Significant Hunter Bugs

• Feign death is not working reliably, on the off chance it does work it sometimes takes 0.5 - 1.0 seconds before you actually drop combat.

• Mob leashing; hunters have to leash mobs twice because if its aggro’d onto your pet once it “leashes” off your pet it will reset onto the hunter or vice versa. So you essentially have to leash everything twice.

• Melee leeway; it was not this big a range in actual vanilla, any pvp video with players with low ping demonstrates that what we see in classic wow is too far.

• Quiver visual bug; most of the time you can’t see your melee weapon, instead the quiver will always show on your back / in your hand.

• Hunter minimum ranged attack distance still seems off (too long).

• Scatter/Trap sharing DR; for the vast majority of vanilla wow and all of TBC these abilities did not share DR. The patch note reads “Freezing Trap now shares DR with similar abilities” scatter is not a “similar ability”

• Pet responsiveness; pet commands feel very sluggish

• Hunters mark; constantly pulsating. Also does not appear to keep a rogue visible if they restealth & causes pet to disengage.

• Pet movement is very erratic; when you move/strafe around the pet seems to take very wide movements rather than staying right by your side / behind you

35 Likes

I don’t ever recall Scatter / freezing trap being on the same DR at any point during Live Vanilla - Wrath when I played. In fact I don’t even think it became an issue until Legion/BFA?

4 Likes

Blizzard have claimed on the forums that scatter/trap sharing DR is “blizzlike” because of “muh reference client” even though it was confirmed to be a bug and didn’t share DR for the vast majority of vanilla and TBC.

11 Likes

fein death does not drop from combat like it should.

We should drop combat regardless of what our pet / party members are doling

they need to fix this ASAP

5 Likes

Feign Death is the most important of all of these bugs. The delay is much longer than you stated by the way. 3 seconds is normal.

2 Likes

Hunters pets are also doing much less damage while the mob is moving due to the positioning of the pet. I watched a mob parry and block my pet multiple times while I was kiting. The ironic thing was anytime I used concussive shot to slow the mob would the pet finally do normal damage.

3 Likes

most important is feign death to trap or eat or drink just doesny work at all in pvp,sometimes in pve

1 Like

bumpity bump

Viper Sting doesn’t stack with other Hunters.

2 Likes

Also add that hunters mark does not force rogues to remain visible to the hunter when they stealth/vanish. Because they disappear this also causes your pet to disengage which is also not blizzlike.

5 Likes

that never stacked

Auto shot is buggy, I’ve tried nuking addons and a range of macros, still wont fix.

4 Likes

Yes they did

I have seen and felt all of these things. Feign, Leashing, and Melee being the top annoyances for me. Quiver i can deal with and its funny to have a Swiss Army Quiver. Scatter/Trap sharing DR- Will become a problem in late game. Minimum Range has caused some issues, but I’ve worked around it for the most part.

GL out there Hunters.

I’ve also noticed this. The worst is when the pet decides to play ring around the rosie and does no actual damage. Anyone know if these issues where active in the initial launch? I started playing right after fist expan.

1 Like

Viper sting ABSOLUTELY stacked in the original un-altered World of Warcraft 1.12 client (which, by the way, you can still use to play on private servers to verify how certain class abilities worked, whether illegal or not).

2 Likes

Private servers are a poor reference for official Vanilla. Blizzard didn’t give them their software. It’s all reverse-engineered, which is based off what other players think they experienced. This isn’t always accurate. They all can also alter the experience any way they wish which makes them even less credible to compare to.

1 Like

Reading through these comments I have to laugh a little because a majority of these are not bugs, (well maybe they were bugs in vanilla as well) they are actually how things were. FD did not always work and if your pet was in combat, you were too after perhaps a brief pause or pending the situation. Sometimes mobs will resist the FD and you will die for it while lying on the ground. The aggro thing is normal, mobs will leash twice; that was how vanilla worked. Quiver display was also buggy back then, although it sounds like the opposite of what happened back then is happening now.

Oh and restealthing rogues sounds like a fix TBH. It was buggy AF for rogues in vanilla because you would stealth and the pet would stay on you, which as both a hunter and rogue player I never agreed with.

1 Like

Everything you said is wrong. You literally didn’t play vanilla if you think that’s how it was.

7 Likes

Didn’t hunter’s mark keep a rogue from skulking away in TBC as well? It’s been a while, but i’m pretty sure it did. Unless they used the Cloak of Lol (Cloak of Shadows).

At least until they nerfed it and the radius of flares because Blizz seems to think that a prepared and vigilant hunter is unfair to a class that can literally turn invisible.