Should GDKP be banned now?

Oh, so you’re just providing make belief data? Cool cool

Skipping the roll is irrelevant. Skipping the roll would be equivalent to not bidding on the item. Youre still competing with other people that are bidding on the item which is the same as competing with people on a roll.

No, its not make belief. Its avoiding other people having to sift through posts to get through a conversation you and I are having.

1 Like

Although in one system you can’t use real life currency to win that roll.

It doesnt matter if its real life currency, dkp points, or a roll. Its still you having an equal chance at the item as the person youre competing with.

Sounds like it’s make belief to me.

I mean you can think what you want, i dont really care.

It does if the point is that one is p2w and one is not. Purchasing gold with RL currency gives you a huge advantage over someone who does not spend real life money on said currency, especially if both players have an equal playtime.

And meanwhile the people who got the same item for free months ago are laughing at the idiots that buy gold to try to get an item :no_good_woman: that advantage didnt win that race.

It’s not the same. When players are buying gold the competition is often over who has bought the most gold.

And both players have the same opportunity at unlimited funding. In my experience people who bought gold are a rarity. Theres only been one time that I suspected someone in a GDKP I was in to have bought gold and thats because they were spending 10k+ on items that normally average 2-5k and they did that the entire raid and ultimately spent another 60k at the end on a turning tide.

In a different raid we were 3 bosses in and a person got banned for having bought gold and the only item they bid on and won they won for 300g uncontested - the bid minimum for that raid.

I dont get paranoid about gold buyers.

So are you saying that buying gold doesn’t give you an advantage in gdkp? I don’t really understand your argument. You keep bringing up RNG and other irrelevant topics. Do you disagree that purchasing gold assists in acquiring items in gdkp?

Im saying that whether you bought the item with gold or won it on a roll its the same item and you had an equal amount of chance at getting it as everyone else does. The buying of gold didnt make you win anything that somebody didnt already win at months ago without buying gold.

You could buy flare on your toon and ill still outdps you without it. You didnt win.

So buying gold doesn’t help you win items in gdkp?

Doesnt help any more than saving up dkp points does in a dkp guild.

Why was gold buying illegal in the first place? After you answer that, tell me how it makes it ok for Blizzard to do it without being a giant Blizzard cope apologist.

1 Like

The same opportunity but not the same ability. Some people don’t want to play a game where the size of a person’s paycheck out side the game determines what they get in the game.

We’ll never know. But in original wow I didn’t know a single person who admitted they bought gold and regularly there was talk in chat of person x who was just banned for buying gold. In classic I’ve had at least a couple dozen people tell me they bought gold.

So buying gold doesn’t help you win items in a gdkp?

Which is fine, you dont have to participate in those raids. Those guys dont affect you as they werent going to group with you anyway. Its a win win for both sides. You have your MS>OS, HR and SR runs and they have GDKPs.

I can buy 1,000,000 gold today and leave a gdkp with nothing because anything I can use didnt drop. Buying that gold didnt help.