Should Raid Titles be FOMO?

I think the more we put under FOMO the better.

It gives players a reason to stay engaged and logging on and gives them a sense of pride and accomplishment.

1 Like

Funnily those aren’t really fomo as as long as you joined a guild with the title and you got cutting edge during that tier you will get the title. It’s pretty weird how it works.

Ok, some person who uses special characters in their name doesn’t believe me. On a Sunday.

Meanwhile, I will take great satisfaction in telling people :

“Honey child - you just were not around for that FOMO”

1 Like

That is the very definition of FOMO, being a limited time reward and all.

1 Like

Cutting edge is the fomo part, hall of fame is still getable as long as you got cutting edge.

So…it’s FOMO. Glad we got that sorted.

No because I could earn old hall of fame today. But I can’t earn old cutting edge.

Not fomo but I believe some could get the Algalon treatment, with title only obtainable if your party has a set maximum gear and level.

1 Like

Serious question… Do people actually think achievements in this game mean anything to anyone other than the person who got it? Because if you do, well I got news for you.

Edit: Oh and posting in a Cerkov thread

1 Like

Not really, no.

Sorry.

70% of my threads are shower thoughts, or when I can’t fall asleep lmao

Yeah but OP does this all day every day.

1 Like

You have something that nobody wants,
I would not go to get that title even if it was available right now.

There is also a difference, when someone actually asks you what hand of adal is,
and when you imagining how cool it would be if someone asked you and create imaginary scenarios in your head.

Easy to say when the choice isn’t even yours.

“I hate FOMO but I don’t want it anyway…”

Your river of tears cries into streams of insignificance

Naw, I have evidence, my title stay empty, I do not chase after anything in the previous expansions, you on the other hand, have only wishful thinking and illusions that anyone else wants that title.

Pve would benefit from more seasonal rewards.

i’m FOMOphobic.

No.

The more “FOMO” the more new players would be turned off of playing.

“Oh hey cool title, how’d you get it?” - “Oh you can’t anymore!”
“Hey I love your mount, where does it drop?” -“Oh you can’t get it anymore”
“That pet is cute, where can I get one?” -“It isn’t available anymore”

Just a huge turn off. Same reason why when I quit Hearthstone in 2017, I would never go back.

Once others have so much stuff that you can never “catch up”, or you can’t ever get stuff that others can, you just feel annoyed and frustrated about things you can no longer obtain. And it ruins desire to play.

1 Like

Firstly, this in reference the price of an object. It’s an economic reference.

Secondly, The neckbeard community has twisted this concept the mean, “If I have it and you don’t then I’m better than you.”

The bottom line is that if your joy comes from what others don’t have you will never be happy.

Don’t be that person.

That is what cutting edge titles are for

Although part of me wishes Blizzard would retroactively give ones for previous expansions that had the cutting edge achievements (MoP to and including Legion). Since cutting edge titles did not exist until BFA.

I want my “framed slayer of Xavius” title Blizzard!!! Even though I’ll never use it as cutting edge Xavius shouldn’t even exist :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like