Shyness, anxiety, depression, toxic community

Empty friend list, empty btag list, empty guild or no one ever online, uneasy starting conversation. There are way too many to list all the reasons why most of us play alone.

Unfortunately, as most of us know, finding nice people has become a bit of an issue due to the toxic behaviour of a very small portion of the player base. Most of us just stay quiet for fear of getting kicked out by those disruptive kids, or insulted, and so on.

I've started a community on Discord and hoping to find more like-minded people interested in joining us. You know, people who can speak in full sentences, people who don't need to swear every 2nd word, people who can go for hours without insulting others, people who actually like to help out, etc... In short, a nice community.

No need to transfer toons, to reroll, or change anything you do. We get together on Discord to chit-chat (mostly text), or to form groups, to get help or to help out. If you are as bored of playing alone as some of us are, feel free to join us. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of faction, level, ilvl, experience, etc.

Please post your btag in here and I will check the thread regularly to add you. By posting in here, others may also friend you or you can friend some and you'll gather your own list of friends.
If you prefer not putting your info in here, you can contact me directly on btag or in Discord.

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon.

Cheers,

Worgbane

btag: Worgbane#1877
Discord: Worgbane#9655
38 Likes
Aku#12971

I am going to be returning to the game here shortly and my friend list is quite empty these days. I play both horde and alliance. (also I am pleased they allow posting now without having a sub...was always awkward trying to find relevant game info without being able to post.)
10/11/2017 03:09 PMPosted by Mutski
Aku#12971

I am going to be returning to the game here shortly and my friend list is quite empty these days. I play both horde and alliance. (also I am pleased they allow posting now without having a sub...was always awkward trying to find relevant game info without being able to post.)

Thank you. I just sent you a btag friend request. If you didn't get it, try again on btag, or contact me in Discord.

Worg

I think mine is #OrganicSpoon1979

Really just kinda lookin for people to play with. Been playing off and on for the last couple months and before returning hadn't been around since probably late 2009 early 2010. So nobody I know plays anymore and that's kind of a bummer, specially since I've been trying really hard to actually get back into the game.

A community like the one you described would be excellent and I hope more people are interested in joining it.
1 Like
10/14/2017 09:11 AMPosted by Yalldve
I think mine is #OrganicSpoon1979

Really just kinda lookin for people to play with. Been playing off and on for the last couple months and before returning hadn't been around since probably late 2009 early 2010. So nobody I know plays anymore and that's kind of a bummer, specially since I've been trying really hard to actually get back into the game.

A community like the one you described would be excellent and I hope more people are interested in joining it.

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in checking out our community. I just sent a btag friend request to you. I used OrganicSpoon#1979, as that would be the right format. Let me know if you did not get it.

As far as more people joining, there is and will be. 23 new members added since I started this thread and more showing up everyday. That makes the community 73 members strong and growing fast.

We're still looking for more so anyone interested can either leave their btag/Discord info in this thread, or you can contact me directly.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Worg

I'm willing to add anyone and everyone on this list, truth be told. I don't play as much as I used to simply due to work, diverse responsibilities and that the community just doesn't stay very solid. So many come and go and it feels very solitary when you get back and have to start all over again. So anyway to connect, let's rock.

#Perim1910
10/14/2017 06:35 PMPosted by Orgatsa
I'm willing to add anyone and everyone on this list, truth be told. I don't play as much as I used to simply due to work, diverse responsibilities and that the community just doesn't stay very solid. So many come and go and it feels very solitary when you get back and have to start all over again. So anyway to connect, let's rock.

#Perim1910

Hi Perim,

I just sent you a btag request (sent to Perim#1910). Let me know if you did not get it.
As for adding people, you might want to check out the thread (same title) in General Discussion, as there are a lot more responses there.

There are also quite a few of us in the Discord community, so don't hesitate to check us out.

That goes for everyone. We welcome anyone who likes to play with people in a safe and polite environment. You can bring your friends and families too. No need to leave them behind. :-)

Happy Adventuring everyone,

Worg

Hi, started playing 1 month ago and don't know anyone who play.

So I've been playing alone for a month now and it's like there's something missing but I don't want to add no one because I often think people judge because I'm something having difficulties with the game.

Anyway if you would like to add me batmankush#1749 is my btag :)
10/14/2017 09:08 PMPosted by Batmankush
Hi, started playing 1 month ago and don't know anyone who play.

So I've been playing alone for a month now and it's like there's something missing but I don't want to add no one because I often think people judge because I'm something having difficulties with the game.

Anyway if you would like to add me batmankush#1749 is my btag :)

Thanks for the interest.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of people like you describe, but there are also a ton of nice people in this game. They/we have been quiet for years, mostly keeping to ourselves.

That is one of the thing that our community is looking to change. We cater to the nice people, those who want to have fun and chat while playing this great game.

I sent you a btag friend request, let me know if you did not get it.

We are still looking for new members, so anyone interested in meeting more like-minded people can certainly add their info here. You may contact me directly also if you prefer.

Thanks everyone,

Worg

BattleTag: NeonMonk11851
If you can't find me, try zazen#11254 since I just changed it.

Discord: NeonMonk#3516

I'm definitely looking for people to talk and play with. I'm also up for some Overwatch matches! Agreed, it's hard to find a solid community in WOW but I've been lucky to not have a toxic experience with other players.

