Should GDKP be banned now?

finally, all this running ulduar for 18 weeks with only seeing 2 is over.

Your patience has paid off. 101 tokens and youll also get mims head though, keep that in mind

P2w is p2w, being obtuse about the topic does not change that.

2 Likes

People have been buying gold since this game came out. They only released the wow token originally in WoD when the population dipped. The truth is the only thing that’s changed over all this time isn’t player behavior; it’s Blizzard.

I do like quotes to illustrate some points. A good one is:

Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game; therefore, One of the responsibilities of designers is to protect the player from themselves.

The fact that GDKPs were allowed to happen, allowed to persist and grow in frequency, is exclusively a fault of Blizzard and noone else’s.

It depends on how fragile and loose your definition of p2w is. With your definition every MMO is pay to win.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with the merits of GDKP, I personally dislike paying/bidding for gear. I wont fault people for preferring GDKP though at all.

That’s not really my question or point though. Do you think there could be a point where the pay out at the end is seen as less of a motivation for geared carries to continue to do the content repeatedly?

Hypothetically lets say you are a carry in a Uld25 post token and the payout at the end is roughly the same as you would make doing dailies in less time with less effort.

Do you keep doing GDKP for 300ish gold at the end or does the scene for GDKP turn into pure selling of carries? I figure either selling carries as an option over MS>OS pugs (as GDKP people avoid those type of pugs for good reason) or a smaller GDKP scene that is okay with the smaller payouts?

As a disclaimer: this is just me wondering what GDKP people think about potential situations, not debating what the best pug system is. Also all numbers are pulled out of my twisting nether and used for the sake of discussion.

Do you think the influx of players who never RMT’d and weren’t doing GDKP due to lack of gold would increase the base bid values as those buying tokens buy more to try and compete with pure RMT players?

how do you “win” if you still have to raid to get the item like everyone else and it may never even drop?

Nope… I want to make even more gold from losing bids.

I think most people would still do GDKP carries if the payout was 2-4k as its only 2 hours a week per toon to get it.

Not to mention that somebody else got the same drop for free long before you RMT’d for a chance to get it.

You keep telling yourself this, I suspect you know better though.

I could buy 1000 tokens today and never see flare drop. How did I win? Answer that.

Lol at the gdkp enjoyers argue that it’s not p2w because RNG of item drops, do you guys think loot box gambling in games isn’t p2w when you need to purchase the rolls just because there is RNG involved in how much you win?:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

The mental gymnastics are getting a bit out of control with you p2w folks. Not sure why you are trying to defend it, just own it.

2 Likes

what are you “winning” explain that?

What ever it is you buy. I mean come on man, its p2w you can’t get around that.

Cheers!

1 Like

I get what you’re saying.

Would it be safe to assume that the speed of raid completion generally outweighs a lower payout?

Would seem to me that the gold is a bonus in this case and not the primary driver, which makes sense as everyone wants their time to feel valued and not wasted.

The item that you buy with gold, which is now “legally” purchaseable with money. You can farm the gold yourself, or you can buy it at much faster rate with your credit card.

1 Like

okay…but you still have to play the game, and then bid on the items. You could buy gold and still be outbid, buy gold and the item just never drops. It gives you no edge that couldn’t be gained by just raiding in a guild.

You win nothing that couldn’t have been gained by playing the game without buying gold though.

That’s wild, I didn’t know that players added the token into the game. Thanks for that info.

1 Like