*sigh* It's gonna be Genn, isn't it

Inevitable Turalyon going light crazy is probably all we will get.

Anduin will come back and everyone will be happy and we will fight the bad light people

Turalyons waifu will cry for a bit, possibly go void crazy., but that crazyness will be beneficial somehow to us beating the baddie.

Poorly implemented cutscene plays

2 Likes

I honestly expect Blizz to somehow villain bat Lor’Themar or Baine before they even attempt to write an Alliance character that is neck deep in an immoral swamp.

3 Likes

No I don’t think so.

At this point it’s most been set up for Turalyon.

He’s in a perfect heel turn position.

He’s been given control of the alliance due to Anduin’s absence and it’s not guaranteed that he’ll return it since the nobility believe he’s a better leader

4 Likes

She was literally keeping Anduin prisoner though.

I don’t necessarily blame him in that respect for overreacting.

And really in the books, Varian has developed as a character and has learned to control his temper.

3 Likes

He what now

One moment lemme double check

Edit: Okay found it. Lemme just copy / paste. He does plead to not imprison but dude still chose The Light over her

500 Nether-years later, Turalyon had become the High Exarch of the Army of the Light. Though they had spent centuries opening rifts to make hit and run attacks on Argus, the Legion had finally enacted barrier generators to block their rifts. Following a failed assault to try and shut down the barriers, the assassin from Draenor–now reborn from within the Twisting Nether–snuck aboard the Xenedar and ambushed Turalyon, stabbing him and Lothraxion with a dagger that cut them off from the Light and prepared to trap Turalyon’s soul within a soulstone. He gloated that Alleria was alive as the Legion’s prisoner, and that she would share his fate, their souls imprisoned for all eternity. He was saved by the unexpected arrival of Alleria, who had received a vision of his torment while training to wield the Void. Alleria drove off the assassin, but could not stop the soulstone from draining Turalyon’s soul. She instead used the Void to rip the assassin’s poison out of Lothraxion, who saved Turalyon’s soul and cleansed the poison from him in turn. Turalyon warned her to leave, as Xe’ra would not accept her use of the Void, Alleria refused to leave. When the naaru arrived, Turalyon pled for mercy for Alleria. When Alleria refused to renounce the Void, Xe’ra imprisoned her. Though Turalyon’s thoughts were conflicted, he was comforted knowing that he would always trust and fight for Alleria, and she for him

2 Likes

…what? She saved his life and he still just let her be imprisoned by Xe’ra damn girl I would of told him to get lost after that like what the hell.

I think Tom Wambsgans

I would have been more worried about this happening if they didn’t turn Genn into Anduin’s royal bootlicker. He’s not very interesting, at this point.

I mean… it should have been Genn already in Wow.

It still blows my mind that Genn even has a priviledged position in the Alliance after what he has done in the past. He is sitting in Stormwind, a place that he only sent a token regiment for defense just to not be accused of breaking an agreement and refused to send funds to rebuild. Walled up his own kingdom and cursed his entire people… Why is he even a leader?

1 Like

Alliance needs to catch up with the Horde.

It can be both Genn and Turalyon.

5 Likes

genn is dumber than a sack of bricks he chase after sylvanas when he supposed to be fighting legion and put entire war effort in danger cause he butthurt over his sons death and possibly cause varians death because of it. totally worth it genn greymane take entire air fleet to try and kill one elf.

3 Likes

Hopefully he becomes a simple quest villain that gets massacred tens of thousands of times. He deserves it.

3 Likes

The Horde after Grommash and Sylvanas: sucks, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Idk my money is on Turalyon

1 Like

I don’t know if they’ve got the nards to do an Alliance Leader Falls to Evil and Hubris storyline for real, and not just a temporary bout of justified anger. If they did, though, my money’s on them finally going through with a Tyranny of the Light plotline like they’ve been hinting at for a long time with Turalyon as at least a midboss.

And then the usual “The Old Gods Were Behind It All Along” endboss.

1 Like

Force isn’t needed to make him go Scarlet Crusade on everyone. He’s always been shady. Frankly, I’m waiting for him to actually join the Scarlet Crusade and them be the main antagonists of their own expansion.

Are we talking about the same Turalyon?

The one whom told Anduin they should let the Light guide them, but not control them? The one whom, despite being on Azeroth less than a year, changed his mind about the Forsaken the moment new information was presented (Alonsus Foal proving he wasn’t some soul put into the corpse of his mentor, but actually his mentor’s soul bound to his mentor’s corpse)? The one whom cautioned against an invasion of Zandalar after Zandalari arrows were found in SI:7 Agent corpses fired in a way only Dark Rangers could? The one whom has been striving to maintain and build on the peace between the Alliance and Horde since the Fourth War ended?

I feel like people don’t know this character at all and just want Zealot to smack down.

That said, I won’t be surprised if Turalyon becomes a raid boss, but if Blizzard intends to do his character justice, then he’ll just be a puppet of Xe’ra, mind and personality and soul completely wiped blank, leaving nothing of the noble man behind. In short, he’d have died long before he started any conflict with the Horde.

And yes, I am aware of his participation in the torture of civilians during the search for Sylvanas. That said, it wasn’t as if he was enjoying it in the slightest, compared to actual zealots like the Scarlets who got off on that sort of thing.

4 Likes

I mean, it wouldn’t be the least foreshadowed. And I’m not sure I’d blame him really. He wouldn’t even be the first. Jaina beat him to it.

1 Like