Should you ask mages for water on BGs?

If you are too poor to afford tipping a mage ( I actually dont take tips from people asking in cities, im sure you can find others like me outside the BG ) for 6 stacks of water you are too poor for classic wow.

Well that’s good. How many people are asking a 30 hunter for water?

Oh man you got me I dont post from my mains, next.

1 Like

Who are you, Kevin Durant?

Gnome hunter?
Interesting combo, can not recall ever seeing it.

Hahah, no. I actually try to not life tap. I use pots+runes as much as possible. (Lifetap puts you in GCD which is a 100% dps loss for every time you click it)

So be responsible and bring the tools necessary for you to do your job before you arrive. I have a priest, I buy water.

1 Like

Only BG i dont hand out water in is AV… The que’s are so damn long. If you dont find a mage in an hour to give you water. Then thats not my fault for you not wanting to be prepared. For WSG/AB I spend 5-6 minutes summoning water in between que’s - I dont mind per-say giving people water… But it always irks me that people dont come prepared with their own.

Imagine spending gold on a bg lol.

Gotta have those LIPS for melee trainz

It was funny because my guild finally decided to run somes bg’s and our priest had no water - the only pug mage wouldnt trade them some.

It took about 3 mins for the priest to work out that the green healing leaf also restores full mana. Playing on defense in ab = always near the spawn.

No more mana issues.

I like you.
Too bad your undead.

It’s annoying to have to say repeatedly Dude stop suiciding yourself, im dumping more HP and Mana into you than the tank

1 Like

The more I do AV, the less I want to give water. If I have water in supply and you ask before the BG, I’ll give it to you. However, I often step away from my computer once I’ve entered so I can get a drink or something. I also lack enthusiasm considering people have been queueing AV just for rep grind and don’t even try to win to begin with, so why do I have to waste time giving water to people who are going to die frequently anyway?

Also, you do realize that you can get much better water or food from other sources, right? I mean, you can get spirit buff water in the Alterac Mountains.

And I like to give out int buffs at the start since I think the initial push has more value than later aspects of the BG.

Ultimately, mostly hunters ask for food and water anyway. Most healers I play with come prepared but there’s never a shortage of hunters who need food and drink because they can’t be bothered to come prepared to begin with.

Finally, only on the rare winning AVs does getting heals matter to me anyway. More often than not death comes swiftly to this mage whether I’m trying to hang back and cast from a distance (because frickin’ hunters and their seemingly limitless range) or mage bombing (which, on the alliance side, just means people can rest rather than take advantage of what mages can set up with mage bombs) which often leads to death.

Again, ask before the BG and you shall receive if I’m paying attention, but it’s really starting to feel like a useless gesture.

2 Likes

I didn’t train my water and food skills so I could buy my mount.

AFK in Orgrimmar 15min/28min/1hr30min in queue
Bgpop
“Oh hey can I get water?”

lols

3 Likes

I’m fine with giving healers water. However, when people open trade and say literally nothing, and expect the water is where it’s really annoying and more often than not results in nothing being given. It’s not hard to ask, but to open trade without so much as a “please”, is honestly infuriating, I don’t know why… but it is.

3 Likes

Mage here and I’m with Orlyy it’s annoying if people just open trade and say nothing. On the same note when I was bigger into pvp I’d always go into bgs with at least one stack of max water and food per healer and one stack of food for warriors and rogues. For people like enh shammies and hunters I’d just quick conjure up 20 of the older rank of water since their mana pools are so low.

To answer the OP I’m not sure if I’m in the minority or not but I absolutely love when people ask me for food, or water, or portals. It always made me feel like I was wanted and special in the game because I’m the only class that could do it.

When I first leveled this guy I pvp’d almost solely up to 60 because that was fun to me. So I was the level 20 in the 20-29 bracket sitting there conjuring water 2 at a time for the healers in the bg and that’s all I’d do during queue times.

Now on retail I get a big smile and feel all giddy when someone asks for a portal anymore because it’s so rare. It has nothing to do with your topic but I’ve always loved that utility it’s those little moments that always made me feel unique as a mage. Slow fall, polymorph, food, water, and portals <3.

1 Like

Given things require reagents in classic, you could also try carrying the reagents on you, so you can say, “If I gave you the reagents, could you please make water for me?”

Nothing wrong with asking for it, just dont do it 30 seconds before the BG starts because believe it or not, we could be getting multiple requests for it, it costs a ton of mana to make them, and we need water too. Running out with 1/4 mana of the bat is not helpful to the group.

Use your brains.

1 Like

I usually have 10-12 stacks pre-made and snipe-trade suspected healers with a cpl stacks each. Gets a much better reaction imo, and it is a strong, shareable skill of the class.

1 Like