Should a player be suspended for placing (mage) portals in LFR?

How do you think reports of gameplay sabotage in environments such as solo shuffle are even handled, then? If they don’t know when and where abilities are being used, they have no way to prove that someone is deliberately choosing not to participate, just as one obvious example. Tracking bot behavior is the other big one.

They have the capability to store it; it doesn’t mean however that they keep logs forever. Either a 15-day or 30-day retention period would be fairly manageable for an operation their size.

well definitely should be at least slapped around a little. But actioned? probably not unless they go to raids all the time and do it.

It’s amazing how folks like you assume so much knowing so little.

1 Like

Obnoxious

Bad boy

This happened a lot during Cata in the Dreagon Soul raid when people were waiting for the portal to the Eye of Eternity to fight Hagara.
At least you went to Hillsbrad and not Ancient Dalaran.

No.

It’s part of interacting with other players. Don’t click the portal. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is this based on fact, or just rules you’re making up? Because the last time I’ve checked, dropping a mage portal in any raid, yes, including LFR, isn’t griefing, and isn’t a bannable offense.

2 Likes

Classic.

So many people in this thread need to lighten up. We’ve all gone to ancient dalaran one time or another.

Take it on the chin and just TP back to the raid.

Is it bad that I did it to a group in Shadowfang Keep when doing level sync with a friend back in BfA, and the entire group except myself, fell for it?

No. They’re not forcing anyone to click the portal.

No. If Blizzard didn’t want them using it, they wouldn’t put it in their spellbook.

3 Likes

Why would you need a summoning portal in LFR? Everyone just zones in.

3 Likes

Why did they click the portal?

Unless it was placed on something to click the only ones to blame for taking the portal are those silly enough to actually click an obvious mage Port.

And as many have said… It’s LFG you don’t need a lock… Just port into the instance.

Do people not understand how LFG works?

Those who took the mage Port can just port back into the instance. Lol

2 Likes

Those are based on win-trading or intentionally taking a loss. It has nothing to do with the location in an area where a portal opened. Another type of gameplay sabotage would be intentionally pulling bosses where there is a log of who did damage to a boss.

They simply do not waste time or resources on mages opening a portal. Kick the person, put them on an ignore list, whatever. But please don’t waste a GM’s time with something they can’t do anything about.

4 Likes

This is GD. Some people here act like they know it more than the GM’s and want to make up the rules at the same time.

2 Likes

I agree with you OP. We need more brutal justice in this game. The Forums will tell you everything is your fault. And thats how we got the community we have.

If the game allows you to do it…no. The devs should fix the issue instead expecting players of every age to read the minds of the admins on what is okay or not.

I’d say mage portal in LFG is the wow darwin award. If they are that bad to click an obvious portal, they will be dead weight and the mage did you a solid.

1 Like

I remember during Cata that during Dragonsoul LFR someone had somehow put a portal on top of the one to go to the Eye of Eternity to the actual Eye of Eternity lol. During Cata Malygos still packed a punch. Still don’t know how they did it, but it was funny.

Dalaran crater is located in Hillsbrad.

If you die falling off the platform before Fyrakk it takes forever to fly back so people try to summon instead.