Should TBC be a fresh start?

fresh only way to go. if people carry toons or gold over its pretty much over.

1 Like

Explain why you believe that

Why is it pretty much over? when TBC launched over 13 years ago, we all didn’t start at level 1 again. Why should it be forced here?

Exactly…

Because the servers/game isn’t progressing.

3 Likes

But the TBC servers most definitely would be… so why would you deny them the gear they worked for?

Winning in an MMO is whatever the player defines it to be. Some people feel the need to win. Otherwise, what’s the point. Beating the last raid is as good definition as any of winning the game.

IK, my goals don’t necessarily line up with that definition, though. I think there’s much more to the Game than simply raiding and gearing up only one Character, on one Class, on one Faction.

They don’t have to relevel if they don’t want to. The issue with allowing direct transfers would be the complete lack of low level content. We are talking vacant leveling except for belf paladins and dranei shaman because everyone else would be leveling on the classic servers to actually be able to do content as they level. Just because you don’t have a problem with having no low level content, doesn’t mean others wouldn’t.

1 Like

So you think they’ll just progress Classic into BC instead of giving us seperate TBC servers?

As I said earlier:

They would be mutually exclusive with each other. I’d be singing a different tune, if TBC would be overriding Classic.

2 Likes

If blizzard decides to do a classic tbc, I think it’s obvious they will not reset peoples experience, character progression, gear, etc.
People can come back to this to quote in the future, but from a role playing perspective, in an MMORPG, being forced to go into the future expansions fresh every time and having to start brand new characters makes zero sense.
If people want to start fresh, by all means go for it. There can be fresh tbc servers waiting for you.
Otherwise, I’m confident we’ll be able to continue our characters in some way or another, on select tbc servers.

1 Like

This is where our lines are crossed.

You’re thinking of it as an expac.

I’m thinking of it as entirely different game.

4 Likes

I don’t think it would be completely separate but who knows what they will actually do.

But it is, quite literally, an expac… regardless of “how you think of it…”

2 Likes

Didn’t we all just do that with Classic, though?

I get your point, like I said, I view them as two separate Games. The same way I do between Standard and Classic.

So, those starting fresh would be separate from those copying over their Characters? Perhaps, I’m simply not understanding this quote.

I believe anything is possible.

The same way Classic is separate from Standard.

Expansion is to expand upon, as in stacking TBC on top of Classic. We’re talking about having Standard, Classic and TBC. Shadowlands is not an expansion to Classic, neither will TBC to Classic, if kept as separated Games, just like Standard and Classic already are. In order for it to be an “expansion”, it needs to override Classic (or Standard, but I doubt it).

1 Like

An expansion pack, expansion set, supplement, or simply expansion is an addition to an existing role-playing game , tabletop game , video game or collectible card game . These add-ons usually add new game areas, weapons, objects, characters, or an extended storyline to an already-released game .

By definition, TBC was an expansion to Vanilla. Tbc classic will be an expansion to Wow Classic. Thats… just how it is

Then Standard is an “expansion” to WoW Classic. That’s…just how it is. Afterall, it all happened after Vanilla, right?

I have always considered Classic to be starting from the beginning again. If we get expansions, then one can assume that we’ll have the opportunity to essentially create a character and have it progress through the same storylines again.
I believe that Classic as a whole, will be one and the same. With classic vanilla servers and classic tbc servers. I could be wrong… I could be VERY wrong, but I think that makes a lot of sense and is more obvious to me.

What the heck is “standard?”