Should Raid Titles be FOMO?

It was kind of disapointing when Cataclysm dropped and the “Kingslayer” title was still obtainable from WOTLK.

I remember lots of people wanting to down the Lich King for the title as a flex, just for it be able to be ran down by higher level players down the line.

Scarcity creates value, which is the reason Zulian Tiger or Scarab Lord title is so cool to see still.

Maybe there could be an exception that these raid titles return for timewalking raids? Like timewalking ICC would give people a chance to get Kingslayer.

2 Likes

Raid titles yes should be attainable.

If for nothing else for Lore purposes

With AoTC being a thing raid titles from said raids should be no problem.

Either play it while its current get your AoTC AND title or just dont get AoTC its quite a simple solution that blizzard did

4 Likes

I got Kingslayer legitimately, but feel no need to flex it.

I don’t even use it, all my toons use Brewmaster to reflect my real life hobby.

9 Likes

Make everything time-limited BUT add disclaimer for new players when they’re installing the game that tells them “most things in wow are unavailable” so that they don’t die of laughter seeing a game where most things are unavailable.

5 Likes

I have to admit, I feel extra special using my “Hand of Adal” title on my Paladins.

Not because it was so hard to get. But because it is rarer and rarer to see.

3 Likes

Nothing should be FOMO. The only people who care are people trying to validate how much time they play this game.

18 Likes

unless you can revert the toons upon zone-in to the level and ilvl of the intended content, yes.

why don’t they template down in old content? that’d keep content relevant forever.

1 Like

Is this really a thing? I’m scared.

1 Like

Yes, no, maybe, I don’t know. Can you repeat the question?

2 Likes

I love this idea. I love it more as an option. Like as you zone in it asks you if you want to scale yourself down cause some people just want to collect mogs so its not gonna be for them

The only problem is scaling.

Do you scale it down back as intended then? Weve seen them and how they scale time walking are you talking like a similar idea but for raid?

1 Like
2 Likes

basically permanent timewalking after an expansion ends, for each raid, yes.,

1 Like

That’d be pretty sick.

Im down for it

Call blizzard pitch it to them

1 Like

This would be awesome.

I remember back in WOTLK my sever had a TBC content/progression guild.

They all stopped lvling at 70 and legit just did TBC content, raided Sunwell and all that.

1 Like

There are FOMO raid titles available already for high end raiders being among the first to clear a raid. We don’t need to make them all like that.

1 Like

If you want a FOMO raid title then join a CE guild and kill the end tier mythic boss.

Is this a subtle Trading Post thread?

I don’t care either way honestly. WoW is so full of FOMO in small ways that you either run the marathon or move on.

I don’t know anything about trading post other than I get cool scarves from it sometimes.

I was just thinking about how much effort my WOTLK guild put into killing Lich King (we were kinda dumb) back in the day.

Now you just run in, 1-shot him, and get the title.

EDIT

Also we never even killed him, we cleared every boss except for him. I got my Kingslayer title during Cataclysm :joy::joy:

2 Likes

You can’t get that a’dal(?) title these days right? In that case it’s very special. I’m sure there are way more titles you can not get today. I personally have no problem whatsoever with giving out old rewards. They’re outdated and a lot of people from those days no longer even plays so they’re lost in time for no reason. It’s like they’re almost punishing people for not having played during some event etc. It is what it is.

2 Likes

Yeah, well, I put in a lot of effort to kill him too around that time with a guild. It took us a bit but we eventually got there, and we all got the same title. That boss is well over a decade old now. Who cares?

1 Like