Should GDKP be banned now?

Ban GDKP now if you want to absolutely kill this game.

How would you even ban GDKPs? players are free to distribute loot as they wish

Its been discussed throughout this thread. Many examples. Like personal non tradeable loot. As one example.

Same here my dude, day 1 player. Logged in first day of the WoD second raid tier, took one look at the shipyard thing and noped out to POE until classic release in 2019 XD

1 Like

It wasn’t.
But if you truly believe that, you’ll be happy to know blizzard just gave their seal of approval to RMT. It’s no longer a ToS violation via tokens.

Another excellent idea to completely murder this game. lmaooo

The backlash against that caused Blizzard to abandon personal nontradeable loot.
They’re damned if they do and damned if they don’t.
So they’ll take the easy route and not do anything.

Streamers who go to multiple GDKPs a week, make youtube videos about them, are now upset at the wow token. You reap what you sow people.

I cant speak to the mega servers but on my dad server Westfall gdkps are incredibly strong group of players that laugh and have a good time while clearing content.

Im sure some of the raiders buy gold, a vast majority do not (including myself, im patient with my gear and buy things occasionally and have a good time doing so). Is it annoying when the whale buys every single piece with his obviously purchased gold? I guess. But its the minority doing that not the majority.

The alternative to these runs on my alts (again, on a small server lkke westfall) is terrible players with worse raid leads that can barely fill a group let alone clear the content. No, i wont suffer through that and would much rather play with the good players and either occasionally buy things or get a nice reward for my time.

Not all gdkps are evil money printing machines, some of the folks hating on them are very out of touch.

Maybe this is different on benediction etc, but i still doubt its a majority

1 Like

Dam you’re really mad about the dire maul thing. Maybe I just outed your farming spot.

In a world with actual crack downs on RMT gdkp would just be a superior pug experience. SR runs are filled with awful players.

We don’t live in that world though

4 Likes

Make gold account bound ¯\ (ツ)_/¯

but that would create another set of issues to be reworked

I’ll be honest, I do. I don’t really have a problem with the state of GDKPs on westfall. Maybe we’re just speeeecial

Pagle is pretty much the same and it’s hardly a small server. I’m sure there’s a handful of GDKP’s with people spending huge amounts but most of them have items going for no more than you can easily make with a little farming.

yeah i don’t want it. I was replying to how banning gdkps could be enforced

I used that as ONE example.

They can’t.

Well they can. Not many will like how though.

No trade, no AH, no mail items/gold.

You now…remove major bits of player interaction MMO is designed to have lol.

Its the player interaction that lets this happen. you see even even D2 had this problem. It was lan/network party interaction that let item sites make money.

The SP game with MP functionality! Let even 2 players interact…things like this can happen. Even in supposed to be SP games that allow MP…items changed hands for money lol.

Should the AH be banned too? Why should ingame currency be usable for some things and not others?

This guy is special.

1 Like

Loot council guilds take a while to distribute gear, in some cases right up to the limit (2 hours?).

You can loot council pretty fast.

But speed running would die.