined a group from another server, etc. I managed to target the advisor using /tar Advisor and manage to kill them under the floor. Now my problem is with the NPC that I turn the quest into. They’re also under the floor and unable to turn in. Can someone get this fixed already? It’s been over a year.

I finally got it. Use my instruction above. When the Advisor is dead use the void to go back to Atal’Dazar. Start swimming or walking to the ship mounted. The NPC will spawn next to you mounted as well. Turn in and head back to the ship for the rest of the questing.