Should GDKP be banned now?

its literally the only thing that will slow down gdkps, rmt, and bots

Slowing down doesnt solve anything. You realize people are RMTing for epic flying, you know the thing that 1 week of dailies would get you?

Outside of RMT which keep in mind RMT is associated with everything that can be bought with gold, what is the flaw of GDKP itself as a loot system?

You realize one token covers that? One week of dailies vs one hour of IRL work. People buying an occasional token for a one-time purchase isn’t an issue. Especially when that gold is going to a vendor and thus being permanently removed from the economy.

You still bought gold for something that is easily afforded by something you can do in 45 mins each day. If youre ok with RMT for one thing youre a hypocrite for wanting to get rid of something else for RMT.

If i remember correctly you bought a token for flying, so of course youre ok with that RMT :rofl:

Frog, meet boiling pot of water

Druid, meet dead Classic Era cluster

Funny thing here is one of nintendo’s hottest games ever…was about indentured servitude. And nintendo is supposed to be the more family oriented console.

Tom nook, the slum lord had that millions hooked on indentured servitude. You never ever eva paid off that island debt lol.

1 Like

Time is money friend. I used a service offered by Blizzard. I never asked for the token to be added, but since it has I might as well take advantage of it. It’s no different from using a character boost. My issue is with the illegal gold sellers who bot and steal accounts.

Hey you do you. Just know any RMT rhetoric you come up with will never be taken seriously.

Your consequentialism is its own just reward.

Unless what you´re doing is against the law, doing something with consent is absolutely right and moral, no matter wether you like others doing it or not. Are you a citicen of North Korea or whats up with your weird take on freedom of the individual ?

1 Like

It actually can and does. More loot = \ = wanted loot. PL can literally force you to vendor/DE loot your fellow raid members want because it blocks the trade.

It did this in retail where loot was far more straight forward and streamlined. In classic it would be an absolute nightmare.

PL is was removed for a reason. It was a failure.

Imagine raiding 17 weeks and the 3 flares that your raid has ever seen was won by the same person, who couldnt give it to the other casters.

What an awful, awful loot system.

1 Like

Or I as a combat rogue get a dagger that my muti rogue wants but PL blocks the trade

Classic with its varied ilvls mid raid based on which difficulty you pursue and it’s gear that can carry over between phases would make PL a complete disaster if it were implemented

2 Likes

Agreed 100%.

Personal loot can be traded. At least the retail version worked like that. If the item you get is higher than your current slot, its bound. If its lower or the same, it can be traded.

Said no one ever

Yeah, and that means that a Voldrethar would not be tradable from a DK to someone who actually needs it, unless its either the 2nd one the DK gets, or he already got another 252 weapon…

That is correct and a very niche situation. Unfortunately no loot system is the best for everything.

Sure, a niche situation that only fits for the whole of Ulduar, or classic in that regard.
Ilvl = Good is something that happened later in wow due to streamlining of items.

Another example, Firemages.
Every offset drop on setslots except alga gloves would be wasted dropping for a firemage.
Not to talk about items that have offstats you dont really need and thus not want.
I personally dont mind PL that much, but i still see the negatives.