I'm all PVE in WOW so don't expect me to PVP.
This is an excellent idea. I'd love to meet some of you, and make friends with you all :)

Battletag: Neltharious#1778
Discord: Gawerty#9621
I agree, this is an excellent idea! I'd love to join and get to know some of you too :) And for anyone looking for friends and company feel free to personally add me :)

Btag: Lupa1214#11147
Discord: Lupa (Derezzed)#2672
Hi everyone,

Another long maintenance, leaving thousands of us without one of our favorite games to play. A lot of us flock to the forums while waiting for servers to go back up.

Perfect time to remind everyone that we are still looking to add more people to our Discord community. We accept any person who wants to have fun and chat while playing Blizzard games on their computers. Some of us even play other games also while chatting.

Feel free to join us or come check us out if you would like to be part of a friendly community to chat with, or do group content, or any other activities in-game. You can either leave your info in this thread, or contact me directly if you prefer.

Hope to meet some of you soon,

Worgbane

10/17/2017 07:49 AMPosted by Worgbane
Hi everyone,

Another long maintenance, leaving thousands of us without one of our favorite games to play. A lot of us flock to the forums while waiting for servers to go back up.

Perfect time to remind everyone that we are still looking to add more people to our Discord community. We accept any person who wants to have fun and chat while playing Blizzard games on their computers. Some of us even play other games also while chatting.

Feel free to join us or come check us out if you would like to be part of a friendly community to chat with, or do group content, or any other activities in-game. You can either leave your info in this thread, or contact me directly if you prefer.

Hope to meet some of you soon,

Worgbane

Sent you a friend request on Discord.
Really good idea this. I find not only a small amount of people ingame but themost of them incredibly nasty, or greedy, or selfish, or unhelpful etc and I rather go it alone that be insulted if I do anything wrong during dungeon (i.e. never play healing Priest again) and try to avoid groups unless absolutely forced to do so.

People say why then go multiplayer but that is old hat, because you could never play a singleplayer game for what now, Wow has been at least ten years.

Unfortunately the whole world has become a lot like the people on Wow, as an older person I am shocked at how rude and horrible the youth are today, and strangely they are taught that 'you have your rights'....etc, like kids taking parents to court or stay seated on a bus when a very old or disabled person needs a seat.

In fact in truth I am GLAD to be old and hopefully die soon because today's world is just horrible. Why do I hide in gaming and never go anywhere when it is all the same!
2 Likes
10/11/2017 02:50 PMPosted by Worgbane
Empty friend list, empty btag list, empty guild or no one ever online, uneasy starting conversation. There are way too many to list all the reasons why most of us play alone.

Unfortunately, as most of us know, finding nice people has become a bit of an issue due to the toxic behaviour of a very small portion of the player base. Most of us just stay quiet for fear of getting kicked out by those disruptive kids, or insulted, and so on.

I've started a community on Discord and hoping to find more like-minded people interested in joining us. You know, people who can speak in full sentences, people who don't need to swear every 2nd word, people who can go for hours without insulting others, people who actually like to help out, etc... In short, a nice community.

No need to transfer toons, to reroll, or change anything you do. We get together on Discord to chit-chat (mostly text), or to form groups, to get help or to help out. If you are as bored of playing alone as some of us are, feel free to join us. Everyone is welcomed, regardless of faction, level, ilvl, experience, etc.

Please post your btag in here and I will check the thread regularly to add you. By posting in here, others may also friend you or you can friend some and you'll gather your own list of friends.
If you prefer not putting your info in here, you can contact me directly on btag or in Discord.

Looking forward to meeting some of you soon.

Cheers,

Worgbane

I sent a friend request on discord. I recently bought the expansion and added game time again, now I want to be part of a community and make friends to play with and have fun times doing dungeons and raids, and perhaps some pvp too ^^

My Btag is Kimera#1315
10/17/2017 06:37 PMPosted by Bladehackney
I sent a friend request on discord. I recently bought the expansion and added game time again, now I want to be part of a community and make friends to play with and have fun times doing dungeons and raids, and perhaps some pvp too ^^

My Btag is Kimera#1315

Hi Kimera,

Thanks for your interest. Sorry it took a little while but I accepted your btag and Discord requests and sent you the link to our Discord server.

Hope to see you soon,

Worg

H0tmilk#1537

I am just coming back from a very long break over a year I think.
I have a level 100 horde rogue. any suggestions or play advice would be great.
@Worgbane

Thank you so much for this thread. It's been a little lonely and daunting for me lol.

I have just come back to WoW after being away for a VERY long time ( Haven't played since WOTLK >.>) I'd love to be able to meet some new people to play with. I've been a bit apprehensive to put myself out there to look for any guilds, simply because I'm so far behind everyone.

I have rolled a DH because I wanted to try it out, and experience some of Legion, but I thoroughly enjoy playing my shaman. She is so undergeared by today's standards, but if anyone is willing to take me in, and show me the ropes, so to speak, I know I'd be a viable member of any guild. I just need a little help in getting to that point :)

I realize it would be a big step back to help someone as noobish as me lol! , but rest assured, I'm wiling to do what it takes to get on par with everyone else so I can be of help.

I'm not too into PVP, but I'm always up for running dungeons and raiding. I'm either on my shaman (Elleyax) or my DH (TempesttMoon), so any of you feel free to add me, and hope to see you in-game :)

Edit: I just realized most of you are Horde, whereas I'm Alli..Oh well lol!
thump#1842 BT
thump#7881 Discord

Haven’t played regularly in a few years, just getting back into the game... not sure I’ll ever catch up on everything I’ve missed, lol. It’s a totally different game now