Should I go to Outlands at lvl58?

I really don’t want to grind out a lvl68-69, should I hold off on Outlands till I am lvl60?

You should have enough quests even if you go at 58. You can run a couple dungeons.

Back when TBC was current I went to outlands at 58 and didn’t have to grind out anything. That said I did do pretty much every dungeon in the expansion pretty much anytime I saw someone request a healer while leveling do that may be why.

Honestly doing an area like EPL will give you experience equal to that of Hellfire’s starting area. You could even buy a few Outland greens cheap at 58 and stomp said content with little effort from 58 to 60 and then proceed to Hellfire.

You don’t need to wait for 60. Most of the Hellfire is level 58-59 mobs. Every piece of loot you get will be a MASSIVE upgrade. By the time you will be done with first questing hub (honor hold or Thrallmar), all you classic gear will be replaced.

2 Likes

Even without dungeon grinding or boosting or anything like that, just questing normally throughout the zones, you will not run out of quests before level 70. Between either Netherstorm or SMV you’ll basically have one of those two left completely.

You certainly can stay behind and level in Azeroth if you want to. I know back in 2008 on one of my alts I stayed behind and did Winterspring because I liked the zone. It is inefficient though and not even just getting less exp per hour than you would going to hellfire you also aren’t getting any relevant reps up.

1 Like

It’s certainly doable. That being said, having some dungeon blues from BRD and higher helps a lot. If you don’t have decent gear, waiting until 60 could make questing in Hellfire a bit less of an ordeal.

I don’t recommend going there before 60 unless you just want to grind. Most quests and mobs will soon turn orange and be difficult to solo at 58-59.

Edit: I don’t know what version of hellfire others are talking about; but it’s not the one from this game. On here, there’s only a handful of quests that won’t be far over a 58, so as I said, unless you want to grind… you’re better off back in classic zones where there are still tons of quests to do. If you want to be 58 and struggle to do quests full of level 61+ mobs that are also closely packed together… you go ahead. But I would not advise it, and I’m not going to argue about it. This extra clarification is all I’m going to add on the subject.

1 Like

You can go to hellfire at 58. Might be a little hard I think you can do it.

It’s not that bad cause those starting quests give so much experience.

I did mine in really crappy green and blue at lvl 58. It’s really easy just make sure u do dungeons when u can

A warlock should be able to handle outlands at 58. Any ranged actually. If you were a warrior in garbo gear I’d say run a few 50’s 5 mans first.

I went in at 58, and I left Hellfire at 62, I ended up doing Rampart twice though for my guild

I played BC back in the day with the original xp requirements. We have the 2.4 nerfed xp requirements now.

But I leveled from 60 - 70, did every quest I could find in Hellfire, Zangamarsh, Terokkar, Nagrand, Blade’s Edge and about half of Shadowmoon, and maybe only a handful of dungeons, and was 70 without ever touching Netherstorm. So I can assure you, you have more than enough quests to get from 58 - 70 without having to grind.

Absolutely go.

The mobs give twice the experience as old world mobs. You can hop in another dungeon or two and you’ll be on the same track as everyone else.

Not true.

They’re easy peasy at lvl 58.

Nah, the xp needed for 58-60 is a lot smaller than 60+ you hit 60 very quickly in the Outland. Nothing will turn orange if you just follow the path given to you.

The “elitist” meta is to run dungeons to 70. Since you stop getting rep from most of the normal dungeons at honored you can get to revered fastest this way which is almost as much time as getting to 70.

But if you need the gear you’ll have to do a fair amount of questing in hellfire anyways. Even if you never set foot in a dungeon I am quite sure you can’t run out of quests.

I had a few friends who did the boost and went right to outland. They didn’t do a single dungeon and ran out of quests around the end of level 69

honestly I had too much trouble questing in outland at 58. It wasn’t really fun until 60