Shyness, anxiety, depression, toxic community

P
02/26/2018 12:53 PMPosted by Crythien
I've been a loner most of my WoW days. Solo is fine when leveling, but there comes a point where you just need some companionship. So, I leave and come back, time and time again. But never truly enjoy the depth of the game due to toxic people. I try to do dungeons but always feel like I'm messing up everyone else. I work hard at maximizing my dps and learning what I need to learn. But the fear of upsetting others while I'm trying to learn dungeon content keeps me from enjoying some great parts of this game. Which is what led me to this thread. I enjoy this game so much and I want to do dungeons without feeling so overwhelmed. I basically have an empty friends list and just hoping to find some good people to enjoy this game with. I am on Stormrage US server. I am online quite a bit. My guild is not very active and none have really talked to me much, so I'm just looking for some friends. I do not use bad language, so please don't friend me if you do. It's your choice if you want to, but it's my choice not to and I'd rather be able to play and not have to listen to constant cursing.

BT Crythien#1236
Discord Crythien#3436

Hey Crythien#1236 awesome post. I too have played off and on since wotlk because of the toxic people and losing my guild and had no luck with any new guild I have joined. When i start playing back in the vanilla days it was so much more fun and I miss those days. I am in the process of coming back in the next two weeks my btag is pappatank#1863
@Worgbane Thank you for starting the community!

I'm returning after 10 years and I don't know anyone that plays. I would enjoy talking with adults and getting into a helpful community of likeminded people.

btag: kansaskyle#1965
Discord: kansaskyle#2040
Cyberdog#1602

I am on almost everyday playing solo like a poor soul :( Add as you wish!
Although I will be moving over to Vanilla when/if it comes out.
This sounds like a nice idea. I've been playing off and on for a long time. I usually end up playing a bunch at the start of an expansion, but then losing interest due to not really having friends that play much. So yeah, being part of a community like this would be great. Feel free to add me :)

btag - Nox#1479
Discord - Nox#7792
SamTheNoble#1906 I recently started a fresh account. Been playing off and on since Legion came out. So far, only a handful of friends stuck around, but even them don't talk or do anything anymore. This thread really resonates with me. I always want to play World of Warcraft, but I feel so alone in a game that has millions of players. I try to chat among the players I do see, but I hardly get responses and if I do, they are normally troll responses. I hope to get acquainted with more of you. I'll even settle with one good person to chat with at this point. I really don't want to quit the game over a social matter.,SamTheNoble#1906 I recently started a fresh account. Been playing off and on since Legion came out. So far, only a handful of friends stuck around, but even them don't talk or do anything anymore. This thread really resonates with me. I always want to play World of Warcraft, but I feel so alone in a game that has millions of players. I try to chat among the players I do see, but I hardly get responses and if I do, they are normally troll responses. I hope to get acquainted with more of you. I'll even settle with one good person to chat with at this point. I really don't want to quit the game over a social matter.
xjimmmy#1190 btag
Jfilippou #1511 discord

I've returned after 1 year with getting married renovating a house etc all the growing up people stuff :P

I would love to find friends to play with or even a guild!!
Duangerous#1437

Trying this game after an 8 year vacation. Looking for a new server.
B.Tag is Elysium#11308
My Discord is Elysium#0001

I get spiked surges to play WoW. I'll play for weeks on end, and nothing else and sometime's I'll take a break for a few weeks and won't touch it.
I've been farming Argussian Reach rep and leveling the rest of my alts to 110 before Legion, but if anyone is wanting to join anything, I'm down for anything. :)
Have both a 110 DK BE, but all my other 110's are alliance.
I've mostly been playing alone. Mostly because I play on and off due to various reasons. I don't dungeon much or raid because of the toxic community and shyness/anxiety. I'd like to get past that but it's rough. Believe it or not I was once very active in raiding and stuff but that has declined. Anyway, I'd love to join your discord community if you'd have me. I'm not on all the time.

Discord: Grimson#4165
Hello.

I will be returning as well and this sounds awesome! I would love to be a part of this if you will have me. My BTag is Ramsay#1122.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.
I'd love to be a part of this.

As someone with clinical depression/social anxiety it's always been really hard for me to find anyone to play with or to make friends in this game.

I've been playing since BC and just came back from a longish break. I have max level toons on both horde and alliance, so faction isn't an issue for me. I also don't mind xfering if there's some kinda guild going along with this :).

My BTag is Shape430#1168
I've sent friend requests to all the new posters.

We're still looking to grow our community, so feel free to leave your info in this thread or to contact me directly.

Worg
Btag: Worgbane#1877
Discord: Worgbane#9655
Hey,
I usually get these urges to play WoW and play for months but I really don't have anyone to play with nor do i know everything about the game so i would love to group up with some folks and just have a good time. I have 2 horde 110s and im down for anything!

Btag: ElementMars#1654
Discord: ElementMars#7350
I’d love an invite, sounds like a great idea!

Discord: Docjoe#9352
BT: Docjoe#1266
Been playing off and on for years, always keep my sub up to date but just haven't been into the game for awhile until now. Working on finishing legion pathfinder up right now, and then I will start prepping for BfA.

I am alliance! I play on Tich - however I am on east coast time. Just looking for nice people to talk with and stuff while playing or just hanging out in chat.

lagg#6918 discord
brett#1978 btag (not my birthyear lol, blizz let me change my dang btag name!)
06/03/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Adventurz
Been playing off and on for years, always keep my sub up to date but just haven't been into the game for awhile until now. Working on finishing legion pathfinder up right now, and then I will start prepping for BfA.

I am alliance! I play on Tich - however I am on east coast time. Just looking for nice people to talk with and stuff while playing or just hanging out in chat.

lagg#6918 discord
brett#1978 btag (not my birthyear lol, blizz let me change my dang btag name!)

Same here, my btag # is definitely not my age... lol
I've sent friend requests to all new posters... With the pre-patch out and the xpac coming next month, this is a perfect time to find friends to play this game with...

Still accepting requests, so if anyone is interested, please leave your info here, or contact me directly...

Happy Adventuring,

Worgbane

btag: Worgbane#1877
Discord: Worgbane#9655
Ive played on and off since vanilla and just came back after 2 years break. So i missed all of legion and looking forward to BFA. Anyway looking for more people to play with as most of the time I run around alone.
Battletag: Paine#1657
Unfortunately, that is the community that Blizzard has fostered with some of the changes they made.