Should GDKP be banned now?

Yeah but what if something you do want drops? Will that million gold help you obtain it?

Damn man. Every post you make is exactly like your reply here. Why do you have your forum user profile hidden?

Not if someone else has 1,000,001

lol you quit the game :rofl:

So if the other person bought 1,000,001 gold then the gold they bought allowed them to win that item?

And if they didnt buy it?

Then it’s not pay to win, but if they did, then it is pay to win. The ability to purchase the item with pay to win is there right?

It cant be pay to win and not pay to win at the same time.

Okay, then it is pay to win.

How did they pay to win if they didnt buy gold? Are you assuming that people who earned their gold are pay to win cause theyre using gold on items?

In before Misanthra.

The ability to buy gold is there. That is a pay to win element. I said in that case it wasn’t pay to win because a player didn’t purchase gold. You said that you can’t have pay to win and not pay to win at the same time. Because you have no idea what pay to win is judging by how you keep bringing up RNG which is completely irrelevant.

Not when you can’t actually win anything with gold.

Yes but like I said before, in your definition every multiplayer game is pay to win, so youve effectively watered down the term so much that it doesnt even mean anything.

I don’t and I’m not against gdkps. They’re playing a different game than I am. But it’s seems obvious to me that there’s a lot of gold buying in classic wow and paid mage boosting and gdkps are benefiting and fueling it. It’s a form of p2win, less than if you just buy the item in a store, but still p2win. Pay to win isn’t a black and white thing. It’s a continuum with many shades of grey.

And you’ve made the definition so narrow it’s excludes so much of the use of out side $$$ in a game it’s not useful in any discussion of $$$ in a game.

1 Like

You can get rid of GDKPs and boosting and it doesnt solve anything. People will still buy gold.

You can get rid of RMT completely and GDKPs and boosting would still exist just as much as it does today.

In my definition, if you can purchase in game benefits with real life currency then the game is pay to win. Which is a pretty standard definition. Yours is based entirely around you enjoying your gdkp payout while convincing yourself that gold selling hasn’t improved those.

Its not a pretty standard definition, its a very watered down definition that every game is now pay to win. Congratulations.

Players broke the TOS. Blizz set the TOS. Players won’t stop breaking the TOS blizzard can change the TOS.

Your opinion matters nothing because no matter how hard you manipulate the truth you will never change the outcome that the token is in the game and is a benefit to the company and players.

In short: get owned nerd.

1 Like

Yep. Some aren’t even buying for this.

My token buy got gold for vendor/npc stuff. Artisan flying, dual spec for an alt. and the hundreds to 80 any unseen skills from a say SV spec (she has been BM and MM…no survival skills beyond the baselines).

$20 got me 9.1k. $20 saved me many hours of farming gold. I am content. I won’t be blowing $200 more to run gdkp.

Me personally…my fun money goes to more useful things than better gear for pixels. I don’t see p2w. I see p2l. pay to lose (real money on stuff I deem stupid).

LIke when I get to a very nice store with a very nice camera section in tokyo soon. I will try out some carbon fiber tripods with my own hands. those run a few hundred dollars (converted).

That…is what I splurge hundreds on. Not a wow char lol. If like my last tripod…I will use that a loooong while. The tripod being replaced I have had for 14 years now. She has earned a retirement…and the carbon fiber will waaaaaay lighter lol.

1 Like