Shred of Insanity Nerf in BGs?

I never liked raiding and I am not all that thrilled with this patch, but I don’t complain cause I like the game. I was very excited to see you can get Shreds of Insanity on BGs and World PvP and arenas because I always felt Blizz left out people who don’t raid in upgrading their profession gear. On my Dh I got the 20 Shreds after just 4 BGs and my Hunter I noticed it dropped off a little, was getting like 3 a BG (including the one for winning) and I was…ok that’s fine, but on my 3rd Alt I have only gotten 1 Shred for the BG win and none during the BG. Its seems they nerfed the amount given. Anyone else seeing this or is my mage just “unlucky”?

1 Like

Complaining doesn’t mean you don’t like the game.
Complaining could mean that you still find enjoyment but you’re disappointed that the game you once loved is swirling the toilet bowl because of ActiBlizz’s abysmal decisions and direction of the game.

12 Likes

Idk if it’s been nerfed.

My priest here only got 4 shreds from doing 3 Bgs

First one I got 3, then the next 2 BGs I only got 1 shred. I think it’s just really random

I have only got 1 from 6 -7 games both random and epics.

I think you just got lucky with your first toon.

Variation of RNG which is what RNG is.

Actually I think my count is wrong , yesterday itself I played 4 games . It’s more like 1 from 10 games since I got the quest .

1 per win and an additional 1 every third

Skirms are a pretty consistent free shred on win. Can always find a buddy and grind them out that way. Matches are quick.

I get the hint you sound like you’re talking from personal experience lol. I feel your pain…

1 Like

I haven’t gotten one since tuesday from HKs and i’ve played dozens of BGs.

Currently at 82 all from Bgs. I used to get 1 or 2 from a BG, now nothing.

2 Likes

Randoms i would get 1 a win with sometimes 1 during the bg and epics i would get bewteen 4-7 ran a ashran earlier and only got 1 lol.

leave it to blizz to nerf another thing

Shocker

1 Like

They definitely changed something. The night before reset/maintenance, i was farming shreds and ended at 100/200. All this week I can barely get 10 and those were just from BG wins. I have done numerous BGs with 100s of kills. I have done BG - HK, WPVP - HK with not getting any. I have an open ticket with a 2 day response time.

Gm Response: “I did some digging into this for you to see what’s going on with Shreds of Insanity not dropping from arena wins or HKs that youve been picking up. It appears though that, after looking into this, Shreds of Insanity are not guaranteed drops from the above mentioned, however we can only recommend to keep at it and hope the RNG picks up for you!”

2 Likes

Yup, even losing a BG could net you one, now you have to win.

You get more from Rated BGs

yeah I think they nerfed it, I did 12 BGs today…random and epic random and only won 2 BGS…yeah sucks lol…but only got 2 Shreds and had 12 killing blows and 95 honor kills in one of the loss BGs and no Shreds…they nerfed it.

3 Likes

These recipes have to last you 10 more months.

They aren’t going to just let you finish them a couple weeks after the patch drops.

1 Like

I wish I had spammed BG’s when they were dropping h a lot . As usual I missed the bus.

1 Like

171 HKs in AV, no shreds until the win. Funs over folks. You want that mythic ilvl you better get raiding.

It’s not too hard, it’s 10 shards per heroic boss .

But I thought this season it would be easier with the BG’s as that’s what I typically do everyday . Guess not .

What’s this shred of insanity? And what’s it used for?