Should you ask mages for water on BGs?

health stones save more people in pvp than water.

After few days of bgs i stopped caring about water, i’m dying in one hit anyway with my blue gear

1 Like

The more pressing issue is:

Should you tip mages for water in BGs?

I always give people water, but I receive 1-2g in tips in IF, but in BGs I never receive a tip.

no? it’s free cast. You’re not tipping priest for stamina buff even though it costs 1/3 of their mana

I dont expect to be tipped for AI or even AB. That is apples to apples. It would take me over 3 minutes to make 40 water for every mana user in the BG. Not feasible to do every BG with 90 seconds before the match.

1 Like

Its not a free cast it takes mana that could be used to buff AI.

Yep, this is the crux of the issue. If we spend time making water for everyone, the BG starts and we are the last ones out of the gate or we have maybe 45% mana by the time we get to Balinda.

To add, if we had infinite mana while the BG’s were in their joining phase we would probably be more open to making water and buffing.

2 Likes

On my 17 Ud mage I go out of my way to give ppl water. Most of the time they trade something useful back or a few coins

1 Like

at 60 you make 10 water per cast, you can only make 80-100 water with a full raid geared mana bar. AV is the biggest discussion here as WSG and AB only have a few people so handing out water there isnt that big of a deal. But in AV when you are flooded with people 30 seconds before the game starts opening trade and not saying a word, now I have to choose between handing out all my water that I need for the coming hour, making water during the fight rather than killing horde, or not buffing AI to give out water.

I would rather buff AI and fight horde than make water for the non prepared.

1 Like

100%

/10char

1 Like

doubt. Those who don’t give water wont give it no matter what

Are you attributing their lack of water giving to malice?

the “too much to bother” attitude is plague from retail still very persistent in classic

1 Like

Being antisocial, opening trade without a word is the retail mindset manifest. In retail we can put a table out and I do all the time. In classic coming prepared is a chore that is part of the game and the entitled masses want you to do it for them or you are a doody head!

1 Like

Ask. I try to go in with at least enough water for a stack for any caster that might ask (WSG,AB). AV I hand out a few stacks if asked and run off, there should be plenty of other mages.

The question is “Should you ask mages for water on bgs” and the answer is “no you should come prepared” please do not contribute to the lazy mindset that they don’t need to come prepared to the thing they queued up for.

nobody should waste gold on bgs

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion. As a mage I say ask. No harm in asking.

1 Like

let me elaborate further, the question is not “should mages hand out water” because the answer is yes. The question is “Should you ask mages for water on bgs”.

Holds up cardboard sign

“Will open lockboxes for mage food.”

1 Like