Shred of Insanity Nerf in BGs?

You can burn 200 shreds in 2s faster than BGs, don’t act like this isn’t a pathetic nerf. Especially since the quest still says HKs reward them.

They’ll come out and say it was a “bug” in 2 months and not prorate any to the people who earned them.

Used in professions, to make things like the alchemy trinkets

It’s basically for the N’Zoth version of the abyssal focus

After doing some more BGs, I’m like 99.99% sure it’s been nerfed

It’s kind of annoying because I actually thought I’d get some use out of professions this patch… Guess not

Can shreds drop from 2 skirmishes or does it have to be rated?

Where do I go to get these profession quests? I actually wanted to use alch trinkets/engi helm but I was extremely late to the abyssal focus party and missed out on collecting enough.

You will get a ‘Void Focus recipe’ from killing and looting mobs in the assault zone . After you learn the recipe, you then loot ‘ Void focus splinters’ from same mobs . You will see a option to make a ‘Void Focus’ in professions after you get 10 of these ‘splinters’ and combine them .
Turn that in to Wrathion in the chamber and the quest chain starts .

I don’t have my cloak yet (working on it). Do I need that first before the quest item drops?

No I am pretty sure not . But you need to finish the introductory quest line for the patch .

1 Like

It’s not nerfed, it seems it kinda self dr’s if you queue too much and if you don’t queue you get more when you actually queue as some form of catchup. Kind of.

I actually like how these don’t drop in m+, at least I’m getting my 475 azerite helm tomorrow and I don’t need to get declined by legions of drooling m+ junkies who think +10 is challenging bc of that stupid IO.
It might also take into consideration your kb/death ratio, maybe.

Seems like a reward for grinding lots of hks, which is strangely good considering their recent anti pvp history.

1 Like

I did a WG with about 160 HK’s and I got 1 shard at the end of it !!

Like I said, if you queue too much it drs otherwise people would get 470s in the first week. It seems fair tbh.

It was part of 4 BG’s I did last night , and the only epic. I don’t think that was too much . I got 1 from the ToK and none from the other 2 which I lost . So 2 for the whole night . 200 is so far away , lol

The issue with the Shred are they do not drop from HK kills. I was getting them before and now I get none. I do get them from wins. The quest reads “Honorable Kills” and I got over 100 just from kills. Then all of a sudden they stop dropping for everyone? GM seem to think it is a RNG issue but funny how they “were” dropping like candy.

GM Response: At the moment, there is no known bug with the drop rate of Shreds of Insanity. It is not a guaranteed drop for every honor kill, and it is likely that the first few were just very lucky RNG.

If you do feel that it is a bug, I would recommend submitting a Bug Report from the in-game Help menu. This will get the game information sent directly to our Quality Assurance team to look into. Until it has been investigated, Customer Support would be unable to provide any compensation. You will need to continue grinding out the Shreds of Insanity.

Also, I know people that raid and had their Shreds the first week.

I got 4 during a ToK last night and another 1 for the win. So they are still dropping for HK’s.

People keep saying this, but trashran after trashran with tons of kills nets nothing.

Same thing happened with me with WG. WG is the BG with the potential to get the maximum no of HK’s and I got 1 after we won the game . I had about 150 HK’s .

Several BGs today and still no shreds from HKs.

1 Like

I can confirm this too.
Last week, I was getting around 3 per epic BG.(regardless of win or lose)
Today I’ve done 4 and got 0.

They should just announce these nerfs too. Really hate “secret” nerfs.
People are sooner or later gonna realize it, so stop keeping it a damn secret.

EDITED: I also did multiple PvP quests, like AOO, kill 25 at Vale, kill 25 at Mechagon. I don’t think I’ve gotten any shreds from those kills either.

EDITED2: I also haven’t gotten any from honor kills nor killing blows so far. If its only from wins now, then I guess shred from random BGs are gonna be a horde only thing.

EDITED3: sorry for so many edits. Alliance loses majority of random BGs as most of you may know, but these shreds have been the only thing keeping my motivation up. I was able to stay positive regardless of endless losing matches because of these. I’ll continue trying BGs for this week to see if its been really changed. If it actually is, I think I’ll just not do BGs anymore on my alliance toon.

2 Likes

They don’t drop from HKs anymore for sure, Seems possible to get more than 1 from the win bonus tho, at least in epic bgs and seems super rare.

Better off just queing arena or skirmishes for them now

but people in this very thread insist they still drop!

Another 500 hk overnight and not a single shred.